What to Wear.....in July....... For Ladies......

ADevereaux

Hi Everyone - I'm a newbie! *waves* :wave:

Although I am not new to WDW since I live in FL, it has been at least 20 years since I visited during the summer months. I usually go in off season. However, this July is my *grimaces* 40th birthday and I'll be visiting WDW to survive it. :animwink: :sohappy:

Ok, I am a native Floridian and I know how hot it gets in Fl. :cool: However.....any suggestions on what to wear during the summer months? I'm thinking a sports bra, a button up white blouse over, shorts and sneaks. What do you think?

Thanks for any suggestions!

ADevereaux

tigsmom

Usually wear shorts and Tee shirts or polo shirts and lots of sunscreen.
A nice sundress and wrap for an evening out. Go with sneakers instead of sandles for walking the parks. I know some people love their walking sandles (can't think of the name), but after having my feet run over and stepped on it was back to sneaks for me.

Just make sure your clothes are comfy, not too tight and easy to move in. :wave:

Upvote 0

Nansafan

I'm a sleeveless cotton polo/shorts kind of gal. Occasionally a skort and I alternate from sandals to tennis shoes (it is good for my back to wear different shoes throughout the days).

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
Don't forget a hat! It really does make a difference. Just be sure to take one that you can easily stow when you ride coasters. Also, remember to think about whether or not you're obstructing someone's view when indoors.

I noticed some featherlight cotton shirts in Belk's the other day; I think I might pick up a couple.

Upvote 0

pintraderpayee

I went with some of my students last July (never again due to the sweltering heat). I usually make my annual visit during Easter break, but the clothing advice I give them is the same for Easter or July.

1. Do not wear shorts that allow skin to skin contact. We will be walking ALOT. Sweaty skin and friction are not friends.
2. Light skinned students wear sunscreen, sunburn happens even on cloudy days.
3. Slightly loose cotton tees or shirts with wicking.
4. No flip flops, even comfy ones do not protect you from being stepped on (Soarin' will "eat" your flops, JK!) except at the water parks.
5. A small hand-held battery operated fan. It is HOT waiting in line.
6. Backpack should be an egronomically one-shoulder one with a pinch release on the front for quick removal and storage during a ride.

Have a magical trip and happy early birthday. I hit the big "4-0" this past Oct. I eventually got over it!

6 days until we are Orlando bound with 27 teens on a school bus for 930 miles of smiles:hammer: :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Kadee

This is what I do
1. Shirts: tanks with a built in bra! WONDERFUL! and Walmart has some right now with the wider straps (not the spaghetti straps) for $7!!!!
2. Shorts: Lightweight material (NO DENIM!) that dries quickly and long enough to avoid the friction, as pintrader stated.
3. Shoes: I've worn both tennis shoes and sandals/flipflops in the summer heat. I definitely prefer sandals/flip-flops. Those new croc flip-flops are great. The most comfortable things I've ever had on my feet. I just can not stand for my feet to get hot and tennis shoes make your feet sweat like crazy. I stay much cooler with sandal type shoes.
4. SUNSCREEN!!! SUNSCREEN!!! SUNSCREEN!!! Remember to reapply mid day.
5. Hat and Sunglasses! Get CHEAP sunglasses for the trip. Chances are they will get knocked off your head or dropped and broken. I bring several cheap pair with one of those annoying straps to hold them around your neck.

And the most important tip:
6. WATER, WATER, WATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Skip the sodas and go for the water or even powerade. But water is the best thing you can drink to fight the heat.

Upvote 0

Agent1964fem

Hey I'm going to contribute my 2 cents worth being that I'm 40 something...:D .
We went August yes no typo August 2005 . Our godsend was a cheap dollar store spray bottle. Not the fancy one that they sell at the gift shops for 20 dollars... a cheap dollar store bottle that I carried with us. It was great to stand in line and spray your face arms not down your back ...just for the relief from the heat .
You also make alot of friends waiting in line.:D

Wilderness Lodge 1998
Carribbean Resort 2003
Port Orleans -Riverside 2005
next trip 2007

Upvote 0

Rora

I've become a huge fan of the athletic clothes made with the "quick dry" material. It's lightweight, and if you get wet..say in a typical florida rainshower, or from Splash Mountain your clothes dry quickly and you don't have to walk around feeling like a wet rat :)

Upvote 0

ADevereaux

Original Poster
Thanks for the replies!

All great ideas! Thank you so much for your suggestions! I know summer Florida heat too well and I admit that I'm dreading going in July. :fork: We've already decided that we will leave midday and do the siesta thing. :animwink:

Thanks again!!!!

Upvote 0

crazydaveh

I wear shorts and a tee shirt with sneakers. I love my flip flops, but I have to wear sneakers at the parks!

My wife says knee length shorts are great for ladies. "They may look dorkie but Old Navy has some cute pairs," she says.

Also, we take a small thing of baby powder into the parks with us. This helps in case the friction hits...

Oh, July may have showers, you may want to get a poncho from your neighborhood Wal-Mart or similar store to keep dry in case the 3 PM storms crank up while you're there!

Don't forget to sunscreen your ears! They burn too!

Upvote 0

sarahwiggles99

crazydaveh said:
Oh, July may have showers, you may want to get a poncho from your neighborhood Wal-Mart or similar store to keep dry in case the 3 PM storms crank up while you're there!

quote]

def. bring a rain coat or an umbrella. i went to the parks in july for a week and everyday it rained in the afternoon. sunscreen and a hat is a must. i learned that the hard way. :eek: :D

Upvote 0

sarahwiggles99

crazydaveh said:
I wear shorts and a tee shirt with sneakers. I love my flip flops, but I have to wear sneakers at the parks!

My wife says knee length shorts are great for ladies. "They may look dorkie but Old Navy has some cute pairs," she says.

Also, we take a small thing of baby powder into the parks with us. This helps in case the friction hits...

Don't forget to sunscreen your ears! They burn too!

def. bring a rain coat or an umbrella. i went to the parks in july for a week and everyday it rained in the afternoon. sunscreen and a hat is a must. i learned that the hard way. :eek: :D<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Upvote 0

jrobinson424

a black thong, a black lacy bra, a button up white shirt with the top 2 buttons open, rather tight dressy shorts, and white Keds shoes. Boy that sure would be awesome.

Upvote 0

spook

Me TOO!

I am turning 40:eek: at WDW this July!!

Where better to have such an event than WDW!! I am so looking forward for July to come around, otherwise I'd be depressed and crying in my beers.. :animwink:

Upvote 0

SarahBella82

tigsmom said:
Usually wear shorts and Tee shirts or polo shirts and lots of sunscreen.
A nice sundress and wrap for an evening out. Go with sneakers instead of sandles for walking the parks. I know some people love their walking sandles (can't think of the name), but after having my feet run over and stepped on it was back to sneaks for me.

Just make sure your clothes are comfy, not too tight and easy to move in. :wave:

I always go with Tevas (or L.L. Bean's version of them) for the parks. (I like to jump in puddles during harsh July rain showers!)

Upvote 0

SarahBella82

I would also add (much to many males' disappointment) that a white cotton shirt is probably not the best choice. I know it reflects light and all that, but water rides and rain + white shirt = wardrobe malfunction. Unless you want to celebrate your 40th with a little exhibitionism... :) Have fun!

Upvote 0

robynchic

Tanks with a built-in bra are all right- but if you're a bit on the more endowed side, they're uncomfortable in roller coasters (I have sworn off of wearing that kind of shirt on Space Mountain!)

Definitely shorts- quick-drying board shorts are really airy, so I'm a fan. A light t-shirt with a bikini top or a sports bra underneath. LIGHT socks and sneakers that have been broken in.

If your hair is long, put it back in a high ponytail where you only partially pull it through on the last time, and a visor. A hat may make you overheat.

Upvote 0

Nemo14

robynchic said:
Tanks with a built-in bra are all right- but if you're a bit on the more endowed side, they're uncomfortable in roller coasters (I have sworn off of wearing that kind of shirt on Space Mountain!)

Definitely shorts- quick-drying board shorts are really airy, so I'm a fan. A light t-shirt with a bikini top or a sports bra underneath. LIGHT socks and sneakers that have been broken in.

If your hair is long, put it back in a high ponytail where you only partially pull it through on the last time, and a visor. A hat may make you overheat.
A visor doesn't protect the top of your head though.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom