What would you like to see?

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Original Poster
Okay. So let’s delve into food a bit. Love the parks, love the Disney mindset...but there are times, I just want to eat.
In your opinion...what is Disney missing?
Here are my thoughts (INPO):

BBQ TS Restaurant in EPCOT. Not talking burnt ends or pulled pig slider…..I’m looking at Ribs, Chicken, Brisket, Pork, Corn on the Cob, Mashed Potato, Cornbread type fare.

A good Greek place. Yeah we got Morocco (but it's Mediterranean influenced). A good Taverna somewhere like Boardwalk or DS, maybe at one of the resorts - yeah I’m there.

A signature New Orleans creole/seafood type of place. Sorry Boatwrights isn’t it. Gumbo, Jambalaya, Rockefeller, Acme type oysters (cold or grilled), Redfish, Crawfish, Po-Boys and more.

A New England seafood restaurant. I’ve eaten at Coral Reef. Don’t think I’ll go back anytime soon. Give me a boil...lobster, clams, shrimp, potatoes…..could go for King Crab….Easily done at Boardwalk, possibly EPCOT, or MK (Liberty Square). Restaurant chain seafood (Paddlefish) isn’t it.

A sit down German/Swiss/Austrian joint. One word….Rosti. Okay two….Veal. Forget the numbering...Sausages, Spaetzle, Fondue, Potato Salad. (Not a Biergarten buffet..cooked to order stuff)

Geno’s/Pat’s style QS - Man, a good Philly Cheesesteak. (Not the N.O. type at POR, or the spicy Mexican take at CSR)....give me Amoroso, thinly sliced rib-eye, and wiz.

A Good Deli...think Schwartz’s Montreal...why this isn’t in EPCOT...I’ll never know...smoked meat.

A good Tapas place….(Jaleo is coming so I’ll reserve judgment - but - If you give me Fermin and not Cinco Jotas or Joselito’s…..it won’t be worth it)

Last edited:

WDWMPrincess

Okay. So let’s delve into food a bit. Love the parks, love the Disney mindset...but there are times, I just want to eat.
In your opinion...what is Disney missing?
Here are my thoughts (INPO):

BBQ TS Restaurant in EPCOT. Not talking burnt ends or pulled pig slider…..I’m looking at Ribs, Chicken, Brisket, Pork, Corn on the Cob, Mashed Potato, Cornbread type fare.

A good Greek place. Yeah we got Morocco (but it's Mediterranean influenced). A good Taverna somewhere like Boardwalk or DS, maybe at one of the resorts - yeah I’m there.

A signature New Orleans creole/seafood type of place. Sorry Boatwrights isn’t it. Gumbo, Jambalaya, Rockefeller, Acme type oysters (cold or grilled), Redfish, Crawfish, Po-Boys and more.

A New England seafood restaurant. I’ve eaten at Coral Reef. Don’t think I’ll go back anytime soon. Give me a boil...lobster, clams, shrimp, potatoes…..could go for King Crab….Easily done at Boardwalk, possibly EPCOT, or MK (Liberty Square). Restaurant chain seafood (Paddlefish) isn’t it.

A sit down German/Swiss/Austrian joint. One word….Rosti. Okay two….Veal. Forget the numbering...Sausages, Spaetzle, Fondue, Potato Salad. (Not a Biergarten buffet..cooked to order stuff)

Geno’s/Pat’s style QS - Man, a good Philly Cheesesteak. (Not the N.O. type at POR, or the spicy Mexican take at CSR)....give me Amoroso, thinly sliced rib-eye, and wiz.

A Good Deli...think Schwartz’s Montreal...why this isn’t in EPCOT...I’ll never know...smoked meat.

A good Tapas place….(Jaleo is coming so I’ll reserve judgment - but - If you give me Fermin and not Cinco Jotas or Joselito’s…..it won’t be worth it)

If you're asking my personal I wish Disney offered this in their parks I'd like to see more vegetables, fish, and seafood particularly in the food cart and counter service areas. To be fair I do think Disney is doing a pretty fair job on this already, but I wouldn't mind seeing perhaps some more availability with things like roasted mixed vegetable skewers, creole shrimp po'boys, or even a New England style seafood boil served in a cardboard boat. But maybe I'm the odd one for not wanting any fried food while out in the heat?

belledream

I’d love to see a Chinese Hot Pot type restaurant. Yeah it’s Florida and it’s hot outside, but I’d imagine most people haven’t experienced this type of meal before, and the novelty of picking, choosing, and boiling your own meats, veggies, and noodles, and choosing from a selection of different sauces would be a fun and tasty meal!

NiarrNDisney

MK - I feel Asian food needs to be represented more in the park (Skippers Canteen has some Asiany items) and in a CS capacity maybe do a full Pan Asian Menu at Tomorrowland Terrace.
Friar Nooks should have a larger menu and maybe gear it to German food etc that goes with the Bavarian look of the building something like Sommerfest 2.0.
Tortuga Tavern really doesn't have a food identity and now that Pecos Bills has a Mexican food menu and Diamond Horseshoe has become the barbecue option in the park I think Tortuga should be a Caribbean CS restaurant that serves food like Cuban Sandwiches, Jerk Chicken, Shrimp Poboys and other specialties found around the island nations coastal regions.

Epcot - I have said it many times and I will say it again! Future World would be well served by having a modern Molecular Gastronomy based TS restaurant perhaps in the Odyssey building or in the Imagination Pavilion.

DHS - Oh what a sad park for food! The options around are plentiful though lack luster. Since Californians love there Mexican/ Spanish fare I think a TS restaurant would be great over in Echo Lake.
Back when the Streets of America were still in the back of the park I always thought putting a CS Asian restaurant would have been a good fit for San Francisco Street however the SoA are gone so maybe one of the existing CS options could be given a retheme and new menu.

DAK - Since the animal world consists of Carnivores, Herbivores and of course Omnivores and since Carnivores already have a restaurant geared to them (Flametree BBQ) I think a completely vegetarian/Vegan restaurant would be a great addition to either Asia or Discovery Island.

Last edited:

NiarrNDisney

1) A signature New Orleans creole/seafood type of place. Sorry Boatwrights isn’t it. Gumbo, Jambalaya, Rockefeller, Acme type oysters (cold or grilled), Redfish, Crawfish, Po-Boys and more.

2) A New England seafood restaurant. I’ve eaten at Coral Reef. Don’t think I’ll go back anytime soon. Give me a boil...lobster, clams, shrimp, potatoes…..could go for King Crab….Easily done at Boardwalk, possibly EPCOT, or MK (Liberty Square). Restaurant chain seafood (Paddlefish) isn’t it.

3) A Good Deli...think Schwartz’s Montreal...why this isn’t in EPCOT...I’ll never know...smoked meat.

1) I wish the Mouse would reopen Bonfamille's at POFQ and turn it into a truly Cajun/Creole TS restaurant.

2) Cape May Cafe kinda serves as this style of restaurant with their seafood buffet menu.

3) There are so many great Jewish Delis in Florida that I am surprised there isnt one somewhere on property. Crescent Lake springs to mind as a great location for this, perhaps in the Atlantic Dance Hall since its large enough that it could fit a restaurant as well as a smaller club.

zurgandfriend

I would love to see a signature Brazilian Restaurant with the gauchos delivering the meat to your table.

I agree with a real deli either a NY style or a Montreal smoked meats style.

Smiley/OCD

Since we're from NJ, I'm biased, so here goes... since the Boardwalk resort is based on turn of the century Atlantic City, NJ, there should be a "Jersey" themed restaurant there...pork roll (Taylor Ham), egg and cheese on authentic NJ bagels, NJ pizza, Italian hot dog & sausage sandwiches on pizza bread with fried peppers & onions, and as others have said, a REAL Jewish deli...corned beef & pastrami on NJ rye and the phenomenal barrel style dill pickles, Sabrett "dirty water" hot dogs with sauerkraut and BBQ onions, boardwalk style cheese steaks with good old Cheez-whiz and don't forget salt water taffy and REAL Italian Ices in the white paper cups...hungry yet?

slappy magoo

A 24 hour diner that is a stealth "character meal" in that characters show up, ostensibly on their way to or from "work." Fully costumed characters get their meals to go since you cant see them eat, princesses and identifiable faces eat there, interact with anyone who approaches them. Because who wouldn't want to see a Disney princess chewing down a bagel and lox at 3:15 in the morning?

Phonedave

I don't think it will ever happen - because of demographics, logistics, and the DDP, but I would like to see something different.

So much of what is available is middle of the road, please the masses, type food. I understand why they have to do this. They need to please thousands of people, they needs to buy in bulk, and DDP limits food costs.

However, something like EPCOT screams for variety, and food you would not be able to get anywhere else.

Somebody mentioned Chinese Hot Pot - that's a good idea. Get rid of Nine Dragons. Over in Asia in MK put in a Korean BBQ place. I would welcome a real Indian restaurant, even though that is not exactly my cup of tea (I have eaten at a lot of Indian restaurants, and have had plenty of home-cooked Indian food, for some reason not my favorite cuisine).

Maybe have a Traditional Chinese Banquet somewhere.

Open something in the Africa Outpost. The serve bobotie during F&W. I have to think that is not too "out there" for the bulk of the park guests. You can't go wrong with poulet yassa. Throw some peri peri on the menu too - maybe even some goat, who knows? I would eat it.

I think they should have a durian stand somewhere (OK, maybe that is a bit much)

-dave

Plutomickey24

[QUOTE="scorp16, post: 8302511,]BBQ TS Restaurant in EPCOT. Not talking burnt ends or pulled pig slider…..I’m looking at Ribs, Chicken, Brisket, Pork, Corn on the Cob, Mashed Potato, Cornbread type fare.[/QUOTE]
Isn't this what they have at Mickeys Back yard BBQ? I haven't been there yet. I think this is a great idea for the America Pavillon

SteveBrickNJ

Since we're from NJ, I'm biased, so here goes... since the Boardwalk resort is based on turn of the century Atlantic City, NJ, there should be a "Jersey" themed restaurant there...pork roll (Taylor Ham), egg and cheese on authentic NJ bagels, NJ pizza, Italian hot dog & sausage sandwiches on pizza bread with fried peppers & onions, and as others have said, a REAL Jewish deli...corned beef & pastrami on NJ rye and the phenomenal barrel style dill pickles, Sabrett "dirty water" hot dogs with sauerkraut and BBQ onions, boardwalk style cheese steaks with good old Cheez-whiz and don't forget salt water taffy and REAL Italian Ices in the white paper cups...hungry yet?
That sounds great! :cool: Oh wait. I live here. :rolleyes:o_OJust shut off the internet and drive to a Jersey eatery :p;)
I wish MK had more table service options for those of us who do not have little ones anymore. Crystal Palace and Cinderella's Castle were great when my kid was little.......and of course they are still great for other families to enjoy.
But, now my daughter is approaching her 17th B-Day and we are going to have our November MK sit down at Tony's Town Square Restaurant. I have the reservation time I like and nothing anyone says will make me attempt to change it.......but months ago when I DID have a thread to explore my options many people said negative things. More options would be nice :)

Last edited:

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Original Poster
[QUOTE="scorp16, post: 8302511,]BBQ TS Restaurant in EPCOT. Not talking burnt ends or pulled pig slider…..I’m looking at Ribs, Chicken, Brisket, Pork, Corn on the Cob, Mashed Potato, Cornbread type fare.
Isn't this what they have at Mickeys Back yard BBQ? I haven't been there yet. I think this is a great idea for the America Pavillon

I think it's closer to Mickey's Back Yard Cook-Out than it is BBQ. They do have ribs, chicken, hamburgers, hot dogs all served in a buffet. I'm thinking more along the lines of a Hard Eights, Pecan Lodge, Franklins (which could be counter served with a big seating area) or a sit down place like a Sonny's, Shorty's, Smoke etc.

Smiley/OCD

That sounds great! :cool: Oh wait. I live here. :rolleyes:o_OJust shut off the internet and drive to a Jersey eatery :p;)
I wish MK had more table service options for those of us who do not have little ones anymore. Crystal Palace and Cinderella's Castle were great when my kid was little.......and of course they are still great for other family's to enjoy.
But, now my daughter is approaching her 17th B-Day and we are going to have our November MK sit down at Tony's Town Square Restaurant. I have the reservation time I like and nothing anyone says will make me attempt to change it.......but months ago when I DID have a thread to explore my options many people said negative things. More options would be nice :)

Could you imagine the lines at an eatery like that??? Most people in the US think Dominos, Pizza Hut & Pappa Johns is real pizza...Imagine if they had a REAL slice of Seaside boardwalk pizza?

SteveBrickNJ

Could you imagine the lines at an eatery like that??? Most people in the US think Dominos, Pizza Hut & Pappa Johns is real pizza...Imagine if they had a REAL slice of Seaside boardwalk pizza?
My brother landed a job in Ohio. He says the pizza in Ohio does not even deserve to be called pizza. Twice a year he drives really far to come see me in Brick NJ....but really he's comin' for the pizza:hungry: He brings a special mega sized cooler thingee....when it is time to return to Ohio he orders 6 to 8 pies here and brings them back to Ohio. Once at home he freezes most and refrigerates one to eat right away. Anyway, he makes it last as long as he can. ;)

Last edited:

Smiley/OCD

My brother landed a job in Ohio. He says the pizza in Ohio does not even deserve to be called pizza. Twice a year he drives really far to come see me in Brick NJ....but really he's comin' for the pizza:hungry: He brings a special mega sized cooler thingee....when it is time to return to Ohio he orders 6 to 8 pies here and brings them back to Ohio. freezes most and refrigerates one. Anyway, he makes it last as long as he can. ;)
I bet you half is gone before he walks in his front door...LOL By the way, I'm in the next town over!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom