What were your "firsts" on your most recent visit?

sbkline

To start out with, this was my first time ever staying on property, my first time stepping foot in any Disney resort hotel, and my first time to even see the resorts that you can't see from DTD or the theme parks.

At Magic Kingdom, my firsts were: Dole Whip, Carosel of Progress, Refurbed PoTC, and Country Bear Jamboree (and probably my last on that one as well).

Epcot:Journey into Imagination, Circle of Life, The Seas with Nemo, Refurbed Living with the Land, O Canada, the China movie (can't remember its actual name), American Adventure, and Grand Fiesta Tour

Animal Kingdom: Festival of the Lion King and Expedition Everest

The Studios: Fantasmic, Beauty and the Beast Live on Stage, Stunt Car show (can't remember the full name of that one either), Muppet Vision 3D and the Narnia exhibit.

Some of these weren't there on my last visit in 2004, but most of them are just ones that we either skipped, or just never even noticed.

It was also the first time I met a poster from wdwmagic, although last year was my first time posting here, so that stands to reason.

lumpydj

Firsts:

Going on ToT with my then 7 year old daughter (her first time, not mine). Going to Fantasmic. Going on an Illuminations Cruise. Doing DiveQuest. Going on MS. Going on TT. Going on Soarin (at WDW). Going to CdS. Having breakfast in the Castle before the park opened :sohappy: . Going on Dinosaur.

I think that's it. EE wasn't open the last time I went. Looking forward to that one for the next trip.

Upvote 0

DiPSU224

After 10 previous trips, I had never rode the Liberty Belle Riverboat or seen LMA which we finally did on our last trip. We also got to experience EE, Nemo and Friends, Grand Fiesta which all had opened since our last trip.

I can't wait till next year to experience the HM and SSE, all post-refub! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Nicole220

Hmmmm....

MK: Splash. Don't know why we never went on this on previous trips. Refurbed PotC
Epcot: O Canada, SSE, Seas with Nemo
AK: EE

Food wise, I tried sea weed for the first time at Teppanyaki.

Upvote 0

KingStefan

All our WDW trips have themes. Last week's trip's theme was "old and new", which focused on things we haven't seen yet, and things we haven't done for a while, or that are rumored to rehab soon.

Here are the "firsts" for this trip:

First time at a DVC resort (SSR)
First time on the new toll section of highway (because of a wrong turn!)
Everest
Narnia (wish I had that time back again)
DD9 and DD13's first ToT
Nemo the musical
AK parade
Photopass
P+P party
PoC refurb
Les Chefs de France (excellent)
Beer from Casablanca (in Morroco)
DS stars and motorcars parade
Great new street performances in DS!
Lunch at Cindy's castle (last minute cancellation - been trying to get there since 1999!)
Tusker House in Haramba, AK
Nemo and friends at the Seas in Epcot
Turtletalk with Crush
Triceratop Spin
Monsters Inc laugh floor
First time in E and W Innovations in its present form
Lunch at Sunshine Seasons

I'm sure there are some I've forgotten.

Upvote 0

lilclerk

Hmmm, lessee.

Last trip to WDW:
It was also my first time staying on property.
First time with the boy and our friend.
First time eating any sit-down meals.

MK - Pirates (I know, it was closed on my first trip,) TTA, Stitch, Buzz, Philharmagic, Jungle Cruise
Epcot - Soarin, Ellen's Energy Adventure, Circle of Life, Nemo & Friends
MGM - ToT, LMA, Indy, GMR, Sounds Dangerous, Fantasmic
AK - Everest

Wow, I missed a lot on that school trip a few years ago... Except becoming hooked on the magic =)

Last trip to DL:
First trip to DL :sohappy:

Upvote 0

3fordisney

First Dole Whip! First time seeing the Beach Club and sharing the "Kitchen Sink"! My husband had his first and last turkey leg. First time going with my in-laws. We actually had a lot of firsts during our last trip.

Upvote 0

LudwigVonDrake

Firsts:

Staying at the Polynesian. Riding Everest. Laugh Floor. Refurbed PoTC. Finding Nemo Ride. Finding Nemo Stage Show. Eating at Le Cellier. Turtle Talk with Crush.

Upvote 0

happymom52003

Firsts on our last trip:
MK: my first (and last!) time on the AstroOrbiter, first time to be in the MK on my actual bday, our kids first time to see Spectromagic
EPCOT: Soarin, Nemo, first time to eat at the Garden Grill
MGM:first time to meet the Cars and the Incredibles
AK: first time we took our kids to AK, my first time to see the Festival of the Lion King and the Pocohantas show
MISC: first time to meet Prince Charming:king: , first time to be on the top floor and have a view of Bay Lake from our WL villa

Upvote 0

RayLaVeau

There's Going to be all firsts for my Mom...So I will be showing and telling everything when I go on Sept 29th- Oct 6th.
It's going to be very exciting for her and me (it will feel like the first time again for me as well sharing her excitement!)
Last trip I went to Cinderellas Castle for my Daughters B-Day and at Epcot went on the Tour about all the Plants and Flowers, trees etc..(cant remember the name of it)
At DS I went on ToT with my daughter for her first time (she was only 5!) and she loved it.
Cant wait to get back home and start the experiences all over again. :)

Upvote 0

kennyj29

Last trip was the first time we went to MNSSHP and the first time we ate at Boma. Was also the first time we had the free food plan. We usually pay but we figured we would try this time of year so we could go the the Halloween party. Needless to say we are going back in 20 days to do it again! Love the Halloween party better than the Christmas one! I don't think this coming trip we are doing anything new.....but that's okay since we love the "World" just for what it is!

Upvote 0

chels26

First time..

-riding Ellens Energy Adventure.
-riding dinosaur
-enjoying AK lol.
-getting a good spot to watch Wishes!
-eating at Le Cellier!
-not eating a mickey premium bar =[
haha

Upvote 0

Polyman

Eating for the first time at Pepper Market in Coronado Springs, and at Wolfgang Puck's Express at the Marketplace. Excellent firsts - will definitely go back to those two again on future visits.:slurp:

Upvote 0

KingStefan

All our WDW trips have themes. Last week's trip's theme was "old and new", which focused on things we haven't seen yet, and things we haven't done for a while, or that are rumored to rehab soon.

Here are the "firsts" for this trip:

I'm sure there are some I've forgotten.

Just remembered: first time visiting the Swan; had dinner at the Garden Grove with Timone and Rafiki - first time meeting those characters, too!

Upvote 0

Vernonpush

My First time at CBR.
First time on Dumbo (I think either last time or the time before, in Nov.).
First time we stayed at the resort in the morning (waiting for rain to pass) and made some "Magic":lookaroun of our own.
First time to ride ToT with just the two of us in the elevator (had to buy the picture:lol: )!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom