What would you want to see out of a 5th WDW park? (If there's going to be one)

mrg1106

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I think that a theme-park dedicated to thrill rides would be awesome. I also wouldnt mind a theme park dedicated to Pixar films despite already having Pixar Place.

What do you guys think?

hemloc

zombie-thread.png

Although, I think FACE/PALM might also be appropriate:brick:??

mrg1106

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I know its been discussed before, Im just trying to get some thoughts about the rumoured 5th WDW park.

Walt Disney1955

Never heard about the rumoured 5th gate, considering they could add more to Animal Kingdom, DHS and even Magic Kingdom. But the first two specifically.

That being said I also have discussed this before. I would have no problem with there being a 5th gate but they could fix their own backyard first. Adding a dark ride or two to AK is essential. The Western River Expedition should really go somewhere.

But if they were to add a 5th park it would be hard to imagine them using thrill rides as a tool. Disney doesn't rely on that too much and doesn't really need to either. We have Six Flags and Cedar Point for stuff like that which is fine and is a nice experience in itself but Disney relies on theming more than anything and it's what we love the most about them.

I guess if anything I have heard a park dedicated to the outcasts wouldn't hurt. Old rides like 20K or Mr. Toad could fit in with Pinnocchio, Bambi, Sleeping Beauty, Mary Poppins and another movie that I've always felt would have made a wonderful dark ride - Lion King. I know I would check that park out.

mrg1106

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Never heard about the rumoured 5th gate, considering they could add more to Animal Kingdom, DHS and even Magic Kingdom. But the first two specifically.

That being said I also have discussed this before. I would have no problem with there being a 5th gate but they could fix their own backyard first. Adding a dark ride or two to AK is essential. The Western River Expedition should really go somewhere.

But if they were to add a 5th park it would be hard to imagine them using thrill rides as a tool. Disney doesn't rely on that too much and doesn't really need to either. We have Six Flags and Cedar Point for stuff like that which is fine and is a nice experience in itself but Disney relies on theming more than anything and it's what we love the most about them.

I guess if anything I have heard a park dedicated to the outcasts wouldn't hurt. Old rides like 20K or Mr. Toad could fit in with Pinnocchio, Bambi, Sleeping Beauty, Mary Poppins and another movie that I've always felt would have made a wonderful dark ride - Lion King. I know I would check that park out.

I like what Disney does as well bc they dont necessarily need thrill rides. I had heard a rumor about there being a theme park dedicated to Disney Villians that consisted of a lot of thrill rides. I thought that sounded like a pretty cool idea; WDW doesnt need to go all Hersheypark on us but I dont think a couple more thrill rides would hurt. I bet WDW has something up their sleeve concerning a 5th park though considering they truly never stop imagineering.

invader

Although I'd rather see them update other things first, I wouldn't mind a fifth gate. I wouldn't mind seeing them do a Marvel / outcast theme park.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I like what Disney does as well bc they dont necessarily need thrill rides. I had heard a rumor about there being a theme park dedicated to Disney Villians that consisted of a lot of thrill rides. I thought that sounded like a pretty cool idea; WDW doesnt need to go all Hersheypark on us but I dont think a couple more thrill rides would hurt. I bet WDW has something up their sleeve concerning a 5th park though considering they truly never stop imagineering.

I believe any discussion you hear or read right now about a 5th gate is of the "blue sky" variation. With everything Disney has on it's plate right now, at 5th gate at WDW just isn't in the plans.....

WDWisAMAZING

I agree with using the outcasts as an idea for a park! Maybe that theme park could be the place to bring back some of the retired or rare characters...:sohappy:

MerlinTheGoat

A great ride doesn't necessarily need a thrill factor to be fun for all ages (like Pirates or Haunted Mansion). I wouldn't like an all-thrills-and-nothing-else type of park. Balance is what you need to appeal to all ages. This is where i feel Animal Kingdom has somewhat failed (though i like it), and Epcot's Future World went overboard with (putting too many thrill rides in and replacing the old non-thrill rides with inferior versions). It's important to have a park that doesn't alienate certain types of guests and become very polarizing.

Before any more expansions or additional parks were added, i'd honestly rather they fix or improve what's wrong with what they already have. That's the glaring problem with the parks now. If they can't keep up the quality of the current attractions, they need to focus on those instead of just dropping new stuff everywhere they go (only then to be neglected down the road as well, just like Everest was).

MarkTwain

A park that combines all of the smaller theme park concepts in Orlando: crocodile wrestling, Chinese architectural miniatures, and recreations of ancient Israel. And shopping... lots and lots of shopping. Smells like a winner!

Cmdr_Crimson

I for one would like to see Port Disney. Which would be like Disney Sea/Disney America Cross breed park incorporating the majority of attractions and new ones to the park and bring BraviSEAmo as the nightime show.

PRNCSAurora

I love the idea of a villian themed park, but I would much rather have them work on the developing AK and DHS more. To be honest, I think this will happen before a 5th gate.

jmani56

I for one would like to see Port Disney. Which would be like Disney Sea/Disney America Cross breed park incorporating the majority of attractions and new ones to the park and bring BraviSEAmo as the nightime show.

This is really the only idea I've ever heard on the 5th gate threads that has actually sounded good to me. A thrill ride park would only appeal to one type of audience, which goes against everything Disney does. A great park needs a balance of different attractions.

I've always thought a park based on history would be cool. Rides could take you through different eras or locations around the globe, such as ancient Egypt, Rome, etc.

Minnie1976

They don't need a 5th park until they can take care and refurbish what they already have. Epcot needs help and so does Hollywood.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom