What to do first?

Joy Peace

Original Poster
Ok so I know what to do first at AK (go straight to safari grab EE fastpass of the way) but what about the other parks? What are your suggestions?:shrug:

michelemily

that is exactly my plan for animal kingdom too, but the morning we are there we are also having breakfast with donald and we are in the park a 8am, which is one hour before the park opens so we can hopefully be first on line for the safari.........my plan for epcot is to hit test track and grab a fast pass for soarin on the way there....those are the two biggies there.....i haven't got a plan of attack for DHS yet because there is so much i want to do there.....

disney21

this is what we usually do!

For Epcot- Definitely Soarin!
For MK- Either Space or Splash, whichever direction you feel like going first!
For DHS- down sunset blvd. and fastpass Tot or RRc (and ride the other one)

This is how it went last year:

Magic Kingdom: Usually head into FrontierLand and hit up Splash Mountain and Big Thunder. Fast pass one if necessary while you do the other one. Tomorrowland is another good place to hit first if your prefer.

Epcot: The Land. Get Soarin done. That ride has some crazy wait times later in the day

Disney Hollywood Studios: Tower and RnR. If you prefer not to do the more intense rides first thing in the morning, the GMR is fun first thing :)

Dukeblue1016

this is what we usually do!

For Epcot- Definitely Soarin!
For MK- Either Space or Splash, whichever direction you feel like going first!
For DHS- down sunset blvd. and fastpass Tot or RRc (and ride the other one)

to go on that... get a fastpass for Soarin and then get in line... because you're gonna wanna do it again!!!

MK... I usually go straight for Space Mountain and try to do it twice...

DHS... definitely the way to go... as said... you can usually get on both of them twice... if literally first thing in the morning...

wdwmomof3

What we normally do is the following,

At AK we grab a FP for EE and jump in line and ride it. Then we head over to KS and jump in line. We are there when the park opens so the wait is not to long at all. Then we catch a show, lunch and reride EE with the fast pass, then what ever we want.

At MK we head for for the mountains and get a FP for one then do the other.

At Epcot, we head for Soarin and grab a FP and jump in line to ride it. Once we are done, we go to Test Track and ride. Later we return for our FP at Soarin.

At MGM, sorry DHS, we get a FP for RR and ride ToT. If the line is not long when we get off we get in line for RR.

The key for us is to ALWAYS have a FP in hand, even if we don't need it. :)

disneygirl1

For Ak, I used to always head straight to Africa for KS, but now that EE is open, I head there, get fast passes, then head to KS, since it's still early, the line isn't too long yet.

For MK, I hear right to Space get fast Passes and get in line for Buzz

For DHS, I head stright down Sunset Blvd... Once I determine which ride, ToT or RcRc has the lonest wait, I grab a fast pass for that ride and get in line for the other...

For Epcot, I definately grab a fast pass for Soarin' and then ride living w/the land while I wait...

SAV

You never mentioned if you have Kids. We do, so at Epcot, we Hustle over to get the FP for Soarin' and then go over to the Living Seas with Nemo to get that out of the way. Then it's over to Test Track and grab a Fast Pass for me and my oldest.

At M.K., We head back to Dumbo and get the FP for Pooh.

At DHS, we don't really rush to anything.

Joy Peace

Original Poster
Nope no kids with us just me and the hubby. Kids staying with grandparents so we can celebrate our 15th anniversary! Whoo Hoo:sohappy::sohappy:

Joy Peace

Original Poster
So it seems to be that everyone hits the most popular rides first and then with those out of the way you can enjoy the rest of the day. Yes?

hpyhnt 1000

Magic Kingdom:
- Get a fastpass for Splash and hop on Big Thunder Mtn. RR, or vice versa. Basically, whichever has the longer wait, we get the pass for that and wait stand-by in the shorter line.

Disney's Hollywood Studios:
- Grab a fastpass for Rock n Roller Coaster and wait stand-by for Tower of Terror.

Epcot
- Grab a fastpass for Soarin', then go on Living with the Land. By the time we're done with that, its time for Soarin' before heading for Test Track and Mission:SPACE.

ccmuffin2

MK if you are there at opening
two options
option 1 :
Head to space mountain get a fast pass jump on line and ride the right track , come out and use the fast pass and ride the left track.Maybe sneak in a Buzz ride.
option 2 : jump on the train and jump off at Frontier land grab a fast pass for Splash since it 12 - 15 Min long and ride Thunder mountain once or twice..before Splash down...

wvdisneyfamily

The AK depends on what time of day we get there. If it is the morning, we go to the safari. If it is the evening, we go to EE.
MK is always Space Mountain first.
Epcot is always Soarin' first thing.
MGM is always Rock'n'Roller Coaster first.

IndyDisney

MK - Splash, FP BTMR, PotC
MGM (will always be to me) - ToT, FP RnR, ToT, RnR, FP ToT, RnR, ToT, and then Star Tours

We usually just take our time at Epcot and wonder around. Not necessarily the best plan, but it works out.

righttrack

Epcot - the difficult decision of Soarin or Test Track first. Both have horrible wait times later in the day.

MK - Always seems to be SM. Never tried the dual BTMRR/Splash combo. My kids are SM kids, all the way.

AK - EE, 2x followed by a trip to fastpass the Safari. We explore Africa, the bands, etc., and consider a trip to Dinoland if the wait is long.

HS - Easy. the dual-RNRRC/ToT ride, then its off to GMR and Star Tours.

I think you need to get to your favorite first, in each park, unless your favorite is not that popular.

SAV

Epcot - the difficult decision of Soarin or Test Track first. Both have horrible wait times later in the day.

The way I look at this decision is that Test Track has the single rider line, which seems to move along really quickly. So without kids, I would do Soarin' with the FP and then while you are waiting, head over to TT and use the single rider line.

Think about it, during the ride you aren't actually doing anything where you would need to be right next to each other or in the same car.

With Kids, I would still get the FP for Soarin' first since they "sell out" right away adn the FP's for TT are available a little later in the day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom