What would you like to see next on Soarin' ?

WDWiz318

Original Poster
I know I've read somewhere that Soarin' may be getting a new video to go along with the ride. I live near Philadelphia & the 1st time I experienced something like Soarin' was years ago on a class trip at the Franklin Institute, it was (of course) a video of Philly & the surrounding area. So, what would you like to see as the next video?

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing Florida with a finish at WDW. I know, an east coast version of the current California video.

nepalostparks

I know I've read somewhere that Soarin' may be getting a new video to go along with the ride. I live near Philadelphia & the 1st time I experienced something like Soarin' was years ago on a class trip at the Franklin Institute, it was (of course) a video of Philly & the surrounding area. So, what would you like to see as the next video?

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing Florida with a finish at WDW. I know, an east coast version of the current California video.

I remember seeing that as well. The beginning of the film rises out of the city street and above the buildings, I remember thinking the seats were moving because of the effect it had!

If they do a new film, I too would love to see it highlight Florida landmarks and scenes, and end in the Magic Kingdom. And be all digital for a clearer, crisper look. :)

I_heart_Tigger

If they were sticking with the US I'd love to see Alaska...icebergs, whales. The Grand Canyon and the Vegas strip would be cool and maybe over a volcano in Hawaii.

If they were thinking worldwide, you could segway to Disney parks along the way but the Great Wall of China would be cool, Macchu Pichu in Peru would be amazing, over the Greek Isles...something traditional like Santorini, and over the Pyramids of Giza.

fractal

I think a more global film would be great - and I've read that is the direction they would likely go.

I just hope it's not too much "landmarks" - I think the beauty of Soarin is the amazing interaction with natural vs. man-made wonders.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
I'd like to see it start at WDW in the daytime, and go around the world, hitting each of the major sights from East to West (or West to East). After making a full rotation, we'd wind up back at WDW, but at night.
All the new scenes would be re-scored, but the classic Goldsmith score would be prevalent for at least the opening and the end.

eddiemcgarrigle

How about something that shows all of the United States or maybe show landscapes of different countries.

A flight through the Highlands of Scotland, blowing the smell of heather towards you, showing herds of deer running below and overflying long ruined castles, crofts and villages which have been left deserted since the Highland Clearances (which links it to the USA and Canada).

rkelly42

I would like to see a National Parks version. Grand Canyon, Yosemite, Yellowstone, Volcanoes N.P. in Hawaii, there are so many great ones to see.

Krack2

Here's something I'd like to know from someone closer to Disney/Imagineering ...

What is it that makes creating a film for this attraction so expensive? It's not like you're filming a Star Tours attraction with tons of special effects; it's some nice fly overs. Seriously, what gives? It seems to me this is the type of ride where Disney should be touting a new update every other year - Soarin Europe, Soarin National Parks, Soarin over Disney, Soarin Skyscapers, etc. I would also think you could easily set things up so a random film is shown each time to add a reason to re-ride.

What gives? Is there something about the film process that makes it uber-costly? Or is it just Disney being lazy because it's a popular attraction and they can afford to be?

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Here's something I'd like to know from someone closer to Disney/Imagineering ...

What is it that makes creating a film for this attraction so expensive? It's not like you're filming a Star Tours attraction with tons of special effects; it's some nice fly overs. Seriously, what gives? It seems to me this is the type of ride where Disney should be touting a new update every other year - Soarin Europe, Soarin National Parks, Soarin over Disney, Soarin Skyscapers, etc. I would also think you could easily set things up so a random film is shown each time to add a reason to re-ride.

What gives? Is there something about the film process that makes it uber-costly? Or is it just Disney being lazy because it's a popular attraction and they can afford to be?

I agree, but to be fair Soarin' over California did have a lot of "special" shots which weren't as simple as just using a helicopter and filming...they got permission to have the thunderbirds fly over the desert, go over the aircraft carrier, etc.

That said, I still don't think it's that difficult to set up new films, they just have to get the motion correct when they put it in the ride.

raven

People talk about wanting them to change the film all the time. And, as proven many times over, if they ever do change it, there will be numberous threads boycotting it and when it opens people will bash it. People can say what they want but historically it always happens on here.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
People talk about wanting them to change the film all the time. And, as proven many times over, if they ever do change it, there will be numberous threads boycotting it and when it opens people will bash it. People can say what they want but historically it always happens on here.

Unless somehow the new film(s) were incredibly boring and they changed the excellent music, I don't think that would happen.

valleyfan

I would like to see it soar over the Daytona Speedway at night during the 4th of july race.:shrug:

Maybe over my house in Adams, MA:hammer:

Matt and Kelly

How about something that shows all of the United States or maybe show landscapes of different countries.

I like this idea. Great tie-in to Epcot. I love Soarin' as it is but it would be nice to see a bit of a different video. It would be pretty cool to have the State of Florida featured as was mentioned by a previous poster.

Maybe they could feature all the Disney Parks around the world. As I have only visited Disney in the US, I'm not sure that the other parks overseas are that different that they could be displayed in this manner but food for thought nonetheless.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom