What would be a suitable "Gate-Buster Attraction?"

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
jedimaster1227 said:
While Katzenburg is a firm businessman, Spielberg knows where the money is at, and he makes decisions that reflect that knowledge. With a new CEO befriending one of Spielberg's best partners (George Lucas) a new deal could be more likely than you think...

Don`t get me wrong - I hope I AM wrong!

ToTBellHop

jedimaster1227 said:
Almost like how the Matterhorn ties both Tomorrowland and Fantasyland together.
Well...sorta. I've never seen how it ties to Tomorrowland...except that the monorail wraps around it ;)

Shaman

Bulldoze Toontown Fair, replace it with a villainland, with an e-ticket ride (mountain) and a dark ride...extend Fantasyland in that direction with the addition of two dark rides....:D

ToTBellHop

Shaman said:
Bulldoze Toontown Fair, replace it with a villainland, with an e-ticket ride (mountain) and a dark ride...extend Fantasyland in that direction with the addition of two dark rides....:D
But then where would the kiddies play? There's only so much room in Pooh's Potty Place.......

Epcot82Guy

ISTCNavigator57 said:
But then where would the kiddies play? There's only so much room in Pooh's Potty Place.......

I think a large re-working of this area is necessary. ALthough it is logistically difficult, I would love to see the following:

1. Build a smaller C-ticket dark ride ala Dream Flight themed to Clara Belle - CLara's "Blue Ribbon Tour" and the cows premised on a wacky 4-H county fair with various characters presenting their grown goods or themselves (i.e. 3 little pigs representing themselves in the pig competition).
2. Next to this attraction is a large red-barn-looking covered bridge that serves as the link to Fantasyland. It also has small expo booths selling oddities, fair food, etc. along either side (to block the view of the current backstage areas of the tents). This actually rises up so that the roadway can stay where it is (running under the covered bridge and queue for the Blue Ribbon Tour.
3. The other side is a more country themed bridge with dark woods and covered in moss. To your right built into a hillside is the queue for Mr. Toad's Country Ride. This is a souped up version of the old attraction that changes the path. You queue through the English countryside and board your cars. Much more like Spidey or TDL's Pooh than a traditional Fantasyland ride, this is one wacky and wild trip. Of course, you now take one of two paths (gypsies or farm) and eventually approach Toad Manor and enter. The scenes are generally the same in concept but the additional space available allows the scenes to be larger and the effects are updated.
4. Gaston's will be a dinner show build next to/behind Pooh's Playful Spot. It features basically the scene from the broadway show and a Festhaus-like dining experience.
5. The Speedway becomes the Sunday Car-TOON Drive. The queue is moved to Pete's Garage and replica's of many toon homes (aside from those already existing so Chip & Dale, Lilo& Stitch, etc.) line the route. They have small elements that talk, move, explode (see Stitch), etc. The cars are rethemed to look more like family sedans (or even the "Cars" or other toon Cars).
6. The Show Stopper: Dark Mountain. This is pretty much the concept from before of the water-coaster hybrid. It will take place inside and outside the berm (most of the mountain outside, but the queue is inside - you dip under the tracks via the ride itself similar to BTMRR). There are rocky crags all around, but the twisted mountain itself sits more to the west so that the viewpoint of the castle is not changed from Main St. USA.

I know that is confusing, but I popped up a quick paint sketch in my photoalbum.

EDIT: Link to the album. http://photoalbums.wdwmagic.com/showgallery.php?cat=3368&ppuser=12707
Thanks for indulging!

AEfx

Gate buster? Not sure, but for that area I'd love a trio of dark rides : two D-tickets (say, Alice and Pinocchio) and one E-ticket with Sleeping Beauty.

Fantasyland at WDW is depressingly lacking in dark rides for my taste. Snow White, Pan, and Pooh just aren't enough.

AEfx

jedimaster1227

Original Poster
Epcot82Guy said:
I think a large re-working of this area is necessary. ALthough it is logistically difficult, I would love to see the following:

1. Build a smaller C-ticket dark ride ala Dream Flight themed to Clara Belle - CLara's "Blue Ribbon Tour" and the cows premised on a wacky 4-H county fair with various characters presenting their grown goods or themselves (i.e. 3 little pigs representing themselves in the pig competition).
2. Next to this attraction is a large red-barn-looking covered bridge that serves as the link to Fantasyland. It also has small expo booths selling oddities, fair food, etc. along either side (to block the view of the current backstage areas of the tents). This actually rises up so that the roadway can stay where it is (running under the covered bridge and queue for the Blue Ribbon Tour.
3. The other side is a more country themed bridge with dark woods and covered in moss. To your right built into a hillside is the queue for Mr. Toad's Country Ride. This is a souped up version of the old attraction that changes the path. You queue through the English countryside and board your cars. Much more like Spidey or TDL's Pooh than a traditional Fantasyland ride, this is one wacky and wild trip. Of course, you now take one of two paths (gypsies or farm) and eventually approach Toad Manor and enter. The scenes are generally the same in concept but the additional space available allows the scenes to be larger and the effects are updated.
4. Gaston's will be a dinner show build next to/behind Pooh's Playful Spot. It features basically the scene from the broadway show and a Festhaus-like dining experience.
5. The Speedway becomes the Sunday Car-TOON Drive. The queue is moved to Pete's Garage and replica's of many toon homes (aside from those already existing so Chip & Dale, Lilo& Stitch, etc.) line the route. They have small elements that talk, move, explode (see Stitch), etc. The cars are rethemed to look more like family sedans (or even the "Cars" or other toon Cars).
6. The Show Stopper: Dark Mountain. This is pretty much the concept from before of the water-coaster hybrid. It will take place inside and outside the berm (most of the mountain outside, but the queue is inside - you dip under the tracks via the ride itself similar to BTMRR). There are rocky crags all around, but the twisted mountain itself sits more to the west so that the viewpoint of the castle is not changed from Main St. USA.

I know that is confusing, but I popped up a quick paint sketch in my photoalbum.

EDIT: Link to the album. http://photoalbums.wdwmagic.com/showgallery.php?cat=3368&ppuser=12707
Thanks for indulging!

That is really amazing!!! :sohappy:

I don't know if this was mentioned...I'm not reading every single post, but out in Toon Town in Disneyland, they have Chip and Dale's treehouse. I think if they were to connect the two, in my opinion, it should center around early Disney ideas and characters. I think it should focus on the core characters (Mickey, Minnie, etc) and also on secondary characters..(Chip and Dale, Scrooge, etc). I would make a really cool area. Being that both Toontown and the Pooh area both seem to focus on smaller kids, I dont' think that any type of thrill ride would fit in. Something more interactive to the kids is probably the direction it would go.

Who knows, they could always make Duckburg, have a small childs version of Tower or Terror that is Scrooges money vault building. Nothing taller than maybe 25 feet or so...or the building could be larger but the actual ride itself wouldn't go very high (Cedar Point has something along these lines I think....it's not themed or anything (maybe Snoopy?) but it gives kids a small thrill-like ride. Nothing that's going to scare children, but something that they might find fun and amusing.

ToTBellHop

clarksfan95 said:
I don't know if this was mentioned...I'm not reading every single post, but out in Toon Town in Disneyland, they have Chip and Dale's treehouse. I think if they were to connect the two, in my opinion, it should center around early Disney ideas and characters. I think it should focus on the core characters (Mickey, Minnie, etc) and also on secondary characters..(Chip and Dale, Scrooge, etc). I would make a really cool area. Being that both Toontown and the Pooh area both seem to focus on smaller kids, I dont' think that any type of thrill ride would fit in. Something more interactive to the kids is probably the direction it would go.

Who knows, they could always make Duckburg, have a small childs version of Tower or Terror that is Scrooges money vault building. Nothing taller than maybe 25 feet or so...or the building could be larger but the actual ride itself wouldn't go very high (Cedar Point has something along these lines I think....it's not themed or anything (maybe Snoopy?) but it gives kids a small thrill-like ride. Nothing that's going to scare children, but something that they might find fun and amusing.
The Matterhorn is in Fantasyland at Disneyland (and Tomorrowland, technically)...I don't think a thrill ride is out of the question. Something like Rock 'n' Roller Coaster won't happen, but a family thrill ride w/ intensity similar to Soarin', Test Track, or Splash could certainly happen. I'd be pretty annoyed if they replaced an E-Ticket w/ a kiddie drop tower......

jedimaster1227

Original Poster
ISTCNavigator57 said:
The Matterhorn is in Fantasyland at Disneyland (and Tomorrowland, technically)...I don't think a thrill ride is out of the question. Something like Rock 'n' Roller Coaster won't happen, but a family thrill ride w/ intensity similar to Soarin', Test Track, or Splash could certainly happen. I'd be pretty annoyed if they replaced an E-Ticket w/ a kiddie drop tower......

I agree with you there. Fantasyland needs a real E-Ticket though. Fantasyland is full of weaker rides and it is the one land that is missing a truly thrilling ride.

Adventureland-Pirates
Tomorrowland-Space Mountain, Stitch Encounter (Not really thrilling to me but is still considered one), Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin
Frontierland- Splash Mountain, Thunder Mountain
Fantasyland-NOTHING...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom