What would you do with Ellen?

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
Okay, I love this ride/movie/whatever thing at EPCOT. Ellen's Energy Adventure is one of my favorites, but I'll have to admit. It's getting outdated. Especially when you're just looking at Ellen's old hair style. xD The dinosaurs barely move and a good bit of affects in the dinosaur scene aren't working. Also the movies itself look a little old. I mean, I don't see anyone but my grandparents watch Jeapordy. Bill Nye the Science Guy is barely mentioned in EPCOT anymore as it is. Ellen could still be a hit tho. But I'd even rather prefer some kind of Ellen attraction replace Sounds Dangerous for all I care. I think Universe of Energy could really live up to it's standards, changed to possibly a weather pavilion. The ride vehicles could move through scenes with rooms with effects that portray different weather conditions. Idk, I was just wondering what ya'll would do with this huge building.

Please don't even mention something like "Why worry about this when you've got an abandoned pavilion next door!?" It's just something to talk about. :)

-WondersOfLife

The last original pavilion. :king:

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
The attraction needs SOMETHING, but I do like the unique ride structure. I'm pretty sure it's the only one of its kind.

Crockett

Banned
I would:

-KEEP the dino scene as-is. Sure, the AA's may need some touch-up rehab work, but still keep it the way it has always been.

-Keep Ellen. Bill Nye is dated. Good fellow, but kids today don't know who he is.

-Change the ending movie to some sort of 3D / 4D presentation. (Possibly a tie-in with the upcoming Pixar Dinosaur film in a few years) ?

DABIGCHEEZ

To answer your title question... I would stuff a sock in her mouth since she can be really annoying at times. :zipit:

Anyway... my son and I do enjoy this attraction but agree it is a little outdated. I little update to more current celebs(other than the sometimes annoying Ellen), along with some AA dinos improvements should do the trick.

SMS55

Like others have said, leave the dino part alone. I remember as a kid I used to know the ride as the "dinosaur ride" my dad still calls it that to this day, but it does need a little something to spice it up a bit.

pmaljr

Ellen must go she is hideous
I was just at Epcot and I avoided the ride just because of Ellen

Please No offense intended if you really like this ride but I agree, I have avoided it as well and it kills me as it was always one of my favs. The dino part was always my favorite part of the ride any way. The ride is good enough on its own, and it doesn't need a gimmick. It sure doesn't need a celeb for it to be good, it just needs a better movie at the beginning and get rid of all the "try to be hip" stuff. Heck, if there has to be a celeb, hire Jim Cantore do the video (from the weather channel). At least he's got cred and can be entertaining ...

Saoirse1916

I actually like Ellen most of the time but IMO she and Bill Nye ruin this ride. It used to be one of my favorites 20 years ago but it was easily the most irritating part of my trip last year -- check that: 2nd most irritating after Stitch.

I'd love to see them go back to the simpler version of the ride, just talking about various forms of energy with nice informative dialog.

njdan

Our family just did Universe of Energy for first time last trip(ok we skipped it for a long time). We all liked it - parents better than kids, but I dont think we could see it every trip.
But it still was good I think we will see it again but not next trip.And all rides can use some updating after they have been there for a while.
We think Haunted mansion and star tours and Winnie the Pooh refurbs have been big pluses

scoobygirl39541

I know I'm in the minority here, but I LOVE both Ellen and Bill Nye. Without them, the ride would be incredibly boring as is. I grew up watching Bill Nye so seeing him at Disney brings back a ton of memories. And I watch Ellen's show everyday and love her. That being said, I do agree it needs an upgrade. My ideal upgrade would be a new show, but still featuring Ellen and Bill (no way that would ever happen, I know). So, since there is 0 chance of that happening, would love to see some updated dinos and effects to back up the current video. Anyone else want to join me in the minority? haha

GeoDonJac34

I have no problem with Ellen being part of the ride. I think she is hilarious. A little updating would be okay with me. Noticed the phone last week, definitely stands out.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
At first I thought this was some kind of kinky questionnaire. :lookaroun

Anyway...I like Ellen in the attraction...it could use some updating though.

Cosmic Commando

I would:

-KEEP the dino scene as-is. Sure, the AA's may need some touch-up rehab work, but still keep it the way it has always been.

-Keep Ellen. Bill Nye is dated. Good fellow, but kids today don't know who he is.

-Change the ending movie to some sort of 3D / 4D presentation. (Possibly a tie-in with the upcoming Pixar Dinosaur film in a few years) ?
What does it matter if kids don't know who Bill Nye is? All that you need to know about him is contained in his name: he's Bill Nye and he's a science guy. To the kids, he could just be another theme park original character for all they know.

I love the attraction the way it is with Bill Nye and Ellen, but if it were to be redone, I think you have to think of some way to break up the "ride time". I put that in quotes because I'm not entirely sure you could do this and keep the ride system intact, but supposedly it's a huge building that you could do so much with. I really like the multiple attraction pavilions like the Land, the Seas and Wonders of Life (RIP), so I would probably head in that direction. A 9 minute preshow for a 37 minute ride is just too long and I think it scares people away. My son decided he had to ______ 15 minutes into the ride portion and we still had to sweat out 20 nervous minutes with no way to exit. The way the CMs have to warn people, it almost sounds like they DON'T want you to ride: "The ride is 37 minutes long with no exit. If you cannot stay seated for 37 minutes, please leave now. If you try to get out of the vehicle during the ride, we will have to evacuate the whole building and reset the ride system."

So... find some way to neuter the ride portion in order to make space for a multiple attraction pavilion.

powlessfamily4

I don't see anyone but my grandparents watch Jeapordy. -WondersOfLife

The last original pavilion. :king:

I LOVE Jeopardy! I even play it on Facebook.. you might want to try it... you may just learn something. :brick: :ROFLOL:

As for Ellen she is GREAT but I would love to see them trade Bill Nye for the Adam Savage and Jamie Hyneman from Myth Busters... here is my scenerio:

Ellen has ideas about ways to save energy and improve the environment... but like so many people... her ideas are based on environmental myths ... Adam and Jamie come in to test the theories and bust the myths. Once busted they show you what the real deal is.

As you can tell.... I LOVE Myth Busters. I am actually sending Disney a letter with this idea. :sohappy:

righttrack

A great and unique ride. I think it needs a new film. You can keep the same individuals, just update the story and a new, crisp HD quality film, and consider 3D.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom