What wouldnt be built today?

ppete1975

Original Poster
HoP is themed and presented very well...aside from politics.
I think its amazing and a Disney masterpiece, but for how long the show is and with peoples attention spans (and it can be a bit dry) I just don't see them spending that much money for a history lesson regardless of how amazingly done.

Bairstow

Walt Disney World.
You don't think the Walt Disney Company wouldn't be interested in capitalizing on their highly-popular Star Wars and Marvel Comics properties? Especially with all of this undeveloped and dirt-cheap cattle-grazing swamp in the middle of Central Florida?

UNCgolf

You don't think the Walt Disney Company wouldn't be interested in capitalizing on their highly-popular Star Wars and Marvel Comics properties? Especially with all of this undeveloped and dirt-cheap cattle-grazing swamp in the middle of Central Florida?

Not the current leadership, no. They don't want to run theme parks.

Tomi-Rocket

A lot of Debbie Downers in here, lol. Personally I’d go with Splash Mountain for the theming and Ellen’s Energy Adventure for the scope and size it took up.

TheX8

Thought with the parks closed I would do one of these what ifs.
So what has been built by Disney that would never be built today.
Im excluding non ip vs ip discussion because we know that would tangent.
But I was just thinking about space ship earth. I cannot imagine them ever building something that huge or expensive again in relation to the show building. They might build something like spaceship earth the ride but it would be in a regular building with a fake front, not a ginormous awe inspiring sphere that's held up by three legs. I know they considered it again at westcot, but I just don't see them going to those extremes again.

The only one that comes to mind is the Enchanted Tiki Room. The Tiki craze was only relevant and popular in the 60s. Now it's a dated phenomenon attributed to the Tiki Room and when Greg Brady fell off his surf board.

thomas998

Well, yes, many are anti-zoo now but zoos still get millions of visitors yearly so I guess it’d still be profitable either way.
Very true. The reality is anti-zoo folks are just one of the many very loud but very small minorities in the world. Sadly in today's world too many young people have too much time on their hands and spend it chasing after movements they were brainwashed to believe in before they got all the facts... like the anti-hunting groups that go bonkers everytime some rich fool in America pays to go hunt an elephant or lion in Africa, never bothering to understand that those controlled hunts conducted by the government are the only means to raise money to protect all the other animals that would be hunted by poacher and killed without that money.

Brad Bishop

Space Mountain

A roller coaster inside a building? Sure, as long as it's IP related. A roller coaster themed on the -outside- so all can see it and it can be iconic??? No. Just put the warehouse sort of behind some trees and call it a day.

Just to follow up a bit on this: I'm always disappointed when I see the back-side of Everest and you see it's just a warehouse (when you're driving on Western Way). It just shows how much Disney has changed over the years. Space Mountain? Looks like Space Mountain from every angle. Everest? Well, it works if you're in the park or parking lot. GotG? The old show building is cool, I guess (I wish they did more with it so it's not just a "repurposed" building) but there's a huge warehouse plopped down back there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom