What would you bring back to Disney?

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Magic Kingdom -​
Alien Encounter
Country Bear Christmas/Vacation Hoedown
Timekeeper
Epcot -​
Horizons
Cranium Command
Body Wars
Kitchen Kabaret
Food Rocks
Robot Race at Innoventions
World of Motion​

Hollywood Studios -​
Nothing
Animal Kingdom -​
Pocahontas and her Forest Friends​

David S.

Mickey's Toontown Fair

Seriously... I mean... Seriously????

Yes, seriously! You must have missed my signature or my passionate posts about why I love it and wished it wasn't closing in other threads.

I love the colorful, whimsical "squash and stretch" architecture; the charming character houses with their abundance of details, puns, and references to the classic Disney animated shorts; and the excellent music loop featuring great scores and songs from these great animated shorts.

Stepping into Toontown and walking through the houses made me feel like I was part of that colorful, whimsical, and fun cartoon fantasy world, so I like the whimsy, charm, and escapism found here much more than a land more grounded in reality, like say, Liberty Square or Main Street, USA.

All I can say is "To each their own" and "different strokes for different folks", but just because you may not personally care for something, I don't get the shock and astonishment at discovering someone else has a different opinion, like I'm an idiot for liking it or something. (I'm not saying you meant it that way, but others have definitely implied that in other threads on this and other forums)

Timon

Southern Seas Side Paddle Steam Ships - Moonlight Cruises

WDW%20Ports%20o%20Call%2001.jpg

WDW%20Moonlight%20Cruise%2001.jpg

MUTZIE77

I would say 20K since I never got to experience it. I never even realized the lagoon was there on my first trip in 2001. Just based on what I have gathered on various sites, I am angry that I never got to ride it.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Yes, seriously! You must have missed my signature or my passionate posts about why I love it and wished it wasn't closing in other threads.

I love the colorful, whimsical "squash and stretch" architecture; the charming character houses with their abundance of details, puns, and references to the classic Disney animated shorts; and the excellent music loop featuring great scores and songs from these great animated shorts.

Stepping into Toontown and walking through the houses made me feel like I was part of that colorful, whimsical, and fun cartoon fantasy world, so I like the whimsy, charm, and escapism found here much more than a land more grounded in reality, like say, Liberty Square or Main Street, USA.

All I can say is "To each their own" and "different strokes for different folks", but just because you may not personally care for something, I don't get the shock and astonishment at discovering someone else has a different opinion, like I'm an idiot for liking it or something. (I'm not saying you meant it that way, but others have definitely implied that in other threads on this and other forums)

...well, it did keep the toddlers and kids out of most of the park... :ROFLOL:

Honestly, you're probably going to see the tents again when Dumbo is moved, and Goofy's coaster is just being rethemed. The only thing that's going (and the only thing that was good) is basically the houses. Dumbo does not allow the circus tents to go anywhere until two are used for his queue line. :zipit:

cheezbat

I used to Love World of Motion...and I loved Alien Encounter...so it would definitely have to be one of those two...but darn, it's just so hard to pick one!

Horizons was awesome too...and i always wanted to ride 20,000 Leagues...never got to seeing as how my family memebers were easily claustrophobic so i never got the chance.

The Duck

Am I the only geezer who remembers the Plaza Swan Boats? Sure, it wasn't exactly a thrill ride but if you wanted to sit back and take a relaxing boat ride aound Cinderella Castle, past the Crystal Palace and a quick loop around Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse and back, it was a fun way to unwind. The boats were also quite pretty.

David S.

Honestly, you're probably going to see the tents again when Dumbo is moved, and Goofy's coaster is just being rethemed. The only thing that's going.....is basically the houses.

Exactly, and the houses are what I will miss the most. Nearly everyone who bashes Toontown focuses on the tents, but personally, I hardly ever went in either of the three tents except to say hello to Mickey (which wasn't as often as I walked through his House). For me, it was all about the 2 Mouse Houses, the Barnstormer, and Donald's Boat (which admitedly wasn't as elaborate as the 2 houses but was still really cute).

As for Barnstormer, hopefully they will do a nice job retheming it. I really enjoyed the farm theming and animatronic chickens which got stressed everytime one of Goofy's "Multiflex Octoplanes" crashed through the barn. There was lots of other neat, cute, theming in there as well, like "Fearless Fido's Flight School Fur Cats and Dogs", the squashed squash, the "bell peppers", the popcorn growing on corn stalks, the scarecrow patterned after Goofy that wasn't working very well, the former chicken coup now being used as the WACKY Radio station (with DJ Red Barns, "the rowdiest rooster on radio"), and Goofy's blueprints showing the engine being powered by "the cooperation of neighborhood chipmunks".

And if I attempted to similarly list all the detail, imaginative props, funny gags, references to the classic shorts, and layers and layers of Toontown Fair "backstory" found in the two rodent houses, it would literally fill a small book! ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom