What to do when you're lonesome for Disney???

supapampam

- - visit here plus a couple of other sites.
- - look through old pictures
- - listen to music
- - watch videos
- - plan ahead for future trips
- - sometimes I make up dream trips like my 'Around the World in Disney Days' where if I won the big lotto I would fly around the world stopping at each park.

TheFoeHammer

My longing list

It's not fair for me to respond since we are leaving for WDW in 1 week, but since we go every year, I have a definite prioritized list of handling the "I wish I was at Disney World" blues.

1. Plan my next trip.
2. Watch movies from my old trip.
3. Hang out on WDW fan websites.
4. Listen to the Official Magic Album CD with all the tunes from the parks and shows.
5. Make my plans to move to Florida, so I can go every weekend! (7 more years, 7 more years, just 7 more years.)

TheFoeHammer

Correction

Laughing Place Store and others seem to have the CD. Just do a Google search for "WDW Official Magic Album CD". They have several versions from different years and even some DVDs available as well.

diddy_mouse

- hang out on the boards
- pop in a Planning DVD
- watch classic resort TV, "Top 7," attraction ride-throughs, fireworks, and parades that my husband burned to DVDs (thanx internet!)
- look at past photos and travel guides
- listen to park music
- plan the next trip!

DisneyDellsDude

nillyp said:
I also have a huge jar in my room that I have decorated as my Disney Fund. I put lots of stickers and stuff all over it (and yes, I'm 23) and I always put my loose change in there. Also, I sell a lot of stuff on eBay and put that money into my Disney Fund. Seeing the money pile up in my jar gets me really excited about planning my next trip and going.

We do that too!!
And in about 5 months, we had $100!!!

sbkline said:
Where can I get this CD that I keep seeing people mention, that has all the attraction tunes on it?

For any park merchandise, including the CD's and videos from the parks, you can email wdw.mail.order@disneyworld.com or call (407)363-6200 for the mail order department. :wave:

I suggest the Illuminations CD (my personal favorite!) though it may make you teary eyed, then again when your missing WDW what doesn't make you teary eyed?

blackerbys17

Well, I love the food at Disney so I have a few goodies that make me feel like I'm back at "home" at WDW. First and foremost, do you know that delicious smell that eminates from Main Street by the ice cream shop? Well, Coldstone Creamery (an ice cream store) smell JUST LIKE that! Seriously!!! See if you have one near you and go in. They are very popular and usually there is a long wait, mmmm, just like at WDW! :lol:

Secondly, DH loves the sweet pretzels at Tomorrowland. You can get the same ones at BJs at the food section.

Lastly, buy some Orville popcorn, it's the same kind that Disney uses. I put mine in my popcorn container that I got from Main Street, delish! :slurp: ]

I also watch youtube, listen to live 365, obviously come here, and stuff like that. And, when all else fails, go to your local Disney Store. If you look closely, Disney is all around you!

blackerbys17

Ooooo, I forgot, I am also an avid VMK player. I even have my own virtual ride through 8 different disney rides. Come check it out sometime, at VMK I am known as ILuvTink. See ya around! :wave:

amykissangel

Original Poster
Does anyone ever wish they'd win the lottery, but only for the express purpose of visiting Disney and staying at a Deluxe once a month? (And never having to work again so you CAN go every month?) Better yet, simply buy a suit at the GF and live there?;) No, I'm serious.

CoffeeJedi

amykissangel said:
Does anyone ever wish they'd win the lottery, but only for the express purpose of visiting Disney and staying at a Deluxe once a month? (And never having to work again so you CAN go every month?) Better yet, simply buy a suit at the GF and live there?;) No, I'm serious.
ALL. THE. TIME.
Any time i'm at work, frustrated at my boss, feeling stressed from approaching deadlines, and worried because money is tight; i start to imagine myself doing just that... winning the lottery and living at WDW. No more work, no more deadlines, no more bills, no more stress.

But then i'd probably feel guilty that i was a useless blob who's spending his life riding Pirates of the Caribbean. Maybe i could set up a charity with all my newfound wealth to help poor kids go to Disney or something...

Mr Starky

amykissangel said:

Amen! Would I enjoy having God bless my wife and I with the lottery winnings? Absolutely. I would count it a true blessing. Yes it would provide an avenue through which my wife and I could take time off from everyday life and have fun time at the most fun place, that we know of, on Earth. When I think of this situation, though, I tend to find my thoughts drifting to thinking about everyone I would be able to bless with that money. Kids who live a disadvantaged life, sick people of all ages (laughter is one of the best medicines known). Family. When my wife and I were married (11 yrs ago). We originally planned for a 12 day honeymoon. It ended up being 13 days because my wife had never been to WDW. There are 2 looks I will never forget. 1st the sad look after we took off from Aruba. She explained to me that she imagined WDW to be something like Six Flags (I SAID NOTHING TO HER). Although Six Flags is a fun place, it lacks the ambience of WDW. The second look was when I took her for the first time, anywhere in WDW, into the Magic Kingdom, at night, when all the lights are on. We walked in the front gates and as we began to get to the front of main street where you can see the castle, HER JAW DROPPED AND SHE BEGAN TO CRY. I giggled :) a little and said welcome to Disney world honey. It was as if the kid in her just jumped out. At the end of our stay we were standing near the castle just before the closing of the park. I asked her if she wanted to stay an extra day. Again she shed tears and, of course, said yes. So when we went back to the room I made all the arrangements to stay an extra day. WDW is truly a place for some of the most impactfull family memories a family can make. I remember when we began planning our Honeymoon. My wife agreed to go to WDW because she said it seemed like I really wanted to go. In other words she was doing me a favor. LITTLE DID SHE KNOW WHAT SHE WAS IN FOR. It is always the first place we think of when we begin to think about taking time off. Keep dreaming everyone. Dreams really do come true. Blessings to everyone. See you at Walts World.:wave:

WDWPrnces02

OMG...I going through a major withdrawls here too.....

So to curve the cravings id listen to live 365, watch anything on the tv about wdw, try to plan a vacation ASAP!!!!!!!!

My last vaca was in july 2004.....im way overdue.......:cry: :wave: :cry:

PineapplePrincess

lonesome 4 Disney

Okay, so I thought I was the only person who thinks about Disney morning, noon, and night. I can't tell my family...they think I talk about it too much already. Anyway visiting this site sometimes makes it worse. I just went in April, but I'm dying to go back! I think I'll secretly watch my vacation planning DVD tonite.:animwink:

PineapplePrincess

Okay, so I thought I was the only person who thinks about Disney morning, noon, and night. I can't tell my family...they think I talk about it too much already. Anyway visiting this site sometimes makes it worse. I just went in April, but I'm dying to go back! I think I'll secretly watch my vacation planning DVD tonite.:animwink:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom