What would you change

LucyK

I'd change the DDP so instead of having to pick a dessert you'd have the choice to pick either an appetizer, a dessert or neither and save it for another snack credit. Flexibility is key in life and I think the DDP is seriously lacking in that department.

I'd also start serving fresh juice at all restaurants, table service and quick service alike. I really miss pineapple and mint or orange and strawberry juice when I'm at WDW.

DisneyDebNJ

On the dinning plan, I would add the ability to choose between having either an appetizer or a dessert. At the moment, the meal plan includes an entrée and a dessert but I'm often left disappointed that I couldn't try any of the appealing starters and sometimes none of the desserts take my fancy :(
100% agree. To begin with, I am not a big dessert person, but the appetizers are always a temptation. (Maybe a great marketing ploy to Disney?!?!?)

Jessica Meier

Totally agree on the appetizer/dessert and I would also include being allowed to share a meal. My hubby can eat a lot more than me. There are times when I just want a taste of stuff but not the whole meal. I still buy a whole meal plan but let me use my credits when and how I want to.

I also have an issue with the dining plan...a ten year old paying adult price. We did it last time because the kids were 3-6-8. This time I would have to pay full price for the older two. That is just crazy. It says you can order off the kids menu. Why would I lay $60 a day for each kid to order a kids meal? They like many adult things, but the sizes are too big. And at some places there is nothing they would eat. So we are not doing the dining plan because for a 10 and 13 year old $60 a day is silly.

belledream

100% agree. To begin with, I am not a big dessert person, but the appetizers are always a temptation. (Maybe a great marketing ploy to Disney?!?!?)
The option would be amazing but I bet on a whole, appetizers hold a greater value for Disney. They also usually have a wider array of sizes/prices. We can dream!

Dad 2 M & M

I automatically jumped to dining plan... Allow refillable mugs to be used park wide.
At $14.99 for 3 days, and $17.99 for length of stay...... So $5.00 a day for 3 days. That is two drinks a day to break even..... Of course if you had a length of stay for more than 4 days the price would progressively drop...

Just out of curiosity, what would you charge/pay for this "park-wide" mug?

Dad 2 M & M

I also have an issue with the dining plan...a ten year old paying adult price. We did it last time because the kids were 3-6-8. This time I would have to pay full price for the older two. That is just crazy. It says you can order off the kids menu. Why would I lay $60 a day for each kid to order a kids meal? They like many adult things, but the sizes are too big. And at some places there is nothing they would eat. So we are not doing the dining plan because for a 10 and 13 year old $60 a day is silly.
The only benefit I see to the dining plan (without regards to age), is prepaying for food....If you run the numbers AND maximize the"COST" of each meal, you will come out a little ahead. The problem is, we would never order and pay for what we end up ordering while on the plan. We might eat one desert a day oop.

If the psychological value of prepaying was important we would just spend the equivalent $$$ on prepaid VISA cards (not Disney Gift cards). That said, our last trip was the 1st in a decade that we were not on the DDP, and we did miss being able "to eat for free" because it was prepaid!!

DManRightHere

At $14.99 for 3 days, and $17.99 for length of stay...... So $5.00 a day for 3 days. That is two drinks a day to break even..... Of course if you had a length of stay for more than 4 days the price would progressively drop...

Just out of curiosity, what would you charge/pay for this "park-wide" mug?

Hmm..well, I really think $15 for three days and $18 for lengh of stay of still pretty reasonable. (For 3 days, 3 refills a day averages around $1.67 per drink plus you still get a cup). Hate on me if you like.

Going rate for refillable mugs at our local theme park (which are much larger cups) I believe were $12.99 for the mug, free refills for the day, and then $1.49 per refill for the reat of the year.

As of what would I charge for park wide refillable mugs? Less than $20, I'm not even opposed to "per refill charging" if the cup were much less and the cost stayed at $1.50 or less. This would also prevent sharing. With the radio cups I suppose that's not the way to go. Maybe they could even implement $.99 mug refills in parks?

Dad 2 M & M

Hmm..well, I really think $15 for three days and $18 for lengh of stay of still pretty reasonable. (For 3 days, 3 refills a day averages around $1.67 per drink plus you still get a cup). Hate on me if you like.

Going rate for refillable mugs at our local theme park (which are much larger cups) I believe were $12.99 for the mug, free refills for the day, and then $1.49 per refill for the reat of the year.

As of what would I charge for park wide refillable mugs? Less than $20, I'm not even opposed to "per refill charging" if the cup were much less and the cost stayed at $1.50 or less. This would also prevent sharing. With the radio cups I suppose that's not the way to go. Maybe they could even implement $.99 mug refills in parks?
Thanks for the thorough response...I know we are dreaming here (why not when pondering Disney related), but I like the idea of "per refill charging" in the parks, with no charge at the resort of stay....

copcarguyp71

Flexibility is key in life and I think the DDP is seriously lacking in that department.

The two reactions I think management has to this...
Gladiator_Thumb_Down_01.gif

tumblr_mdjtbmkjx61rp7g3w.gif

Mukta

It is interesting to see so many posters mention the lack of flexibility with the DDP. That is why I don't get the DDP anymore.

I would love to see more ethnic/diverse food in WDW. I think that if Americans tried the different foods, they would find that they like them. Catering to pickiness seems silly.

Bairstow

It is interesting to see so many posters mention the lack of flexibility with the DDP. That is why I don't get the DDP anymore.

I would love to see more ethnic/diverse food in WDW. I think that if Americans tried the different foods, they would find that they like them. Catering to pickiness seems silly.

When your core demographic is families with small children, it's a bit of a necessity, though.

To Disney's credit, they're arguably the world leaders when it comes to putting interesting cuisine in their theme parks.

Mukta

When your core demographic is families with small children, it's a bit of a necessity, though.

To Disney's credit, they're arguably the world leaders when it comes to putting interesting cuisine in their theme parks.
Why? I haven't been to a single other country on Earth that has kids' menus. Kids all over the world eat what their parents eat. Pizza, plain noodles and chicken nuggets really don't have much nutritional value.

LucyK

Why? I haven't been to a single other country on Earth that has kids' menus. Kids all over the world eat what their parents eat. Pizza, plain noodles and chicken nuggets really don't have much nutritional value.
This is a touchy subject but I agree completely. The only choices I had when growing up were eat or go hungry. I find it so strange people actually offer chicken nuggets to kids. It's not even real chicken meat.

Mukta

I travel quite a bit. These menus you have posted have smaller versions of the adult meals for the children. I am talking about a restaurant like Sanaa or Teppan Edo needing to serve mac and cheese or chicken nuggets because that is all some kids will eat.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom