What to Wear.....in July....... For Ladies......

ADevereaux

Hi Everyone - I'm a newbie! *waves* :wave:

Although I am not new to WDW since I live in FL, it has been at least 20 years since I visited during the summer months. I usually go in off season. However, this July is my *grimaces* 40th birthday and I'll be visiting WDW to survive it. :animwink: :sohappy:

Ok, I am a native Floridian and I know how hot it gets in Fl. :cool: However.....any suggestions on what to wear during the summer months? I'm thinking a sports bra, a button up white blouse over, shorts and sneaks. What do you think?

Thanks for any suggestions!

ADevereaux

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
The discriptors that come to mind are breathable and comfortable. More important than clothes possibly are a good pair of broken in walking shoes. Bring two pair for when the first is drying out from the thunderstorm. Also a good pair of sunglasses.

Upvote 0

Gucci65

I have been to MK for one day in July for the last 14 years and have never encountered rain. Always wished for it (since the parks would clear out somewhat), but never got it. Now watch this July be a torrential downpour.

I try to wear light-weight shorts and shirt (sleeveless) and Tevas. I seem to be cooler when my toes are free. Plus I get to show off my Mickey pedicure.

Oh and 40 is nothing but a number. I turned 40 last August - no big deal. I don't look 40, I don't feel 40 BUT my drivers license insists I'm 40:eek: :lol:

Upvote 0

Ringo8n24

This thread makes me want to go pack for WDW and I have no idea when we will get back there. I just want to have a suitcase ready NOW. You never know, I could spring a surprise long weekend to WDW on myself. Kidding...lots of good ideas on this thread, though.

Upvote 0

MissM

I think a hat is important. I have a "bucket" hat (with Tink on it that I got from WDW) in beige that I wear pretty much every time I go. It's light weight, it's light color but it has a nice, large brim to help shade my face and neck.

I always either split my hair into two braids or one ponytail. It's good to get it off your neck.

Just make sure if you wear a tank or other top with narrow straps that you are attentive to the sunscreen application. Getting burned on your shoulders is murder. You can't wear anything - a bra, a shirt, or a tank is agony against the skin. Shoulders, chest, neck, back, ears - all are important not to overlook.
-m

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom