What would be a suitable "Gate-Buster Attraction?"

jedimaster1227

Original Poster
What would be a suitable Gate-buster attraction that would tie together Fantasyland and Toontown that would go behind and/or where Pooh's Playful Place is now?

Personally, I was thinking about it myself and I thought that a mountain ride using characters from "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" would tie in Toontown and many of the characters from Fantasyland and would also be able to include human people to fit riders into the story.

What do you think?

EpcoTim

I like the mountain idea, a mountain can never hurt. But I'd like to see a ride based on the origianl Disney Cartoons. All the old characters, the old Mickeys. Maybe a ride in which all the current characters go back and try to save the original Mickey or something.

TimonRulz

That would be pretty neat. They have a stage on Kingdom Hearts II where they go back in time *more or less*. Its called the "Timeless River" and it has the old school Mickey and Pete and Donald and Goofy and some of the other not-so-famous characters. Was pretty neat.

jedimaster1227

Original Poster
TimonRulz said:
That would be pretty neat. They have a stage on Kingdom Hearts II where they go back in time *more or less*. Its called the "Timeless River" and it has the old school Mickey and Pete and Donald and Goofy and some of the other not-so-famous characters. Was pretty neat.

I was so bored by that level and the redundancy was horrible. (The overall game seemed pretty cool).

I like the mountain idea, a mountain can never hurt. But I'd like to see a ride based on the origianl Disney Cartoons. All the old characters, the old Mickeys. Maybe a ride in which all the current characters go back and try to save the original Mickey or something.

I dunno, it doesn't really tie in the two lands. That is why I thought Roger Rabbit could do it, because the movie incoperated both old and new Disney, toon and human all in one.

theRIOT

A good idea, but it just won't happen due to the deal between Disney and Amblin Entertainment.

They both can't come to an agreement on how to use the characters and most importantly the money exchanging between the two.

It is prime real estate. Here's hoping that someday, something cool could be built there.

Paging John Lasetter ...

jacksnightmare

I cant believe that no one has thought of it yet.....Harry Potter. What else could they put there. To go along with it, since it would be such a blockbuster, the expansion of the monorail would have a stop for everyone to get off right at the fastpass ticket machine

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
There are always the mothballed plans that would have put DLPs never built The Little Mermaid dark ride between Toontown and what was 20k.

^Nice, Jack! :lol:

kcnole

I think our very own version of the sub ride Disneyland is getting would go perfect there except ours could be themed to the little mermaid instead.

I know, I'm a dreamer.

jedimaster1227

Original Poster
TAC said:
Close Mission:Space. Then, bring it over to MK. Instead of the pods spinning, they would just shake a little bit, stop, then shake a little bit more. Then you are on Mars, and the ride is over.

And that ties in Toontown and Fantasyland how?

jedimaster1227

Original Poster
TAC said:
Fantasyland - the dream to go into space

Toontown - rename the ride to "Super Mickey Goes to Mars"

Fantasyland- Made for Fairy tale stories, make believe characters and older style stories (i.e. Cinderella, Snow White, Peter Pan). My point is, that none of these stories have to do with the future. Space is associated with the future. MK already has a mountain themed to space.

If you were trying to tie in Tomorrowland and Toontown then that would work, but Fantasyland would have to be something like "Fire Mountain" with Mickey in knight's armor fighting a dragon.

RonAnnArbor

What if they did the opposite -- what if they put a big 10 foot wall there to SEPARATE Fantasyland from Tomorrowland (or what will eventually become Discoveryland most likely) Then you need no transition.

Tim G

TAC said:
Close Mission:Space. Then, bring it over to MK. Instead of the pods spinning, they would just shake a little bit, stop, then shake a little bit more. Then you are on Mars, and the ride is over.
Well... That's gonna happen Future World anyhow... :lol:

jedimaster1227

Original Poster
RonAnnArbor said:
What if they did the opposite -- what if they put a big 10 foot wall there to SEPARATE Fantasyland from Tomorrowland (or what will eventually become Discoveryland most likely) Then you need no transition.

A wall is too simple for Disney. It is more likely for Disney to buy Kevin Lyttle and have him gutted and turned into an animatronic to perform in a new version of Carousel of Progress- can anyone sing "There's a great big beautiful Kevin Lyttle Tomorrow, shining at the end of every day!!!"?:eek:

RonAnnArbor

:sohappy:
jedimaster1227 said:
A wall is too simple for Disney. It is more likely for Disney to buy Kevin Lyttle and have him gutted and turned into an animatronic to perform in a new version of Carousel of Progress- can anyone sing "There's a great big beautiful Kevin Lyttle Tomorrow, shining at the end of every day!!!"?:eek:

Thank you for my laugh of the week!

Skellington88

EpcoTim said:

I always thought it would be so cool to go on a ride based on those wierd silly symphony cartoons.

jedimaster1227

Original Poster
BiggerTigger said:
The shaking on the ride will allow for all our loose change to fall out thus making more money for the company!:rolleyes:

Maybe that money would go towards creating the new Harry Potter Ride- Mt. Hogwarts! :lol:

actor072002

Here an idea that has been brought up before. How about a mountain themed to the vilians or even a dark castle with a ride and you could have villain meet and greats on the toon town side?

Chape19714

TAC said:
I believe that was called Mission to Mars...it played for some time at the Interplanitary Convention Center.

Seriously...I think ROCKET RODS!!!! jk...
Maybe something Toy Story Theamed...start in Andy's Room, go to Woody's Roundup, end up in Buzz's realm (tomorrowland). Then again, Too many toy story rides. imho, no movie deserives 2 attractions...not lion king, little mermaid, or anything. Personally, I would love to see a version of Roger Rabbit's CARtoon Spin. If nothing else, A HUGE MEET AND GREET extending to Tomorrowland. :lol:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
On this note, why not leave Toontown and the Speedway closed for a decade and then turn them into a field? It`ll match it`s neighbour then.

Plant some bushes and voila! A HKDL clone!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom