What will it take to stop you from going to WDW?

What will it take to stop you from going to WDW?

• Attraction line system that actually makes the whole experience worse

• Escalating or out of control prices. Nickle & diming the customers

• Replacing favorite rides with IPs

• Removing favorite or beloved attractions

• Reduced entertainment like shows, fireworks, meet & greets, etc.

• Opening new rides with inferior effects

• Hate Disney management

• Overcrowded making it less enjoyable

• Disrepair or poor condition of the parks and rides

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
We've never eaten there (it's on our list), so we didn't know about that. So they gave you chips, salsa, and queso for free in the past?
We've eaten at La Hacienda (first visit shortly after it opened) several times and never received complimentary chips and salsa. In fact last summer we ordered specialty guac and were separately charged five dollars for the chips!

dreday3

Your wait person liked you. ;)

San Angel - people are now being charged for them. They said it was $6.00 for a basket of chips now.

I swear, we had chips and salsa and we didn't order them at La Hacienda! :D It was a small basket of chips and a little stand with a few serving dishes of two or three types of salsa.

Maybe I imagined it all.... šŸ˜¬

OG Runner

Nothing will stop me from going to WDW or Universal. I find things to like in each of the parks. I enjoy the food I can
get in a number of restaurants both in and out of parks. I enjoy the rides and entertainment.
A crack in a building or sidewalk somewhere or the occasional cranky employee, (we all have off days), or some of the
price increases is going to stop me from going on vacation.
I plan. I skimp where I can. I enjoy my vacation. When I am in Batuu or Diagon Alley, I am not at home or work and I am
having fun.

dreday3

San Angel - people are now being charged for them. They said it was $6.00 for a basket of chips now.

I swear, we had chips and salsa and we didn't order them at La Hacienda! :D It was a small basket of chips and a little stand with a few serving dishes of two or three types of salsa.

I'M NOT CRAZY! :D Well, I am because I've actually spent time trying to find this...DFB review where they mention complimentary chips/salsa at La Hacienda. I knew I wasn't that good looking... :D

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I have absolutely zero basis for what I'm about to say :D...

I don't think these crowds (like now) are here to stay. I truly think people are taking these trips now to make up for cancelled trips and to get in trips while Covid is "gone" for now.

I think next year will be back to "normal" crowds.
They fell behind the capacity for normal crowds long ago. Shouldnā€™t be an hour for a C ticketā€¦ever

Tuvalu

Premium Member

Thanks for the San Angel update, though it irks me. :mad:

And I believe your experience of receiving free chips and salsa at La Hacienda.....it could have been a trial...or pixie dust.

dreday3

Thanks for the San Angel update, though it irks me. :mad:

And I believe your experience of receiving free chips and salsa at La Hacienda.....it could have been a trial...or pixie dust.

I think they must have stopped a few years ago. The last time we ate there (before 2021) was in 2011 and 2014 and the review I posted was from before that so it was probably early days for the free chips. :)

OG Runner

I'M NOT CRAZY! :D Well, I am because I've actually spent time trying to find this...DFB review where they mention complimentary chips/salsa at La Hacienda. I knew I wasn't that good looking... :D

Don't put yourself down you might be that good looking. šŸ˜‚

Goofyernmost

I love this post and think this is why so many of us are such huge Disney fans, we directly associate Disney with good memories. I look around my house and most my pictures are from a Disney park or runDisney. Iā€™ve been all over Europe and those probably account for 10% of the pictures in my house, the other 90% are me with friends and/or family at Disney.
I've been many places myself and including Vietnam, Japan and Europe twice. Europe once in 1967 and again in 2015 and as far as pictures are concerned I have a handful of snapshots of Vietnam/Japan (1970), Lost a whole bunch of color slides of Europe in '67 which really doesn't matter because I don't have a projector now anyway and a boatload of Europe from '15 on my phone and in my computer storage as a slide show that I never look at anymore. After almost 40 years of Disney trips I have a lot of snapshots in albums mostly taken in the first 20+ years and then just went without a camera. Those memories worth keeping are up in my head. (no projector there either) I don't even know what happened to the photo taken on the occasions that I went to about 35 of the 50 states. To be honest I never really took a lot of picture wherever I went. If I couldn't remember it, it probably wasn't impressive enough to photograph in my mind.

Vegas Disney Fan

They fell behind the capacity for normal crowds long ago. Shouldnā€™t be an hour for a C ticketā€¦ever

They need to just build another castle resort in a different state, they keep trying to fit more people into DL and MK by widening sidewalks, adding temporary food kiosks, coming up with line replacement schemes, adding temp seating but it isnā€™t workingā€¦ you can only fit so many people in a given space, nothing they do will change that.

The restrooms canā€™t keep up, the restaurants canā€™t keep up, the rides canā€™t keep up, the stores canā€™t keep upā€¦ itā€™s painfully obvious to everyone that everything in the parks has reached capacity, itā€™s only the execs who are trying to squeeze every last penny out of the parks that think they can find a way to cram in more people.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
They need to just build another castle resort in a different state, they keep trying to fit more people into DL and MK by widening sidewalks, adding temporary food kiosks, coming up with line replacement schemes, adding temp seating but it isnā€™t workingā€¦ you can only fit so many people in a given space, nothing they do will change that.

The restrooms canā€™t keep up, the restaurants canā€™t keep up, the rides canā€™t keep up, the stores canā€™t keep upā€¦ itā€™s painfully obvious to everyone that everything in the parks has reached capacity, itā€™s only the execs who are trying to squeeze every last penny out of the parks that think they can find a way to cram in more people.
Plenty of space in Orlandoā€¦

They just have to get back to a normal investment schedule that every park since Luna realized was unavoidable. Instead of drawn out minilands for publicity.

Maybe if somebody is put in charge not named ā€œBobā€?

Vegas Disney Fan

I have absolutely zero basis for what I'm about to say :D...

I don't think these crowds (like now) are here to stay. I truly think people are taking these trips now to make up for cancelled trips and to get in trips while Covid is "gone" for now.

I think next year will be back to "normal" crowds.
I hope youā€™re right but Iā€™m not optimistic.

dreday3

I hope youā€™re right but Iā€™m not optimistic.

Welp, we are tentatively going back late April 2023. We went October 2021 and obviously the crowds weren't that bad at the time.
Before that was October 2017 and while everyone on social media was saying it was so crowded, we didn't think so.

Maybe my crowd meter is off. I'll find out!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Welp, we are tentatively going back late April 2023. We went October 2021 and obviously the crowds weren't that bad at the time.
Before that was October 2017 and while everyone on social media was saying it was so crowded, we didn't think so.

Maybe my crowd meter is off. I'll find out!
Youā€™re gonna have to wait and see how that goes.

Travel planning was way down for 3/4 of 2020 and all of 2021.

Because some of us wentā€¦doesnā€™t mean it was generally accepted as a good idea.

There may be an elevated level this year in responseā€¦but we canā€™t really judge on anything on 2020-22

Vegas Disney Fan

I
Plenty of space in Orlandoā€¦

They jsut have to get back to a normal investment schedule that ever park since Luna realized was unavoidable. Instead of drawn out minilands for publicity.

Maybe if somebody is put in charge not named ā€œBobā€?
I agree for Epcot, HS, AK, and even DCAā€¦ but MK and DL are getting hard to even maneuver in. Having to wait in a 10 minute line to use a stall in the restroom is ridiculous, having to leave a store because youā€™re getting bounced around like a pinball is ridiculous, having to wait in a half hour line to order food (or wait 2 hours for the next mobile order window) is ridiculous.

The buildings just werenā€™t designed large enough to adequately accommodate these numbers on a daily basis.

ETAā€¦ this is more of a problem at DL than MK, I donā€™t recall MK being as bad my last trip. It was packed and there were long ride lines but it wasnā€™t the pinball machine that DL has become.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I

I agree for Epcot, HS, AK, and even DCAā€¦ but MK and DL are getting hard to even maneuver in. Having to wait in a 10 minute line to use a stall in the restroom is ridiculous, having to leave a store because youā€™re getting bounced around like a pinball is ridiculous, having to wait in a half hour line to order food (or wait 2 hours for the next mobile order window) is ridiculous.

The buildings just werenā€™t designed large enough to adequately accommodate these numbers on a daily basis.
Disneyland is what it isā€¦never going to substantially expand unless they put some sacred cows on the chopping blockā€¦

But thereā€™s still a lot of room you can work with even around mk

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom