What will it take to stop you from going to WDW?

What will it take to stop you from going to WDW?

• Attraction line system that actually makes the whole experience worse

• Escalating or out of control prices. Nickle & diming the customers

• Replacing favorite rides with IPs

• Removing favorite or beloved attractions

• Reduced entertainment like shows, fireworks, meet & greets, etc.

• Opening new rides with inferior effects

• Hate Disney management

• Overcrowded making it less enjoyable

• Disrepair or poor condition of the parks and rides

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Not sure what limits you are talking about. Care to elaborate?
The ones you’ve set. “We go a lot…so we only do this”

That was born of the fastpass+ era…and extension of the 3 and out.

Maybe not in your specific case…but for a lot of the DVC/AP. Lower opportunity/standards and we went with it

Chi84

Premium Member
Everything in the poll is already happening :) but I voted other -
Mine is park pass reservations and it has stopped me.
I know, I know, it's here to stay.
Maybe we will stop in once a year to attend one of the overpriced hard ticket events..
We switched park reservations a few times last May and October and we had no problem. But it's another thing you have to remember to do. If you decide not to go to your reserved park but want to "park hop" later, you have to cancel the first reservation and get a reservation for the second park. All this increased "flexibility" has me longing for the old days of too much planning.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
parking fee at the resort
Really?…An oldie but a goodie.

I do agree…ridiculously distasteful when you have plenty of parking and own everything within 5 miles in every direction.

At least magical express cost something…still trivial but at least an excuse.

People went along with both. I guarantee people drive more/rent/pay more and use both ME/parking fees as both the reason AND excuse…bizarro Disney reality.

Anything for a week in the sun.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
We switched park reservations a few times last May and October and we had no problem. But it's another thing you have to remember to do. If you decide not to go to your reserved park but want to "park hop" later, you have to cancel the first reservation and get a reservation for the second park. All this increased "flexibility" has me longing for the old days of too much planning.
Wait…you mean when the states and federal government where advising most everyone not to travel?

I’m gonna assume I read that wrong…

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
The ones you’ve set. “We go a lot…so we only do this”

That was born of the fastpass+ era…and extension of the 3 and out.

Maybe not in your specific case…but for a lot of the DVC/AP. Lower opportunity/standards and we went with it
Well, the problem is that you're assuming that "we only do this" is because of something that Disney has done to limit us. Nothing could be farther from the truth. I can see it for some people, but not for us.

So a typical day at Disney. Up very early. Maybe breakfast. Hit the parks before rope drop and spend a few hours there. Lunch either at the park or at a resort. Back to the resort for hours of relaxing pool time and possibly nap time (don't judge - I'm older :) ). Dinner somewhere, usually at one of the resorts, but sometimes at a park. Since we go during Flower&Garden and Food&Wine, we nosh around World Showcase for dinner quite a bit as well. If we feel like it, we might hit a different park at night for a few hours. Afterwards, a visit to the resort lounge to sit with the barkeeps. We also visit DS quite a bit, though we don't buy very much merch. We go for the food, beverage, and people watching while enjoying an adult beverage and Wetzel's Pretzel.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Well, the problem is that you're assuming that "we only do this" is because of something that Disney has done to limit us. Nothing could be farther from the truth. I can see it for some people, but not for us.

So a typical day at Disney. Up very early. Maybe breakfast. Hit the parks before rope drop and spend a few hours there. Lunch either at the park or at a resort. Back to the resort for hours of relaxing pool time and possibly nap time (don't judge - I'm older :) ). Dinner somewhere, usually at one of the resorts, but sometimes at a park. Since we go during Flower&Garden and Food&Wine, we nosh around World Showcase for dinner quite a bit as well. If we feel like it, we might hit a different park at night for a few hours. Afterwards, a visit to the resort lounge to sit with the barkeeps. We also visit DS quite a bit, though we don't buy very much merch. We go for the food, beverage, and people watching while enjoying an adult beverage and Wetzel's Pretzel.

I understand that you are completely disillusioned as far as WDW is concerned, and I get it, but it isn't how everyone feels.
You didn’t bother to read the whole post. So the expansion had a bad starting point. And the last patronizing judgement is of course not accurate.

We can agree to disagree…sometimes

Vegas Disney Fan

I understand that you are completely disillusioned as far as WDW is concerned, and I get it, but it isn't how everyone feels.
Our trips are similar which is why we still find value in a WDW resort, parks at rope drop until early afternoon, then back to the resort for a few hours of cocktails and pool time, maybe a nap, then back to the parks for dinner and fireworks, a couple nights at DS to round out the trip.

When we were younger we were rope drop to close commandos but now we probably spend half the day in the parks and half the day at our resort or exploring other resorts. We used to do the little boats at Contemporary every trip, that is something we greatly miss already, might have to try the pontoons next trip because an hour of fun on the water was a highlight of every trip.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
October, for our third trip last year.
Ok…how did that go? Can’t remember where that was in the viral progression? Post delta/pre Omicron?

Yes…the context matters.

I’ll be interested to see what your feedback is after the next one. They had much lower volume overall in 2021. I was there twice and while still understaffed/equipped…the effect of cancelled crowds was evident at all times.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
You didn’t bother to read the whole post. So the expansion had a bad starting point. And the last patronizing judgement is of course not accurate.

We can agree to disagree…sometimes
Sorry about the patronizing part. I'll delete that. I get going sometimes when people assume how they vacation is the same as everyone else and that if you do it differently, you are wrong (not you specifically, you understand).

What part do you think I didn't read?

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Ok…how did that go? Can’t remember where that was in the viral progression? Post delta/pre Omicron?

Yes…the context matters.

I’ll be interested to see what your feedback is after the next one. They had much lower volume overall in 2021. I was there twice and while still understaffed/equipped…the effect of cancelled crowds was evident at all times.
Hmm, guess October was in between Delta and Omicron. We had a great time as always. We visited as I stated above.

So I'll let you know how we feel after our upcoming trip.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Our trips are similar which is why we still find value in a WDW resort, parks at rope drop until early afternoon, then back to the resort for a few hours of cocktails and pool time, maybe a nap, then back to the parks for dinner and fireworks, a couple nights at DS to round out the trip.

When we were younger we were rope drop to close commandos but now we probably spend half the day in the parks and half the day at our resort or exploring other resorts. We used to do the little boats at Contemporary every trip, that is something we greatly miss already, might have to try the pontoons next trip because an hour of fun on the water was a highlight of every trip.
Just to be clear…I never park commando…I just find half day and fireworks not of sufficient value for the price.

As long as that becomes “acceptable”…I have no choice. I’m consistent in this: customers need to pivot and “ask”…not always “accept”

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Sorry about the patronizing part. I'll delete that. I get going sometimes when people assume how they vacation is the same as everyone else and that if you do it differently, you are wrong (not you specifically, you understand).

What part do you think I didn't read?
That I believe that style suits “you”…but it’s been accepted en masse and that would by default include many who want to not have to be pressure or do split days.

Your way sounds fine by me. But 2 hour standbys that don’t move at Peter Pan at 12:30 in the afternoon and 2 hour curb sitting for fireworks will NEVER be ok for me in principle. Even if I would never do it. I don’t want anyone “ripped off”…you can’t sink a ship for just some of the passengers in the longterm.

Goofyernmost

I don’t believe you have less money…I don’t believe enough value is being delivered for the price.

That’s completely different. It’s not your fault.

I see a lot of people frequently saying it’s “worth it to me!”…but occasionally slip and say they don’t go that often. So why take lectures from those that haven’t been since 2016 or 2018? They have no idea in truth.
In a way you are correct, I do have enough money to go if it were worth it, but things happen when you get older and medical stuff starts to enter the picture. At that point you have to bet that you will live long enough to need that money in future years or do I just give up and spend it on what is almost beyond a luxury. Fun as it WAS, I have been there way more then that average American and if I have to choose to save it in an effort to stave off my final years dining on Alpo. However, that said, at what it cost for a comparable WDW holiday when I was younger, I would have thought that they hit the limit for what is an equal value of money vs. product.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
That I believe that style suits “you”…but it’s been accepted en masse and that would by default include many who want to not have to be pressure or do split days.

Your way sounds fine by me. But 2 hour standbys that don’t move at Peter Pan at 12:30 in the afternoon and 2 hour curb sitting for fireworks will NEVER be ok for me in principle. Even if I would never do it. I don’t want anyone “ripped off”…you can’t sink a ship for just some of the passengers in the longterm.
Well, we don't get into a line that is longer than 20-30 minutes, with the one exception of FoP. I can't even remember the last time we were in a park at 12:30 in the afternoon. Just isn't us. Again, since it is just the 2 of us, and our kids are grown and married, we look at things a lot differently than folks bringing their younger kids. We don't really care about the fireworks, either. We can take them or leave them. Just don't care. I know we are in the minority on a lot of this, but maybe that's why it still has value for us, but not for others. We get to do what we want - and not because Disney is limiting us - but because that's what we want to do, so we are good.

I don't want anyone ripped off either, and that is why I completely agreed with you that the park management systems suck and need a huge overhaul.

Vegas Disney Fan

Just to be clear…I never park commando…I just find half day and fireworks not of sufficient value for the price.

As long as that becomes “acceptable”…I have no choice. I’m consistent in this: customers need to pivot and “ask”…not always “accept”
It’s kind of a damned if you do, damned if you don’t scenario… I can’t imagine paying $300 a night for POFQ and then just sleeping there, if you aren’t enjoying the amenities at the resorts they are kind of a waste of money. We ultimately spend more on the resort than we spend on tickets so our vacation style (in our minds) maximizes value at both while also allowing us to relax and enjoy ourselves.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
It’s kind of a damned if you do, damned if you don’t scenario… I can’t imagine paying $300 a night for POFQ and then just sleeping there, if you aren’t enjoying the amenities at the resorts they are kind of a waste of money. We ultimately spend more on the resort than we spend on tickets so our vacation style (in our minds) maximizes value at both while also allowing us to relax and enjoy ourselves.
We are like you in that we enjoy the resorts and the amenities there, and use them. We joined DVC so we didn't have to pay $300 for a night at POFQ. We're spending less that $200 (cost of dues for the points) per night to stay at the Poly on our next trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom