What to Watch Going Into the Earnings Report

JustAFan

If you're asking about why Disneyland may not open for the rest of 2020 vs WDW opening sometime this year, it is mostly due to how the governments in Florida and California are managing the re-openings of their economy. Nothing to do with Disney's management or environmental issues.
No, I get that. There are local governments that have a say in these things. Thanks for the reply though.

WDWPro said in the original post that "WDW is receiving maintenance and upkeep at an acceptable show scale, Disneyland itself is a different story. It will require major attention before it will be at an acceptable level of care for reopening to guests. All attractions at DLR are powered down completely and are not receiving ANY maintenance. Pathways inside DLR are not being cleaned very often, and are rather unsightly in places with bird droppings. There's actually a serious rat issue..."

I'm wondering why DL is not being maintained at the same level WDW is.

jinx8402

No, I get that. There are local governments that have a say in these things. Thanks for the reply though.

WDWPro said in the original post that "WDW is receiving maintenance and upkeep at an acceptable show scale, Disneyland itself is a different story. It will require major attention before it will be at an acceptable level of care for reopening to guests. All attractions at DLR are powered down completely and are not receiving ANY maintenance. Pathways inside DLR are not being cleaned very often, and are rather unsightly in places with bird droppings. There's actually a serious rat issue..."

Ah ok. I didn't go back to the OP and forgot he mentioned that in this thread.

SoFloMagic

Many others have disputed those claims. OP walked them back a bit saying his info may be old. Or maybe this is frozen 2 all over again...

WDW Pro

Original Poster
Thanks for the summary, WDWPro. I'm sorry if this has already been answered, but I didn't see it with a quick scan of the 10 pages. If I comprehend correctly, WDW is in better shape than DL. I wonder why. Poor management? Something environmental? Other concerns?

In the present I believe DL is receiving good care again. That's primarily due to the easing of some restrictions in California and in Disney having more cast on site with proper protocols.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom