What will Disney do about Morocco?

donaldtoo

Beautiful. Its too bad Disney is in the process of destroying this pavilion.

Yea, I just don’t get it. The replacement tile still boggles the mind.

6E512C8B-1D64-441B-87C4-E7A713E4AE5C.gif

Prince-1

Yes, I don't know what Iger was thinking when he selected those tiles. I will give Iger credit for the newly refurbished bathrooms in the UK pavilion that turned out rather nice. I think he mostly did a good job designing the queue for Tiana's Bayou Adventure, too, even if the ride itself leaves a little to be desired.

Then, you get these tiles and other issues like those lights in the floor around the central spine that Iger completely screwed up. I'm also not completely sold on his interior design choices for the new Polynesian DVC tower. He's just so inconsistent!

I am sure this went over a few people's heads.

DW Aficionado

Can't do much. Most people enjoy walking through Moraco, but I don't think many were purchasing any souvenirs from there. That's the problem. Most are purchasing souvenirs from German, Italy, and France

jloucks

I gave that place 3 tries and all 3 were below average to terrible. The food just sucks.
You must have had very bad luck, or are just picky and not that into that sort of food.

Lol, or I have very good luck and every time we went is was out of this world fantastic.

the_rich

You must have had very bad luck, or are just picky and not that into that sort of food.

Lol, or I have very good luck and every time we went is was out of this world fantastic.
I only went once but I loved it. I will say the rest of my party didn't, but they are picky.

Disstevefan1

Why Disney hasn't reopened Restaurant Marrakesh is beyond me. While it wasn't the most popular Epcot dining spot, they could make is popular by adding Aladdin & Jasmine to the dining experience and I guarantee it would be full daily. It would bring life back to the pavilion.
The people operating the restaurant were evicted during the pandemic.

There is no chance Disney could replicate the quality.

thomas998

No real point in arguing over whether food was good or bad at any given place because we all have different preferences and tastes. I know there are some types of food that I simply cannot stand, so even if I were to go to the best place in the world for one of those foods I wouldn't like it. Then you have to delve into the level of spice in a food... I grew up in the southwest where spice was always high on Mexican food, so for me if I eat Disney's version of Mexican food I cringe at the blandness of it where I suspect someone raised in the Northeast might think it was just right or even too spicy.

If you want to debate the food in Morocco it would make more sense to simply discuss how accurate it was to authentic Moroccan food... after all the whole point of those World Pavilion eateries is supposed to give you a taste of what a country's food tastes like.

Chef Mickey

The food I had in Dubai at just random places was far better. Everything at Marrakesh was overcooked and bland.

Hockey89

The food I had in Dubai at just random places was far better. Everything at Marrakesh was overcooked and bland.
It true for every single place on the world showcase... None of it is at the level of great places or even mom and pop places in the country. Think the food in France matches the great places in France...

co10064

Premium Member
Imagine the backlash if Disney removes and/or replaces the only African nation in the World Showcase. Heck, imagine the controversy that would be generated if Disney removed any one of the countries.

It’s just not going to happen.

Now, upkeep? That’s a different story.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom