What will Disney do about Morocco?

donaldtoo

Hell to the NO regarding replacing the Morocco pavilion… :bored:
But, damn Disney, quit trashing the place…!!!!!
The intricate and authentic Moroccan artisan tile-work in the top pic is so far and above the cheap-a$$ Lowe’s/Home Depot DHS bathroom floor tile in the bottom pic, that if it wasn’t so stunningly disgusting-ridiculous it would be beyond comical.
All these days later and I’m still SMH……. :facepalm:
(Top pic is mine from many years ago, bottom pic is from the internet.)

7AEC2DF7-5E31-47D8-BC32-0EE48DA67384.jpeg
85416ED2-F7EF-4EA3-9871-921AAD8D3F3E.jpeg

Disstevefan1

Hell to the NO regarding replacing the Morocco pavilion… :bored:
But, damn Disney, quit trashing the place…!!!!!
The intricate and authentic Moroccan artisan tile-work in the top pic is so far and above the cheap-a$$ Lowe’s/Home Depot DHS bathroom floor tile in the bottom pic, that if it wasn’t so stunningly disgusting-ridiculous it would be beyond comical.
All these days later and I’m still SMH……. :facepalm:
(Top pic is mine from many years ago, bottom pic is from the internet.)

View attachment 789475View attachment 789474

I really think Iger is doing this on purpose. This is too wrong to be plain incompetence.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Why Disney hasn't reopened Restaurant Marrakesh is beyond me. While it wasn't the most popular Epcot dining spot, they could make is popular by adding Aladdin & Jasmine to the dining experience and I guarantee it would be full daily. It would bring life back to the pavilion.

Cost is the problem

It needs a full gut/rehab

Disney doesn’t like that

Then it would need Disney to staff it

Disney doesn’t like that either

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Currently the Arab world has a perception problem, as the majority of what gets into the news is all the awful stuff about the region and none of the good stuff, so there's naturally hesitation about making any heavy investments.

Chef Mickey

Why Disney hasn't reopened Restaurant Marrakesh is beyond me. While it wasn't the most popular Epcot dining spot, they could make is popular by adding Aladdin & Jasmine to the dining experience and I guarantee it would be full daily. It would bring life back to the pavilion.

I gave that place 3 tries and all 3 were below average to terrible. The food just sucks.

IanDLBZF

Realistically, while I'd love Greece, I don't think another European country is ideal (though there is a lot of stuff to build on for entertainment, including Hercules among actual Disney IP).

I think introducing a country from another under represented part of the world would be a better option like...

* South American (most likely Brazil but maybe Argentina or such)
* Sub-Saharan Africa (tough to say a specific place as it would likely depend on sponsorship, though I think Nigeria might a good choice. Definitely not Wakanda)
* South Asia (India) though focusing on people/culture as opposed to animals as happens in DAK's Asia
* Southeast Asia (Thailand likely being the most obvious option)

In addition to the obvious benefits of inclusion, these would all bring in some new and different food options to WS
Though I do think Ukraine would be a possible contender for a World Showcase Pavilion....

doctornick

Though I do think Ukraine would be a possible contender for a World Showcase Pavilion....
Just in general, while WS is well represented for European countries, an Eastern European location would certainly be distinct. Russia was once under consideration but would obviously be a non starter now. I think Ukraine would be odd at this juncture too. If they were considering a Slavic country, maybe consider Poland?

Greece is one that bridges the gap between Europe and the Middle East so in that sense is a somewhat distinct.

davis_unoxx

Original Poster
Just in general, while WS is well represented for European countries, an Eastern European location would certainly be distinct. Russia was once under consideration but would obviously be a non starter now. I think Ukraine would be odd at this juncture too. If they were considering a Slavic country, maybe consider Poland?

Greece is one that bridges the gap between Europe and the Middle East so in that sense is a somewhat distinct.
I agree!

Disney couldn’t do Turkey with their current place on world stage…

Greece is closest you can get to a Middle Eastern country that would work with no controversy.

Greek people have more in common with people in Lebanon culturally, looks wise than they do the UK. Greece would be great.

Sir_Cliff

You're right. Iger does not care about the Moroccan pavilion.

If he cared, he would have made sure they installed the right tiles.

He cares about the China Pavilion ;)
Yes, I don't know what Iger was thinking when he selected those tiles. I will give Iger credit for the newly refurbished bathrooms in the UK pavilion that turned out rather nice. I think he mostly did a good job designing the queue for Tiana's Bayou Adventure, too, even if the ride itself leaves a little to be desired.

Then, you get these tiles and other issues like those lights in the floor around the central spine that Iger completely screwed up. I'm also not completely sold on his interior design choices for the new Polynesian DVC tower. He's just so inconsistent!

donaldtoo

Czech Republic.
But, I’m over 70% Czech, so I may be a bit biased…!!! ;) :)

donaldtoo

They destroyed the planters, I hope they don't destroy the fountain!

Maybe they will just put us out of our misery and just remove the fountain.

They love to remove fountains.

They’ll just bathroom-tile the fountain and turn it into yet another planter…!!!!! :bored::hilarious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom