What would you do with Ellen?

MaryJaneP

Two ideas, since Disney doesn't take any from this site anyway, no harm, no foul.

1. Convert it into Energy Mania and shoot at the disnosaurs.

2. Make new movie with synergy from more up-to-date Disney actors (Demi, Selena, Ch 22 hosts, etc).

MansionGoer13z

Tear it down build it up from scratch. Its been like 15 years since the last upgrade and is now in desperat need of an major overhaul. Both Nye and Ellen are both now irellevant.. And nobody wants to learn anymore anyway.

What's wrong with Mission: SPACE? Love that ride. :veryconfu

Well first off, Go Dawgs.

Secondly, I think that the ride doesn't really need many drastic refurbishments. It simply needs to be polished.

1. New Film- This is a given. I would really like to see the same celebrities in the ride though. Ellen is still relevant and I don't want to see Bill Nye replaced by a cartoon. I don't think that would really work with the history of the attraction.

2. Polish up AAs and Lighting- This is rather straight forward also. Reshape the figures and lighting, not the ride track. This system is a possible crowd grabber and it will do that if there is new incentive to see the show.

3. Don't remove too much of the classic feel - With a new ride put in. There is no reason to massively change the outdoor scenery and theming. It's a reminder of Classic EPCOT.

Cosmic Commando

Whenever they decide to do something with Ellen, I hope they find some way to use the dino AAs over at Dinoland. I think it's the greatest unappreciated imagineering fail that little kids love dinos so much and you can't see any "real" dinos without getting the pants scared off you in a place called Dinoland.

AEfx

Both Nye and Ellen are both now irellevant.. And nobody wants to learn anymore anyway.

This statement confounds me, every time I see someone make it.

You do realize that she daily has several million people watching her still very successful daytime talk show, right? The one that's won a few dozen Emmy's and is one of the only daytime talk shows besides Regis and Kelly that still gets A-list (and sometimes even A+ list) stars?

Her TVQ is phenomenal, it's just funny because if you would go by the posts that inexplicably show up about her on Disney sites, you'd think the opposite.

Communicore

Hah at Ellen being "irrelevant"....but the version of Ellen on the ride certainly is datedI'd rather see 80's dated than 90's dated!

Cosmic Commando

This statement confounds me, every time I see someone make it.

You do realize that she daily has several million people watching her still very successful daytime talk show, right? The one that's won a few dozen Emmy's and is one of the only daytime talk shows besides Regis and Kelly that still gets A-list (and sometimes even A+ list) stars?

Her TVQ is phenomenal, it's just funny because if you would go by the posts that inexplicably show up about her on Disney sites, you'd think the opposite.
Yes, saying something over and over does not make it true. Disney struck gold when Ellen became popular again! If she didn't have her talk show, then certainly you would have an argument: popular in 1996 and haven't been heard from in years. But that's not the case; millions of people watch her show five days a week. It's just a shame that she always does her live shows from Uni, but I assume it has to do with whoever makes her show.

pumpkin7

-Keep Ellen. Bill Nye is dated. Good fellow, but kids today don't know who he is.

what? bill nye dated? i'll have you know he appeared in an episode of Stargate Atlantis in 2008 before it was axed... lol !

yeah, it's a bit sad for him that on the internet movie data base, he's listed as 'Self, Ellen's Energy Adventure' 1996 ha. oh dear.

yes this ride needs some lovin', they need to refurb the dino bit, because that's awesome, but sort out the beginning, and end movie, and get rid of / refurb that poor ellen animatronic. it's seen such better days.

oh man, ellen was dory, of course. that's why she probably isn't going anywhere... incase they decide to do a nemo 2! they don't want to annoy her by scrapping her ride :ROFLOL:

AEfx

Yes, saying something over and over does not make it true. Disney struck gold when Ellen became popular again! If she didn't have her talk show, then certainly you would have an argument: popular in 1996 and haven't been heard from in years. But that's not the case; millions of people watch her show five days a week. It's just a shame that she always does her live shows from Uni, but I assume it has to do with whoever makes her show.

It's funny, like I said, because they sure come out of the woodwork in these threads like she's Meg Crofton or something (though the anti-anti-Croftons are becoming a bit like the defenders of the SW Prequels, LOL - they complain about the complaints more than the complainers ever complained). ;)

Funny thing is, every time I go on EEE, the crowd is y__________g it up in the pre-show area laughing hysterically, and although the ride is long and a bit subdued people seem to get off happy as well (even just for the A/C and cool place in the dark).

It's just one of those Disney Internet Fan things, I guess. ;)

Jeff456

I agree it is very dated, but I love it how it is even just for nostalgia purposes. I wouldn't change a thing and if they are going to update it I hope it would simply be a storyline change, the ride system is very unique and I like the dino AAs even if they are outdated when compared to those within Dinosaur.

CP_alum08

Tear it down build it up from scratch. Its been like 15 years since the last upgrade and is now in desperat need of an major overhaul. Both Nye and Ellen are both now irellevant.. And nobody wants to learn anymore anyway.

Hooray for America :hammer:

I'm really shocked by how many people hate this attraction. I don't necessarily love Ellen or Bill, but I think they work well together and I think it would be horrible if they scrapped it all together. It could stand for an update of the AA's and a probably a new HD video, but please, please, please no 3D. I just don't see the need for EVERYTHING to be in 3D just because it can be.

I didn't think I was the minority here, but I really like the older things at EPCOT. I think keeping the edu-tainment around is what is keeping EPCOT from becoming just rides.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
I believe this attraction could be brought back up so well with some new videos of Ellen.. Tho I'll be sad to admit that Bill Nye is definately not popular any more, and I've only seen him on a channel on the Disney cruise lines. A new Ellen version of this ride could make it a hit success again! A new storyling that could be funnier, perhaps weather?

-WondersOfLife

The last original pavilion. :king:

Cosmic Commando

It's funny, like I said, because they sure come out of the woodwork in these threads like she's Meg Crofton or something (though the anti-anti-Croftons are becoming a bit like the defenders of the SW Prequels, LOL - they complain about the complaints more than the complainers ever complained). ;)

Funny thing is, every time I go on EEE, the crowd is y__________g it up in the pre-show area laughing hysterically, and although the ride is long and a bit subdued people seem to get off happy as well (even just for the A/C and cool place in the dark).

It's just one of those Disney Internet Fan things, I guess. ;)

Sadly, the ride really is the weak part. The pre-show always gets a good reaction from the crowd when I go, too. My personal favorite is near the end when Ellen says, "Wait! Now this is where it gets really weird. Now some person I don't even know is going to tell me there's no eating, drinking or smoking, in my dream." And then the CM does the spiel while Ellen is making fun of them. Gets me every time.

Honestly, if they could take out one of the three giant ride vehicles, they could still comfortably fit every crowd I've ever ridden with and it would speed up the transitions between scenes-- it takes sooooooooooo long just to go from one room to another.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
Sadly, the ride really is the weak part. The pre-show always gets a good reaction from the crowd when I go, too. My personal favorite is near the end when Ellen says, "Wait! Now this is where it gets really weird. Now some person I don't even know is going to tell me there's no eating, drinking or smoking, in my dream." And then the CM does the spiel while Ellen is making fun of them. Gets me every time.

Honestly, if they could take out one of the three giant ride vehicles, they could still comfortably fit every crowd I've ever ridden with and it would speed up the transitions between scenes-- it takes sooooooooooo long just to go from one room to another.

Very well said!

-WondersOfLife

The last original pavilion. :king:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom