What would it take for you to NOT go back?

John park hopper

😲God bless 'em. I'm too much of a tightwad, at 4k a pop I need my vacations to be consistently good. Like I said before I'm hard pressed to give a bad restaurant a second try. No way would I be kicking out Disney dough on a memory.
I'm not referring to those people who go every year and complain-- more those that have several year lapses between visits

DocAndy

Covid19 risk is why I let my Disney Annual Pass expire and stopped me from coming. Fastpass + is why I renewed every year- the 60d window was worth the renewal (in the past I would have my pass for a year, then wait 6mths or more while they were building more things and let the crowds on the new attractions calm down then buy the next year, in the meantime had two other theme park passes to take my family during our weekend trips. So, if I have no incentive to buy a new annual pass or renew it once I get one again (the renewal discount wasn't high enough to justify months I could travel elsewear), I may as well adjust my travel to Sea World Platinum and Universal Premier Annual Passes which still give nice perks to passholders). I even already renewed my Sea World Platinum before the last COVID spike since the shows are mostly outdoors and a little easier to social distance there with the nice benefits I get (reserved seating for shows, upgrade parking, a front of the line ride I rarely use we are not a rollar coaster family but still nice to have and may use more when some milder rides reopen). As much as look forward to going back to Disney, it depends on what kind of pass benefit they offer. The Disneyland Magic Key model does not seem to offer my family much value, I certainly will not upcharge for rides to a place I used to go twice a month before the pandemic, and its not worth thousands of dollars to see fireworks and Tiki Birds over and over again (and I have no desire to pay by the day since I am accustomed to buy my passes by the year). So, currently, not much motivation to go back when the COVID19 spike improves. I am however looking forward to my weekends at Sea World and ready to add Universal Premier when its cooler (and safer with lower positivity and after my anticipated 3rd booster vaccine) which will give me plenty to do for a weekend away from my home besides those oceanfront balcony beach hotels I did so often last year when it was just a little too risky to go to the theme parks.

WishIWasRetired

My wife and I started going regularly in 97 before we were married. We used to buy the 10-day hopper with the no expiration option and use them throughout the year. Then they eliminated them I was mad but eventually moved on to the AP. Then the fast pass + started and now we have to decided what park on what day we want to go. I also have to pay to have a car now, we always rented a car it was much easier for us since parking is included with the AP and we liked to go to places off property. I have used the bus system and did not like it much and my last experience of going to Disney springs from the resort was more than an hour for what would take me 10 min by car. We let our AP expire in 2020 and rented a beach house in NC and we are going to UA and IOA in January. I am not sure when I will return but I don’t see myself going multiple times a year anymore maybe once every few years or so.

J_Carioca

I find it interesting (and, if I’m honest, a little puzzling) that so many posters here were already one straw away from never returning. I would stop visiting a place long before things got to that point—why spend thousands of dollars repeatedly going somewhere that is no longer all that enjoyable to you?
I dont think it's that people aren't enjoying it. My last trip was early 2020 and we had a great time, but some things irked us, like the parks closing early so that they could then be reopened for people willing to shell out additional money for the "after dark" tickets or whatever it's called. Much shorter park hours, higher prices, and the general feeling that you're getting less than what you're used to and paying more. Since then they've gotten rid of DME and added this elitist Genie thing. It all adds up to feeling exploited. Combine that with the strong emotions many of us associate with Disney, and you have a recipe for people reaching their last straw.

LittleBuford

I dont think it's that people aren't enjoying it. My last trip was early 2020 and we had a great time, but some things irked us, like the parks closing early so that they could then be reopened for people willing to shell out additional money for the "after dark" tickets or whatever it's called. Much shorter park hours, higher prices, and the general feeling that you're getting less than what you're used to and paying more. Since then they've gotten rid of DME and added this elitist Genie thing. It all adds up to feeling exploited. Combine that with the strong emotions many of us associate with Disney, and you have a recipe for people reaching their last straw.
That's fair enough. I'm talking more about those who repeatedly visit year after year even though they seem to really dislike what WDW now offers. That's different from being irked with aspects of the overall experience, or quickly going off Disney in response to a series of recent changes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom