What to Replace Stitch's Great escape with?

FettFan

I love Lilo and stitch I think they should keep the stitch theme (because he's my best friend) so stitch should not go while the ride is no more also the first time I went to Disney world was 2003 when I was about 3 and I wanted to know when did AE become stitch?

IIRC, Alien Encounter closed down in 2003. Stitch opened in 2004.

The problem with Stitch isn't Stitch himself....it's the fact that they dumbed down the entire ride to put Stitch in.
The original setup was that the building was the Tomorrowland Interplanetary Convention Center, and had been rented by the X-S Corporation to showcase their new line of interplanetary transporters. The friendly aliens who ran X-S were going to beam their CEO Clench (played by Jeffrey Jones) into the building to give a salespitch....but something goes wrong, Clench is beamed to another planet instead. The techies panic, retrieve him, and send him to the center....but they get the giant insect alien instead. Cue chaos as the giant bug runs amok in the theater.

Now its..."guard the naughty prisoner until he decides to be nice". Which is complete bullhockey.
Had they kept the same X-S Tech storyline, I don't think Stitch would be hated nearly as much.

EDIT -- And part of me thinks that the reason to axe X-S completely was because Jones was arrested in 2002 for soliciting a 14 year old boy and possession of kiddie .
1284123330_chris-hansen-gif.gif

imagineer boy

Why does every attraction need to be connected to a character, especially in Tomorrowland? Seems as if every attraction repacement caters to and reinforces an ever increasing short attention span society.

That's sadly the truth. Disney pretty much will not build a new attraction unless it has marketable characters plastered all over it.

RedFurredCadet

Do you reckon taking TDL's undeveloped idea of an intergalactic zoo, and materialising it (even if it means some if its star attractants the alien experiments) would make it a thumbs up of a good replacement?

Also, since I haven't ridden the ride, I am sitting the fence, relying on hearsay, but I guess given the reviews, SGE somehow does the blue furred experiment a little reputational disservice. Amen?

JonUWStout

I would LOVE to see an attraction based on Treasure Planet. It's a movie that is completely underrated and fits in perfectly with the theme of tomorrowland. You could also do something based around Wall-E. It might also be cool to see something based around Atlantis. There are so many things that you could do with tomorrowland! In my past experiences in the parks it seems as though Tomorrowland is the most neglected area of the park, and in my own opinion its kind of sad because there is so much you could do with it.

RunnerFool

if they made Stitch's great escape more of a ride, that would be cool :D

EDIT: they could get rid of it and use the funds to bring back vmk :(
yeah, it's been five years.. but one can dream!

Meredith

IIRC, Alien Encounter closed down in 2003. Stitch opened in 2004.

The problem with Stitch isn't Stitch himself....it's the fact that they dumbed down the entire ride to put Stitch in.
The original setup was that the building was the Tomorrowland Interplanetary Convention Center, and had been rented by the X-S Corporation to showcase their new line of interplanetary transporters. The friendly aliens who ran X-S were going to beam their CEO Clench (played by Jeffrey Jones) into the building to give a salespitch....but something goes wrong, Clench is beamed to another planet instead. The techies panic, retrieve him, and send him to the center....but they get the giant insect alien instead. Cue chaos as the giant bug runs amok in the theater.

Now its..."guard the naughty prisoner until he decides to be nice". Which is complete bullhockey.
Had they kept the same X-S Tech storyline, I don't think Stitch would be hated nearly as much.
Thank you for the info I must have not been lucky enough to be able to go on but at least I got to see Stitch!:D Anyway thank you for all of that.
EDIT -- And part of me thinks that the reason to axe X-S completely was because Jones was arrested in 2002 for soliciting a 14 year old boy and possession of kiddie .
1284123330_chris-hansen-gif.gif

litaljohn

hmmm, it's and odd setup space in its current form to replace the attraction with much. so how about something show like, something educational and something to entice people to go to it?

I'll say the first "pre show area will start with a b level actor playing an astrophysicist. he starts with a wide image of our galaxy, (assisted somehow by skippy) as he continues he breaks down little bits of how stars and galaxies themselves work going smaller and smaller until they cut to an image of the audience in the room as the actor gets to the point and let's the crowd know "so clearly, the world does not revolve around you" allow time for pity laughter and then move on to the show.

The show itself is essentially a comical look at common courtesy, and basic manners. essentially pit one spaceman themed character against his foil by examples with negative, but lighthearted outcomes for the guy who behaves poorly. As a thank you for going through the attraction you get a randomly generated fastpass ticket for an attraction in the park.
and just call the ride "on what planet was that a good idea?"

The Mighty Tim

How about Horizons 2.0? Since the original was originally a spiritual successor to Carousel of Progress, why not have it in Tomorrowland as opposed to EPCOT?

Figmentation

I'm always for something OTHER than Stitch. I mean I enjoyed the Mission to Mars in that area more than that ride.

And of course, a updated Alien Encounter would be nice. *HINT HINT WINK WINK*

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom