What was your first ride or attraction you did at WDW?

subhuman31

Original Poster
Just wondering what was everyone's first ride or attraction you did the first time you went to WDW? Mine was "It's A Small World" in April of 2001 at the young age of 26.

stitchlvr

Our first ride on our first trip to WDW (May 2000) was the Winnie the Pooh ride. It was new at the time and there wasn't a fastpass, so we planned for it to be our first stop. We were at the park at opening and waiting for the rope to drop, so when it did we made a fast dash to Winnie the Pooh. When we arrived, we were 2nd in line and so we got right on. Imagine our surprise when our honey pot car came into view and Piglet was on it! Piglet rode with us, and when the ride was over, we headed to a meet and greet spot together. It almost had us in tears watching Piglet walk hand in hand with my 2 year old and 5 year old. The CM with Piglet gave us some extra time with him for pictures and Pooh was even at the meet and greet spot. One of my favorite pictures of my 2 year old was taken then. He's just staring at Pooh with this awe in his eyes :drevil:

Of course it was hard to explain to them that the characters would not be on every ride with us after that.

djmatthews

Jungle Cruise

I remember this one well. Unless we are counting the monorail as a ride, my first WDW ride was Jungle Cruise back in May 1997.

MKCustodial

Mine was the Jungle Cruise as well, in July 1990, at 11 years old. Really wonderful way to start, since the Cruise is one of the timeless classics.

Mr Smee

Our first visit to WDW was our honeymoon in 96 and we rode The Great Movie Ride. Our first ride in the Magic Kingdom was and will always be my favorite, Pirates.

surfsupdon

Mine was the original Snow White's Scary Adv. back in 1986. I was terrified. Small World 7 times in a row was next. :lol:

raven

1978, Haunted Mansion at Disneyland. I was so scared as a kid but when I came back from the trip I started designing my own dark rides. So I guess you can say that visit was what sparked my interest for my theatre career in special effects and lighting design! :wave:

Nansafan

First ride for me was TTA (Wedway Peoplemover at that time) in 1980 when I was 20. The first ride for my son was the TTA in 1993 at the age of 6. To this day, our first ride every trip when we arrive at the MK is the TTA. Good times.

SewIn2Disney

My first trip was when I was four, so I don't remember what my exact first ride was, but I know what one of my firsts was: It's a small world. My parents said I kicked and screamed in the line, saying that I didn't want to go on such a dark and scary ride, but they dragged me on anyway.....after that I loved it and it was all I wanted to go on. (too bad for my parents!)

Since1976

Since my family invariably went through the lands clockwise, I think my first attraction must have been Pirates or The Enchanted Tiki Room.

On our honeymoon (her first trip), we decided to go counter-clockwise. So, her first attraction was Alien Encounter.

MKCustodial

bears163 said:
jungle cruise here also back in 1988. looks like this one is the goto ride to first timers

I'd say it has much to do with the fact that many Guests start WDW visiting the Magic Kingdom, and most will follow the clockwise pattern.

Now, ain't that funny? People will start clockwise, from left to right, even though it is said people tend to walk on the right side of the way. Theoretically, that's why you'll find food on your right side when entering Main Street, and shops on your right side when you're exiting.

Disney_Belle

My first trip to WDW was in 1988 when I was 4, I remember my first attraction was IASW and I loved it but more importantly as soon as I walked through the gates of MK Goofy was on the other side of the train station. We had gotten a stroller (I was playing around with it putting it in the recline position when i was laying back i looked up and goofy was standing over me. I was so thrilled to see him I didnt know what to do :)

BrerPenguin2

Pirates of the Carribbean -- 1982. It was always the first ride we would go on when my family would go to the parks. Since I've been married, our first ride is always Splash Mountain.

Disney_Belle

MKCustodial said:
I'd say it has much to do with the fact that many Guests start WDW visiting the Magic Kingdom, and most will follow the clockwise pattern.

Now, ain't that funny? People will start clockwise, from left to right, even though it is said people tend to walk on the right side of the way. Theoretically, that's why you'll find food on your right side when entering Main Street, and shops on your right side when you're exiting.

Actually now that I think of it that is true. Except I always go to Tomorrowland for i find it less crowded. Now i know why lol. I go to the right instead of the left. does that go along with how the left line is always shorter?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom