What turned you into a Disney geek?

ddbowdoin

I think it was just a re-kindling of memories for myself. I was fortunate enough to have enjoyed WDW 4 times before I was 12 and then I went through a long dryspell. I always loved the movies, the music etc etc ... but it was my trip in May of 2010 that did it for me. I'm 25 and my girlfriend and I decided to spend a week offsite and it was truly magical. I wish I had enough money to enjoy the park resorts but it just wasn't in my budget. This trip represented a lot to me, it was in ways a solidification of memories that manifested themselves in an adult form. I was able to plan out my trip from start to finish and controlled all aspects myself, unlike when I was 12. To me WDW represents the last apple on the tree of life. I say this in regards to where our culture and society is headed. In a world full of disrepect, WDW still maintains a class experience regardless of your social or economic state. Once you walk through those walls we're all the same (minus a few of the elite character type deals that are big $$$), I was treated the same regardless of whether I was picking up a soda or sitting down for a well presented meal. It's simply a standard of values that they really present, it's simply impressive.

Ever since coming back from my trip I've been keeping an eye on deals and just can't get the trip off my mind. It was truly the greatest week of my life.

I've always loved Disney World but what I think really put me over the top was a combination of my trip in 2006, starting the pin trading, and reading Walt's biography. Now I have a collection of Disney books, memorabilia, and pins.

preludevtec01

Growing up I had enjoyed Disney movies and toys. I had been to WDW as a young child, so young as to I don't remember anything. Then when I was in 7th grade my parents told me they had planned a tripped to there. I at the time was not that excited because I had thought of it to be just a "kids" place. However, from the time we got there to this very moment I have really been into Disney Parks and various other Disney stuff. :)

Mikester71

Never made it down to WDW until 2005 when I was already 35 years old, but that first trip combined with finding this site shortly before said trip was what made me a full-fledged Disney geek/nut!!!! :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom