what to order at tony's

maryszhi

Original Poster
my friend really wants to go there so i made reservations for one of our first nights. what should i order? i have been before but have been disappointed. i wanted to try something different or something people recommend.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
That's a great question...I've put off Tonys each year as I suspected it was poor food. But, I've read great reviews. I'd love to hear suggestions!

Sweet Melissa

I would basically advise that you order the dish that's least familiar to you. If you see a favorite on the menu, don't order that, because it probably won't be prepared how you're used to it/how you make it/how Nonna made it/whatever. If you love pasta? Order a meat dish. It's a survival strategy. You're a good friend.

afar28

I've been there 3 times and everyone who I have went with never had a bad meal. My favorite meal is the NY strip steak, but the Lasagna and spaghettit & meatballs are extraordinary too

maryszhi

Original Poster
I would basically advise that you order the dish that's least familiar to you. If you see a favorite on the menu, don't order that, because it probably won't be prepared how you're used to it/how you make it/how Nonna made it/whatever. If you love pasta? Order a meat dish. It's a survival strategy. You're a good friend.
he is paying for my booze at food and wine fest......

Mukta

Personally, I think their marinara sauce is terrible, so I would order something that doesn't have marinara.

Minthorne

I understand most people don't eat what they order there. There are quite a few stray dogs hanging out at the back alley entrance looking for left over hand outs. Apparently dogs find hte food there very tasty.

crispy

My two favorite things on the menu are the calimari (I LOVE the olive relish!) and the lemon walnut cake. I also though the lasagna was decent, and DH really enjoyed the shrimp scampi pasta. I have also had the chicken parm. The chicken was pretty good, but the pasta and sauce were just okay.

wiigirl

I had the chicken parm and it was good. The lemon walnut cake for dessert is amazingly good.

I had the chicken parm.....was really really good. :)
75.gif

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I have had both the chicken parm and spaghetti with meatballs, and I thought both were very good. Not the best italian, but certainly not the worst either.

BrittanyRose428

I really liked the chicken parm there. I'm not saying the sauce or anything is anywhere close to authentic Italian, but if it tasted good who cares? Its in a theme park! haha.

NYwdwfan

I have never eaten there but my friend said the shrimp scampi was quite tasty and she's a pretty picky eater. Can't beat the location! I'm sure if you go with pretty low expectations you will be pleasantly surprised.

paul436

my friend really wants to go there so i made reservations for one of our first nights. what should i order? i have been before but have been disappointed. i wanted to try something different or something people recommend.
I can't recommend anything at that restaurant. I've gone twice with large groups (7 - 10 people) and nobody really enjoyed their meal.

Gator

I can't recommend anything at that restaurant. I've gone twice with large groups (7 - 10 people) and nobody really enjoyed their meal.

This is what scares the crap out of me. I've heard some good reviews, and then I read something like this. I just wonder how something could be that bad and not changed anything for so long.

reptar77

I'm continually disappointed with the food. I cannot recommend anything. I do have a lot of pictures if you want to see what the dishes look like.
We stopped eating there last year.

SweetEvangeline

We ate there in September and I had the chicken parmesan. I thought it was quite yummy. It wasn't the absolute best Italian food I've ever eaten, but I would go back. DH had the strip steak and he enjoyed it as well. Our desserts were delicious. I had the tiramisu and DH had pistachio creme brulee which he raved over.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom