What to Replace Stitch's Great escape with?

rnese

Why does every attraction need to be connected to a character, especially in Tomorrowland? Seems as if every attraction repacement caters to and reinforces an ever increasing short attention span society. I have mentioned it before here.... I'd like to see Virgin Galactic sponsor an attraction in the spirit of Mission to Mars, that explores the new and developing space tourism industry. Spaceport America is built and operational in New Mexico. Tomorrowland would be an excellent portal to advertise the industry and allow people who will never be able to afford a ride into space an opportunity to get a glimpse. Heck, the old Circle Vision 360 concept could return to Tomorrowland with a space tourism component. Think of all the orbital footage alone from ISS and space shuttle missions. I just think alot more could be done to Tomorrowland than just attractions revolving around characters that would be more suitable for say... DHS.
I'm feeling you! I'd like that in EPCOT.

rnese

hmmm, it's and odd setup space in its current form to replace the attraction with much. so how about something show like, something educational and something to entice people to go to it?

I'll say the first "pre show area will start with a b level actor playing an astrophysicist. he starts with a wide image of our galaxy, (assisted somehow by skippy) as he continues he breaks down little bits of how stars and galaxies themselves work going smaller and smaller until they cut to an image of the audience in the room as the actor gets to the point and let's the crowd know "so clearly, the world does not revolve around you" allow time for pity laughter and then move on to the show.

The show itself is essentially a comical look at common courtesy, and basic manners. essentially pit one spaceman themed character against his foil by examples with negative, but lighthearted outcomes for the guy who behaves poorly. As a thank you for going through the attraction you get a randomly generated fastpass ticket for an attraction in the park.
and just call the ride "on what planet was that a good idea?"
It's MANDATORY viewing for South American Tour Groups!

Phineas

Remember when Disney used to make attractions featuring original characters and songs? I would love to see a return to that in some form. Stitch, while not my favorite character, is genuinely likable, but used in such a wrong way here. And if they MUST use an established property, why not use TRON? It wouldn't feel out of place, and there's just so much you could do with it-who doesn't want to ride a light cycle? You could combine Space Mountain's dark roller coaster set up with arcade elements thrown in like in Space Ranger Spin, themed to TRON. Get Daft Punk to do the score, and Jeff Bridges to appear as the ride host, and you potentially would have a pretty great attraction.
On our last trip, I queued up for SGE, legitimately curious if it was as bad as I remembered, or if my feelings were amplified by reading posts here. As soon as the restraints lowered, and pressed just too hard on my shoulders...I realized that yes, this attraction was rubbish. It's almost like the imagineers knew it wasn't top-shelf material, as ALL the audience reaction I heard in the darkness was canned. The restraints were taken off, and I looked at my family, and said "Never again."
I hope that we can look forward to a (better executed) unveiling of a "New Tomorrowland" project in the foreseeable future.

cynic710

I think a wall-e dark ride could be cool. the backstory can be we are from space and tasked with returning with wall-e to earth with the newly found plant and start the re-growing efforts. could be really cool.

Monorail Mike

A sponsor would be a good start. A few years ago, there was a big uproar over rumors of the COP closing. Marty Sklar wrote back to the save-the-carousel petition organizer: "...if the time comes when we have the need, a "better idea," and the funding, I will be the first in line to change out the Carousel."
So if any of you are executives in a big company with lots of extra money, then sign up to sponsor the old "Mission to Mars" building and put something really cool there!

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
I think the real shortfalls of the attraction are the harnesses being stupid and the chili dog smell. Other than that... I kinda' like it... sorry.
Either way, it does need to be replaced; that much is obvious. It's just an awkward space to try to fill.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom