What would you change

Bparso87

Original Poster
If you can change r add anything to dining in Disney what would it be. I think I would change Tony's food quality I think it is a great concept for a resturant but the food quality is subpar.

DManRightHere

I automatically jumped to dining plan...point system so you don't have to use table service every day or quick service everyday. Ditch the desserts with table and quick service and just add extra snack credits. Allow refillable mugs to be used park wide.

These are the reasons I don't use/like the dining plan.

Oh, and I want to try one of the nice steak houses, but can't see spending $50 on a steak :(

Bparso87

Original Poster
I automatically jumped to dining plan...point system so you don't have to use table service every day or quick service everyday. Ditch the desserts with table and quick service and just add extra snack credits. Allow refillable mugs to be used park wide.

These are the reasons I don't use/like the dining plan.

Oh, and I want to try one of the nice steak houses, but can't see spending $50 on a steak :(
I like the refillable mug in the parks I would even pay more money to have that. If any thing with the dining plan i would never offer free dining it lowers the quality of food.

BigTxEars

I was not aware you could not use two TS on Monday for example and then two QS on Tuesday. You have the length of your trip to use the credits however you see fit. Did this change? Or am I not reading your post correctly?

Love the mug ideal :)

Tinkerfan4ever

I automatically jumped to dining plan...point system so you don't have to use table service every day or quick service everyday.

As far as I know... you don't have to use one table service or one quick service everyday. If you want to use up all of your quick service meals first and then eat a bunch of table service credits at the end of your trip, you can. We have done this in the past. Ate 2 quick service meals one day so that we could eat two table service meals later on in the trip.

Bparso87

Original Poster
As far as I know... you don't have to use one table service or one quick service everyday. If you want to use up all of your quick service meals first and then eat a bunch of table service credits at the end of your trip, you can. We have done this in the past. Ate 2 quick service meals one day so that we could eat two table service meals later on in the trip.
Yes u could use all your TS up in one day if you want to. That is why u can go to sig dining with just the regular dining plan

DManRightHere

I was not aware you could not use two TS on Monday for example and then two QS on Tuesday. You have the length of your trip to use the credits however you see fit. Did this change? Or am I not reading your post correctly?

Love the mug ideal :)

I wasn't clear enough.

I mean instead of choosing a quick service meal plan (2 qs per day) or table service (1 qs + 1 TS perday). You could have the option to choose how many quick service days and how many table service days per trip.

For example I would much rather eat only 2-4 table service meals per trip 8-9 day trip. I find it very time consuming to go to a table service reataurant and the gratuity kind of kills it for me. I'd just like to see more flexibility in that perspective.

BigTxEars

I wasn't clear enough.

I mean instead of choosing a quick service meal plan (2 qs per day) or table service (1 qs + 1 TS perday). You could have the option to choose how many quick service days and how many table service days per trip.

For example I would much rather eat only 2-4 table service meals per trip 8-9 day trip. I find it very time consuming to go to a table service reataurant and the gratuity kind of kills it for me. I'd just like to see more flexibility in that perspective.

OK I got it. Say 40 points for the week and a TS = 5 points, a QS = 2 points and use the points how you will up to a total of 40. That would be good too. :)

bethymouse

We use 1 table service a day, but arrival day. We save up 2 TS credits to eat at a signature restaurant or do a dinner show. I wish the signature restaurants weren't 2 TS credits, also room service/pizza delivery.;)

Bairstow

MGM desperately needs some more interesting quick service places.
I would convert Pizza Planet into a fast Chinese or Mediterranean place to better work with the New York street atmosphere (possibly with a muppets overlay) and re-build Pizza Planet full scale with a more show-accurate interior on Mickey Avenue.
ABC Commissary can stay but it needs to revert back to a variant of the 2005 menu- no more burgers there.

Captain Cook's at the Polynesian ought to offer a Hawaiian-style hot dog.
If not them, then Sunshine Tree Terrace.

DManRightHere

I would;

1) Kill the DDP
2) Kill the 180 day out reservations
3) Encourage diversity in the menus
4) Enforce dress codes
5) Encourage restaruants in EPCOT to add additional items that are not Americanized. Leave the current items for people who like it, but add some others for those who want them.

-dave

1) Kill the DDP
If it lowers overall cost, do it.
Dining plan seems to do two things to me.

A. Artificially inflate table service prices (higher tax, gratuity, and encourage people to buy the dining plan)
B. keeps more money in the park (much less likely for guests to go outside Disney for food).

2) Kill the 180 day out reservations

I'm OK with it, as long as their is reserved reservations for day of and walk up guests. I have no idea if they actually do this or not.

3) Encourage diversity in the menus

Agreed, but people have to buy it for it to stay.

4) Enforce dress codes
Disagree for park restaurants, hotel and DD, could be enforced. I don't think any should require suit and tie though.

5) Encourage restaruants in EPCOT to add additional items that are not Americanized. Leave the current items for people who like it, but add some others for those who want them.

I agree and refer to 3

-dave

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom