What to pack for April?

CAPTAIN HOOK

I have always gone in the fall so not sure what to take for April. Are the pools and water parks warm enough to do a lot of swimming? Should we take sweatshirts and pants or mostly shorts?
April can be a strange month. Our first ever trip was in April 1994 - it was scorching hot, all day every day. We've been in April since then and had a mixed bag of weather.
Take clothes suitable for warm / hot spring weather but pack a sweatshirt and a pair of long pants just in case.
As for the pools, if its hot enough for shorts then its hot enough to swim (we were swimming during our December 08 trip).

Upvote 0

jonabyte

It also depends where you are coming from. We live in Ontario and what seems cold to native Floridians can be warm to us. But I have been there and it's very hot.
Myself, I always bring a pair or pants and sweater just in case and the rest shorts and t's

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
I agree with everyone above. It is common for cold (cool to Northerners) fronts to come in suddenly. Not what you might consider cold, but cool enough that a light jacket or sweatshirt would be appreciated - especially when the sun goes down and/or the wind picks up.

Upvote 0

piglet1

I suggest you not only check a site like Accuweather for the averages for the time you are going, but also check the forecast right up to your departure day (it changes regularly in the Orlando area and was was forecast a week ago could be very different today) and make last minute adjustments to your packing based on it.

Along with a sweatshirt (as others have suggested) we always bring a parka that can be folded up and tucked in a purse or bad. That way, if you are heading out early in the morning, you can wear the parka then stuff it away as the day warms up. Likewise, if you are out before dusk, you can pull it out when the sun goes down

Have a great trip!

Upvote 0

petersenjp

Will be there mid april....And right now, coming from the Midwest, I will be in shorts and a t the whole time...Anything above 30 is a plus ;)

Seriously though, the weather can jump a lot in april. Layer Layer Layer.

Upvote 0

Fizban

Pack layers. days will most likely be warm enough for shorts and tank tops but we have had occasional cold fronts come through. Anything after April is just hot up till late October.

Upvote 0

RMichael21

I have always gone in the fall so not sure what to take for April. Are the pools and water parks warm enough to do a lot of swimming? Should we take sweatshirts and pants or mostly shorts?
We were there mid-april in 2013. The temperature really isn't (sort of) a problem, it's mainly the humidity. I would pack mostly warm clothing, but 1 pair of pants and a sweatshirt just in case. And you should definitely bring a bathing suit(s). The pools will most likely be warm enough and Kali River Rapids/Splash Mountain should be a good ride to cool off on as well.

Upvote 0

TinkaBella

I was there just this past April and it was hot! The pools and water parks were open. I would pack shorts and t shirts for the daytime; I would take maybe a pair of pants and a sweatshirt for evening/night. That was my experience.

Upvote 0

andy773

We were just there February 11 - 16. We had several days where it was in the 40's when we got up in morning. By the afternoon, it always got up to at least 70. Layers worked great. Light jacket in the morning that would come off in the afternoon. Also, if you want to do anything like Splash Mountain or Kali Rapids, bring some disposable ponchos. I got a bunch on Amazon for under $1 each.

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest

I agree that its a weird time to pack for. Layers are key. When I went in April, I wore capris and a short sleeve shirt every day and at night, froze b/c I didn't pack enough jeans/pants and sweaters/jackets. One night my DH and I both froze to death. But in the day, it was lovely. Not humid and just sunny with a breeze. We did use the pool but I can't say we used it a lot.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom