What would make you flip out in joy over Disney?

General Grizz

Original Poster
Think of a few things that you woud jump for joy for, quickly putting your faith back in Disney if it has been lost. Or perhaps if it hasn't been lost.

Here are a few things for me:

• Adding "Listen to the Land" instrumental score (perhaps dramatic) to Soarin'
  • Restoring the theme songs to the "Universe of Energy"
  • Opening up the upstairs Image Works

Those are just a few examples. Now add yours! And this isn't per se taking away attractions, more about adding things, but things that can actually be done.

Enjoy!

SNS

-Build a theme park out of lost attractions (or at the very least, provide high quality DVDs of rides when they decide to close them).

-Make a DisneySeas in WDW.

-Listen to what Walt wants (he said he wanted the COP to last as long as his parks last).

General Grizz

Original Poster
Well, you see, I'm thinking these things should be more feasible. Horizons and DisneySeas are massive projects.

Reopening an area that is basically intact (Image Works) and adding songs isn't hard.

But I will agree with those points on "Carousel of Progress" and those DVDs! :sohappy:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
AK remaining open into the evening so that everyone can see how amazing that park looks at night. :)

CrackerJack

Originally posted by grizzlyhall
Opening up the upstairs Image Works

We did the Undiscovered Future World tour last week and went up there. There is nothing up there except for a few tables and chairs and a couple "pin tables", which you can press something against the underside of the table and see its image in the pins.

It did have a good view though -- unfortunately it is considered backstage so no photos were allowed.

btw, our tour guide Sarah was absolutely the best. And it was her first tour. Does anybody know who I can contact to give her some props? She did a great job and deserves to be recognized.

aim

I agree about the DVD! I would buy those in a heartbeat!

Maybe if they sold posters from the old attractions? Or, sold posters of the attractions at all. I know a few sell them, but not enough. It would be awesome to go to Epcot and be able to get a Horizons poster, or World of Motion!

General Grizz

Original Poster
Re: Re: What would make you flip out in joy over Disney?

Originally posted by CrackerJack
We did the Undiscovered Future World tour last week and went up there. There is nothing up there except for a few tables and chairs and a couple "pin tables", which you can press something against the underside of the table and see its image in the pins.

Yes...but what about the Image Works itself? I'm guessing it was tapered off?

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Originally posted by wdwmagic
AK remaining open into the evening so that everyone can see how amazing that park looks at night. :)

-GOOD ONE!
Then I might actually stay in that park longer than I currently do, cause I have never seen AK at night.

-Also.... Inject some more life to into Future World in Epcot... (certin aspects of Project Gemini).

-Add a new country to WS. (Spain or Austraila)

-Build the Rhine River ride that was orignaly planned for Germany in WS.

-Move CoP to Epcot and keep it open year round.

-Get rid of the indy speedway in Tomorrowland and put something better there.

I have a bunch more... but these are just the ones off the top of my head. :) :wave:

General Grizz

Original Poster
Originally posted by Scooter
Take out the chairs in Country Bear Jamboree and put in beds.

I hate sleeping sitting up. :mad:

Then don't visit the attraction.

Good points, Jer! I would also like to see some new aspects to EPCOT...so long as they retain classic Disney show-manship, heart, and everything that made EPCOT good in the first place! :)

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Oh, there is so much that should be done, but here's the major points which I think-

Keep The ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter and make it more intense (Hey, I love the ride, no matter what way it is, but seriously, they should have it live up to the name (ExtraTERROR)

Bring back Mr. Toad's Wild Ride and Horizons!

DESTROY THE INDY SPEEDWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :fork:

Sell the lost-attraction DVDs.

Give a ton of life to Future World.

Add a new pavillion at EPCOT.

Add more RIDES to the pavillions.

Move CoP to EPCOT, leave it opened year round, then give us a new attraction in Tomorrowland in CoP's original spot.

mickey04

Build Walt's original EPCOT. (Just kidding, although it would be cool.)

More realistically, create a new attraction in preferably in the Magic Kingdom which combines all the elements that make Disney great (great storyline, elaberate details, AUDIO ANIMATRONICS!!) something along the lines of Splash Mountain.

Along similar lines, if Disney were to create a new animated movie that combined a great story with humor, action and romance like Beauty and the Beast or the Lion KIng (on video and Disney DVD tomorrow!!), that would definately restore my faith. And then that new attraction could be based on it. (It is after all, all about synergy)

I also thought Steve's idea about keeping Ak open at night was really cool- and something I would have never thought of. i bet it really is beautiful at night!

BenS

Just a few:

• Re-open the Skyway
  • Burn all plans for "Stich Encounter"
  • TEAR DOWN THE EPCOT WAND, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!
  • CoP and Timekeeper open all year
  • Parks open from 7 am to 1 am (like in the good ol' days)
  • Allow us under-sixteens to go on the backstage tours :( (I still don't get the point of that. I can understand not allowing ten year olds, but 16? come on...)

MouseRight

- Bring back original Figment

- Bring back original score of Spaceship Earth - Tomorrow's Child

- Tokyo's Disney Sea in Orlando

- Lifetime VIP (As in straight to the head of the line and free entrance) Pass to all Disney Parks

- Build something to replace 20,000 Leagues space in MK

- Magic pill that will prevent me from getting seasick on Mission:Space, Star Tours, Tea Cups, etc., etc., etc.,

- A job at WDW

PeeplMoovr

Since we're just sticking to small stuff:

-bring back free-roaming flamingos inside the parks.

-reinstate swan (or similar tour) boats in the MK

-CoP all the time.

-Take the evil wand in EPCOT down.

-Remove the sorcerer's hat entirely from Disney Studios.

ltbeach

1. tapistry of nations parade

2. Skyway

3. river country

4. bring the IRL back to the speedway

5. replace wolfgang puck with emeril

6. monorails, monorails, monorails

mickey04

Originally posted by BenS
Just a few:

• Re-open the Skyway
  • Burn all plans for "Stich Encounter"
  • TEAR DOWN THE EPCOT WAND, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!
  • CoP and Timekeeper open all year
  • Parks open from 7 am to 1 am (like in the good ol' days)
  • Allow us under-sixteens to go on the backstage tours :( (I still don't get the point of that. I can understand not allowing ten year olds, but 16? come on...)

I think Disney picked 16 because at that age you are legally old enough to work for them (although I thought that was 14) and thus have the right to see "backstage" areas.

As for your suggestions- I agree with the Epcot wand thing- I liked at first, but it's time to go. Also, I can't ever remember a time (except peak season) when the parks were open anywhere near from 7am -1 am, although we really do need longer hours!

Lee

Adventurer
Mostly, a long overdue major e-ticket in the Magic Kingdom.

Either:

1) Total redo of Space Mountain, giving it a Paris quality ride and look.

2) Mysterious Island behind the 20K lagoon, with the new 20K ride and Journey to the Center of the Earth.

Also...
-bring back the original Tiki Room...
-keep Alien Encounter...
-keep CoP and Timekeeper open (how much can that cost, anyway?)...
-spruce up Future World...
-new ride in World Showcase...
-update Great Movie Ride...
-rip out the Indy Speedway, make a lagoon for Aquatopia.
-Indy coaster for Adventureland (room may be a problem)
-ABSOLUTELY leave AK open after dark...
-Haunted Mansion Holliday...

I'd better stop, this could go on a while.

:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom