What would you put in a "Disney Survival Kit"?

Either a belly bag or a bag that can be carried over the shoulder is a great thing to have in the parks. Fill up with sunscreen, a disposable camera and inclued a water bottle and all ready to go!!

ThinkTink721

Either a belly bag or a bag that can be carried over the shoulder is a great thing to have in the parks. Fill up with sunscreen, a disposable camera and inclued a water bottle and all ready to go!!
Oh, no, not the ugly pack - I heard they are really a fashion don't:lol:
No, really, I have a photo from my 1994 trip w/ one on.
I have to take a larger bag now since I have 3 kids.
:wave:

hcswingfield

I always carry some home made trail mix with me - mixed nuts and raisins. I take a big bag of it from home, and smaller ziplocks for the daily allotment. It makes a great low cost healthy energy boost between meals.

And I second the moleskin. I couldn't survive WDW without it!

OneLuckyMom

My WalMart has some Disney-themed No-Ad bottles of sunscreen. They had Pirates of the Carribean and Ariel, maybe others. One would be cute in a gift basket or bucket.

I'd also add Insect Repellant wipes to the list. Those buggers come in handy, esp. at Illuminations!

You can also get Disney-themed flip flops, good for the pool (there are some for just $3.99 at DisneyShopping right now). Of course, this requires a guess at a shoe size, which could be tricky....

And how about a Disney DVD like Peter Pan, to get her in the mood before she goes?

I wouldn't bother with a disposable camera. She most likely has a camera of her own already, and a disposable one would just be an extra item of limited use to pack. Instead, how about a gift certificate to a photo developing website for getting her pictures printed afterwards?

I also wouldn't get a pack, or backpack, or any other bag. People tend to be very picky about that sort of thing.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
I always carry some home made trail mix with me - mixed nuts and raisins. I take a big bag of it from home, and smaller ziplocks for the daily allotment. It makes a great low cost healthy energy boost between meals.
good idea... this counter acts having to take a second mortgage out to afford snacks.

:D

happymom52003

Original Poster
Thanks for all of the great ideas! I've compiled a great list of stuff. This is going to be alot of fun to put together. I bought an empty gallon paint can at a hardware store today and am about to go dig into all of my scrapbook and stamping supplies to get it decorated, and tonight I am going on a shopping spree with my list in hand! Of course now I am going to want to make one anytime somebody I know plans a Disney trip! I'll try to remember to post a pic of it when I finish it.

WDWPrnces02

Referring to my CP days...

I would have a small backpack filled with the fallowing....

1 Water Bottle (filled with water...(can refill at the fountains))
mini muchies (crackers, gummy bears, nutura grain bar)
cell phone
lanyard (id, castmember id card)
$20.00 (special treat(margarita, churro, ect..))

When I was feeling a bit homesick i brought my stuffed dog in my bag too....

Nicole220

Johnny Depp :cool: .........

:lookaroun

Ok, in all reality:
~money
~sunscreen, you don't want the sunburn on my face that I have now :( :brick: :dazzle:
~advil
~a water bottle
~ pack and crocs = big fashion no no's! :hammer:
~a camera!!

dukehoopsfan

Thanks for all of the great ideas! I've compiled a great list of stuff. This is going to be alot of fun to put together. I bought an empty gallon paint can at a hardware store today and am about to go dig into all of my scrapbook and stamping supplies to get it decorated, and tonight I am going on a shopping spree with my list in hand! Of course now I am going to want to make one anytime somebody I know plans a Disney trip! I'll try to remember to post a pic of it when I finish it.

A picture would be great - I have a friend who is going in a couple of weeks - and the kids have no idea they are going - so this would be a great idea to give to my friend before she leaves!

fizzle75

Besides the obvious?

• Portable fan that runs on batteries - they sell them all over the World.
  • Nail file - I and my wife have broken nails more times than I can count at Disney, and having them snag on clothing is beyond annoying.
  • Tic-Tacs or Certs - I hate having bad breath after eating something garlicy or spicey - and I absolutely refuse to chew gum at the park on the off chance that it might end up on the ground and get on someones shoe (my own little way of keeping the Kingdom beautiful!)
  • Visine or saline drops for hot dry days, or cold windy days.
Ok, I've gotta ask...what exactly are you doing at WDW to break so many nails?!?! Do you guys scale everest every time you go? :lookaroun

Oh, no, not the ugly pack - I heard they are really a fashion don't:lol:
No, really, I have a photo from my 1994 trip w/ one on.
I have to take a larger bag now since I have 3 kids.
:wave:
Oops! I didn't get that memo. Luckily my GINORMOUS belly covers mine up!
By the way, are pocket protectors and leg warmers still a no no? Just wonderin'.:lookaroun

Here are the items I would include in my survival kit...

Advil
Excedrin
Immodium
Nexium
Rolaids or Tums
Dramamine
Ambien
cpap macine
Shirts
Pants
underwear
socks
shoes/crocs/sandals
deodorant
cologne
arm brace(carpal tunnel)
body wash and loofa
toothpaste and toothbrush
camera and extra batteries and memory cards
sunblock(spf 200 for me)

These are just a few of my suggestions, I would give you more but I'm thinkin' you're already gonna have trouble fitting all of the things I listed into a paint can. Maybe you should consider giving her a 5 gallon bucket instead, be sure to clean all of the sheetrock mud out of it first though. I hope this helps!:wave:

dixiepixie

• Travel size Hand Sanitizer
  • Travel size roll of toilet paper
  • Travel size toilet seat covers ("just incase"), (these are as important for the trip down as they are for using at the parks)
  • Baby Wipes (all of the above can be found at Target)
  • Refillable Water Bottle
  • small velcro wallet (to keep park tickets, fast passes, mad money, etc.), (found Disney themed at Dollar Store)
  • small note pad and "fat" pen (for autographs)
  • a "pocket size" guide book to WDW
  • rain ponchos
  • a cute Disney T-Shirt
  • Disney Dollars
  • Travel size First Aid kit or Bandaids
  • Travel size "Shout" Wipes (again these can be found at Target)
  • Travel size Kleenex packs (found Disney themed at Wal-Mart)
  • small hand held fan
  • Black Sharpie (fat size), (for autographs on personal items, t-shirts, hats, item can not be on you when autographed)
  • cute Disney ball cap

cphorrocks

:eek: CROCS!:cool: :D and CASH!

Crocs should never be worn anywhere except in, like, a dorm or campground shower. Talk about a fashion don't! Do you really want to look like Mario Batali? Do you? Flip flops are a perfectly acceptable alternative and come in all kinds of great styles.

The same goes for packs and those backpacks that have a belt that goes around your stomach, too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom