What would it take for you to NOT go back?

Disstevefan1

Genuine question from a non-Disney fan.

Over the years I wondered this and with the latest kerfuffle over the demise of Fastpass+ (Of which the thread on said topic has been flogged to death, buried and made into glue multiple times over) I got to wondering:

Just what would it take for the Disney fans here to stop going?

Clearly, no amount of price increases and/or removal or perks is going to stop people from going from the look of it.

Fire away.
They have already stopped me from going with the Park Pass Reservation. The question for me is what's it's gonna take for me to resume going.

Kamikaze

Over the years I wondered this and with the latest kerfuffle over the demise of Fastpass+ (Of which the thread on said topic has been flogged to death, buried and made into glue multiple times over) I got to wondering:

Clearly, no amount of price increases and/or removal or perks is going to stop people from going from the look of it.

Fire away.
The removal of FastPass has made it MORE likely for me to visit WDW. I despise the idea of planning all my stuff 60-90-180 days out. Now I just need the ability to park hop at will to be back and its a better experience than its been for a long time.

Cadbury

Waiting an hour for a 2 min ride is crazy, no matter how good it is.
Paying x amount of dollars to wait x amount of hours for a single ride is insane. Its worse if the line is outside and you get caught in a downpour. Better pack that umbrella and poncho!
Third a breakdown of the Disney transportation. If we have extremely long waits getting to and from the parks and resorts, thats a lot of wasted time spent doing nothing.
It might cost an arm and a leg now but renting your own vehicle is a better option if you can afford it and don't want to wait in lines for the bus.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Hi Willmark. Aside of multiple pros and cons about my decision to visit WDW, I'd have to say that price (including airfare, hotel, meals, etc.) would be the final deal-breaker for me.

It's not that I plan on stopping visits to WDW, altogether, but it does mean that I can no longer visit once a year. With my present budget, future visits will be spaced out every 2-3 years.

graphite1326

There are several reasons for me including the loss of fastpass and true parkhoping (got to have this back). Another is the loss of Luggage pickup and Magic Express. I plan all our vacations in detail so we can get the most out of our vacations. WDW vacations meant I go to the airport and then I am taken care of. I really liked that. Extra Magic hours wasn't a big deal to me but it kinda rubbed me the wrong way when the people staying at deluxe resorts can get and I can't. Makes me feel like I am not wanted. Turning EPCOT into an IP park is a factor. Sometimes I just want to be an adult while I am there. And last is the cost. When we first started going we took my family of 4 cheaper than it cost the two of us to go now.

All that being said if
it wasn't for me having so many points on my Disney credit card to use up, I wouldn't be going this time. I am currently not using my Disney/Chase card. Don't get me wrong I am not disgruntled but WDW has done away with all the reasons I went.
This will probably be my last trip WDW.

Last edited:

deeevo

Fire away.
My family talk about this all the time and are really starting to feel used just because all the little things that have been cut back over time. We have been passholders for almost 8 years and are local so we go over about once a month for the day and stay on property probably 4 or 5 times a year. It would be really hard for us since our 10 year old twin girls grew up in the parks and it is ingrained in our lives. Our neighbors have 2 girls and they are passholders and their neighbors also have 2 girls and are passholders and they happen to be our best friends so we all go over together but someday we are going to rip the Band-Aid off. We are getting a pool put in next year so that will probably be it since I will be in my pool on the weekends instead the parks. If we really end up missing it we could always call them up and renew.

Willmark

Original Poster
Hey, if you like to ski, go to Mont Tremblant. It looks like something Disney Imagineers would have designed. Well, at least the kind of stuff they would do prior to the "Mediterranean" (airport Marriot) Resort.
When I was younger I did, too many injuries , especially over the last few years to participate in that now.

MattC

I say we will stop when our ROI is no longer favorable. Basically what most people have said. We are FL residents and have always been able to get a good value out of annual passes and resident discounts. We live about an hour and a half away and that makes frequent quick trips possible.

That being said, for us, the ROI is currently not favorable. No APs at the moment, park reservation system, and offerings at a minimum because of COVID (things are reopening, I know).

John park hopper

Multiple factors have contributed to my not wanting to go back
1. High cost of everything
2. Crowds
3. Wasting time standing in long lines
4. Down grade of food quality at many restaurants
5. Decline in upkeep of the parks
6. Removal of classic attractions
7. Charging for things that once were perks ( paid for in hidden costs, now you double pay)
8. Disney bending the knee
Been going since 1972--2019 was my last and probably final trip

Last edited:

Disstevefan1

Multiple factors have contributed to my not wanting to go back
1. High cost of everything
2. Crowds
3. Wasting time standing in long lines
4. Down grade of food quality at many restaurants
5. Decline in upkeep of the parks
6. Removal of classic attractions
7. Charging for things that once were perks ( paid for in hidden costs, now you double pay)
8. Disney bending the knee
Been going since 1972--2019 was my last and probably final trip
A loyal park goer like you have really experienced the changes first hand. Everything you said is spot on.

Many, many times in the past folks on the boards have always warned, "Disney better stop doing this or that" saying it would hurt their theme park business so badly that the parks will surely fail.

I agreed. I thought there was going to be some kind of breaking point for the parks, forcing them to change for the better for their guests.

Well here we are coming out of the global pandemic where the parks were shut for months and what happened? The parks are only stronger; they were able to make huge cutbacks they can blame on COVID and prices on everything will skyrocket in the coming days, weeks, months they can blame on inflation.

As I have said in other posts; DISNEYPARKS ARE INVINCIBLE! BAD THINGS HAPPEN AND THEY ONLY GROW STRONGER.

Last edited:

Skibum1970

#1: Price. We love going there (particularly in February when Ohio is cold and/or snowy) but we will find something else if the costs keep going up.

#2 Crowds: While crowds are a part of any theme park, I think that we would stop going if every day was like a Christmas at WDW. When I cannot walk more or less freely and have to depend up moving when the crowd moves, I will quickly lose interest. We did that one time during a spring break and it was not enjoyable.

Michaelson

The removal of FastPass has made it MORE likely for me to visit WDW. I despise the idea of planning all my stuff 60-90-180 days out. Now I just need the ability to park hop at will to be back and its a better experience than its been for a long time.
Did you catch this article from yesterday?

https:///2021/07/stand-by-pass-crowds-ad1/

Regards! Michaelson

JIMINYCR

Paying x amount of dollars to wait x amount of hours for a single ride is insane. Its worse if the line is outside and you get caught in a downpour. Better pack that umbrella and poncho!

It might cost an arm and a leg now but renting your own vehicle is a better option if you can afford it and don't want to wait in lines for the bus.
We drive down so we have a vehicle with us. So far the bus system has been efficient and there have been no issues for us to complain about... but the answer I gave was IF in the future there was a breakdown with the transportation. Its been reported that presently bus drivers were lacking and Disney was having a difficult time getting the routes covered.

tanc

1. Removing the magic, the whole reason to stay on resort property
2. Park upkeep, Japan seems to be the one on the throne with it. Proper maintenance needs to be done but Disney just doesn't care. Reminds me of the railroad which has been closed now for a ridiculous amount of time.
3. After hours events offering very little for an expensive cost.
4. Having phones being the primary way to do things, magic bands are still an option but you can't get a boarding pass with them. I know most people have phones, but what happens when people from other countries want to ride the rides and can't get proper phone service or have no option for a smart phone? You'll spend more time looking at your phone more than ever.

KBLovedDisney

Heh...oh boy.

I may catch a lot of hate for this, but the thing that will make us stop going (or prolong another trip) is if this pandemic has a Round 2 on steroids...and also Disney closes.

tenor.gif

Nottamus

the wife and I are split on this one

wife: looks like bottled water increased again to $3.50
Me: here’s yours, I got two

wife: that star gate in Epcot looks stupid! They ruined everything
me: I’m real curious on what this new show will look like! I’m looking forward to it

paying for fast passes, increased pricing everywhere, less perks every year….sure they do suck, but every time we vacation at WDW, we leave happy.

When I stop leaving happy, I guess that’s when i re evaluate vacation destinations.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom