Trip Report What time is it? MICKEY TIME. August 2014

Is it entirely possible to have two extremely amazing Disney trips in a row? One would think the first trip’s fun and happiness could not be duplicated again…

Unfortunately, I am home. Real home. Not my Disney World bubble. Getting over this harsh reality is like a kick straight to the stomach, after eating a really gigantic meal. What is this life I live? Why am I not waking up on property? Oh the harsh truths we must face when exiting that bubble! Writing a trip report will help cure my Disney depression, it’s a statement I keep uttering to myself while I slowly grip the fact that my trip is OVER. WHAT?! Months of planning and excitement and poof! DONE. GONE. Is it time to go back yet? PLEASE?! Peeling the magicband off my wrist was painful.. PAINFUL I TELL YOU!!

imagejpg7_zps1262d39b.jpg

My name’s Nicole and I am a Disney freak. (I’m the girl on the left.) If there ever is a rehab program for people who are overly obsessed with Disney, you can bet some of my friends, my boyfriend, and my family would check me right in. I love the little mermaid, and change my favorite park depending on the day. I don’t know what my favorite ride is, some days it’s Soarin’, some days it’s Splash, sometimes it’s even Tower of Terror. Whatever is the last ride I’ve been on, that’s the one I will probably tell you. Ugh, I’m indecisive!

b02728cf-23d5-46e2-acf1-6a26b9d6b599_zps5fe4c65c.png

For those who didn’t follow along on my pre-trip report, here’s a quick recap. I flew to Disney World August 17th, and stayed at the Wilderness Lodge until August 21st. The lovely people of WDWmagic convinced us to upgrade from Art of Animation since we had a pin code. From there it was off to Port Canaveral, for my first ever Disney cruise, let alone cruise. Had three nights on the Disney Dream, and then back to Orlando for a day at Downtown Disney. I came home late August 24th, which gave me 8 full days immersed in Disney. This trip was the second trip with my best friend; we went last July for 10 days and had a wonderful, unforgettable time. We knew Disney missed us. :)

Originally, we were supposed to go in June and stay at Art of Animation, then go on the Dream, but due to massive amounts of snowstorms in lovely New Jersey this past winter, we had to postpone to August. Now everyone was warning me about the heat, and let me just tell you all, YOU WERE RIGHT. It may have been the hottest, sweatiest (sorry!) trip of my life, but it was one that I will never forget.

Shall I begin?

It all started not too long ago, at the wee hours in the morning.

IMG_1685_zpsa8effceb.jpg

I slept at my friend’s house so her parents could take us to the airport for our flight at 5:59 in the morning. We would be in Disney at 8:30 A.M. Who needs sleep?

Made it though security fairly quickly, and decided it was perfectly acceptable to eat our first meal of the day at 4:30 A.M.

First food picture of the trip! LOL.. and it’s in bags.. Big fail, Nicole.

IMG_1686_zps100779e9.jpg

IMG_1687_zpsca936d7d.jpg

IMG_1688_zps99d8f598.jpg

Probably not a good idea to drink iced coffee when you are aiming to sleep on the flight down, but with all that excitement I guess it didn’t matter! Do you guys remember the commercial with the little boy who says, “I’m too excited to sleep!” Yep, that’s me in a nutshell on Disney eve.

We took so long eating, we didn’t realize our plane had already boarded and as we were walking to the gate, we heard them announce the final boarding call. We booked it! Could you imagine if we missed our flight? Oh the horror! I don’t know why we didn’t realize that you’d need to be on the plane prior to 5:59 in order for it to take off. Hey, it was early. I’m using that excuse :)

IMG_1691_zps52acb54c.jpg

IMG_1692_zps857b0b68.jpg

We made it on and were off! My friend slept for maybe 20 minutes, I didn’t sleep at all. Too much excitement! We read and chatted about what was yet to come.

We landed early (YESS!!!), and navigated our way like champs to the B side of the airport. Last year we got lost…this year we were pros. Haha.

IMG_1693_zpsfabcc90a.jpg

We scanned our matching pink magic bands at the magical express counter, saw that first mickey head light up green, and we’re off! It was time for our first Disney ride of the trip…a bus ride!

IMG_1696_zps0d56d9a9.jpg

Wilderness Lodge, get ready for us!!

Disney Shib

Girlfrienddddd we're waitinggggg! LOL. This TR is making me so antsy for my October trip with my best friend. And i totally feel the pain about your boyfriend thinking you love her more. My fiance likes to joke that I cheat on him with Disney lol..

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
We returned from our trip in early August and while my husband doesn't get the Disney blues, my 11 year old daughter and I do. I can't even check the My Disney Experience app to quiz her on ride wait times now that we are home. Anyway. She wasn't feeling so great tonight so I showed her this video and she definitely cheered up a bit. She said she couldn't wait until she was older to visit with her best friend. Great report!

I am so glad I could make her feel a bit better! I get horrible post disney depression, I think after this report I won't be able to look at the forums for a little :( I want to go back!

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Wishes!! My favorite. My daughter, Allie, and I watched Wishes on youtube the other night. Made us homesick for MK! LOVE the pistachio creme brûlée at Tony's. One of my favorite Disney desserts ever!!!

The creme brulee was amazing! I never ever get that around here, so in Disney it's a real treat!

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Yay!!! I've sooooo enjoyed your trip report so far! I'm really excited about the next part because we have our first ever Disney cruise booked for June in Norway! So I'm so excited to read about your take on the Disney Cruise!!!! Love your excitement and love for Disney!

I would love to go on the Disney cruise to Norway, so I must admit I am super envious of you! You will have a wonderful time!! :)

Thanks for reading!

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Girlfrienddddd we're waitinggggg! LOL. This TR is making me so antsy for my October trip with my best friend. And i totally feel the pain about your boyfriend thinking you love her more. My fiance likes to joke that I cheat on him with Disney lol..

Glad I'm not the only one! LOL my boyfriend likes Disney but he just doesn't wanna go with me all the time! How rude! LOL.. your trip is so soon!!!

awheartsdw

I am so glad I could make her feel a bit better! I get horrible post disney depression, I think after this report I won't be able to look at the forums for a little :( I want to go back!
I've actually been reading the forums just so I can live vicariously through others who have recently been or will be going soon! Looks like our next visit will be November, 2015. A little more than a year, we can be patient. Maybe.

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Day 5...

So I know everyone is dyingggggggg to hear about the cruise, and I promise, I'll get there! The Disney Cruise line bus was not coming for us until 11 AM.. so we had a few more hours left on property! Bare with me :) LOL

First things first, breakfast.

IMG_2658_zps5fc575da.jpg

We enjoyed our last meal at Roaring Fork. Muffins, pastries, bagels. Things have not changed. We ate outside and did some final exploring of the wonderful lodge.

IMG_2659_zps54662ce5.jpg

I think I belong here.

IMG_2660_zps38ce8019.jpg

How freaking gorgeous is this place? I know, I have posted way too many photos of this resort, but I am in love!

IMG_2661_zps8c487e01.jpg

IMG_2662_zps320987c1.jpg

IMG_2663_zps69afaf98.jpg

One day I want to stay here during Christmas. It just gives off that winter time cozy flannel pajamas vibe. I would love to stay here during a blizzard, but we all know that's not possible. But then again, this is Disney we're talking about! They can make any dream come true!

IMG_2664_zpse2217cb1.jpg

The pool was pretty empty in the morning!

IMG_2665_zps1f801903.jpg

IMG_2666_zpse224ab16.jpg

There's the slide!

IMG_2667_zps4333f39b.jpg

IMG_2668_zps5201ebe2.jpg

Nobody's on the road, nobody's on the beach...

IMG_2669_zps42338618.jpg

Why thanks for welcoming me home! We strolled around, we were on a mission to find the 24 hour quiet pool!

IMG_2670_zps91363e67.jpg

Ta-da! Extremely QUIET!

IMG_2671_zpse58db790.jpg

I'm not sure if it's always this quiet, but man it was peaceful! We sat on some lounge chairs for awhile, just sipping our Disney mugs and enjoying the scenery. If you ever stay at Wilderness Lodge, go find the quiet pool!

IMG_2672_zpsc875d39b.jpg

IMG_2675_zps4a30a3f4.jpg

Walked back to main area, and took some more scenic shots. Who knows when and if we'd ever be back to this wonderful resort! I want to stay at every resort, but I just might have to repeat this one. It's too pretty!!!!

IMG_2676_zps74f87fcb.jpg

IMG_2677_zpsa2d51401.jpg

IMG_2678_zps7d7a6007.jpg

Are we in Florida?!

IMG_2679_zps6e1556a0.jpg

My heart belongs to Wilderness Lodge.

PirateTink

Love your report!!! I'd claim you and your bestie as friends of mine in a heartbeat! :p the videos are awesome, I never knew about that app! Can't wait to read about the cruise :D

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
We have escaped each other! Oh no!! Haha

IMG_2680_zpscd6d6212.jpg

IMG_2681_zps0ae245fa.jpg

I'm sorry if you are sick of these pictures, but every angle of the Wilderness Lodge is just so darn photogenic, that I can't help but post them all. Keep scrolling.. haha. We snapped away like crazy people.

IMG_2682_zps62a03169.jpg

IMG_2683_zps84db4ca8.jpg

Self-timer photos. I think they turned out fairly well.

IMG_2685_zps16d9fe04.jpg

Wilderness Lodge, 2014.

IMG_2686_zps6c32d6f8.jpg

IMG_2687_zps366ae341.jpg

I'm home!

IMG_2688_zpsc715532f.jpg

This was supposed to be a heart, not a circle LOL

IMG_2690_zps1184b44d.jpg

After taking one too many photos, we trucked back up to our room, for our final good-bye. A man came to pick up our luggage, and informed us that our waistlines would be expanding on the cruise. Really, sir?! Is it truly possible I could eat more than I did in Disney World?

We packed our carry-ons and said good-bye to the best room ever. May all who enter room 6010 treat it with respect! :)

IMG_2692_zps3dcdef3e.jpg

We had to meet up with our cruise line lady, down by the fireplace in the lobby. We checked in with her and she told us the bus would be here shortly. We were the last stop before the port!

Olaf doesn't want to leave!

IMG_2693_zps96f832e7.jpg

Poor Alien didn't make the cut for this photo.

IMG_2696_zps31c73e81.jpg

And that, my friends, was our last picture at the lodge. :( :( :(

If you made it to here, thanks for sticking with me. :)

We hopped on the bus, and I must admit, we both instantly fell asleep! The bus ride was about an hour long, so it made for a nice power nap!

Pulling in you just see this massive SHIP.. it's GINORMOUS! I swear, I couldn't even fathom how large it was going to be. It literally took my breath away. That thing can float on water?! HOW?!

I was mesmerized and could not stop staring, I think I may have even drooled a little bit. :)

The beautiful Disney Dream awaited!

IMG_2698_zpse6f45ea7.jpg

Someone's on the Aquaduck!

IMG_2699_zps5ceb7a2e.jpg

When we got to the port, we had to wait for a delivery! We had ordered Bud Light Margaritas previously from Port Canaveral Liquors, and they deliver right to you! How convenient! We ordered 24 cans, (strawberry, mango, raspberry, and lime) thinking they would be the small 8 ounce cans. Turns out they were 25 ounce cans! They were HUGE. Yep, talk about shoving a lot of cans into you carry on! We managed to fit them all in, and made it through security. My arm was going to break off, my bag was so heavy! I was having a mild panic attack because there was a sign that said no liquor, but a Disney CM informed us that you can carry on your own alcohol, no problems. And luckily, we made it through!

IMG_2700_zpsba352617.jpg

We walked through the Mickey face, they took a fancy photo, and then announced our names! We were here! AHHHHH!!

The CMs were clapping for us, cheering that we were abroad. I felt like royalty! And then I looked all around, did a legit 360, and could not believe I was on a boat. What is this life?!

IMG_2702_zpsc135c2e9.jpg

It is so elegant, so fancy, so beautiful, so indescribable. The Dream is GORGEOUS. If I could have imagined what I thought it would look like inside, my imagination would never even come close. I think I almost fainted. Youtube videos, pictures, people's stories, nothing prepares you for that moment when you are truly there. It is a memory I will carry with me for the rest of my life. Sheer amazement.

IMG_2703_zpsbe8c9276.jpg

We were told our room was ready, so we went off to find it! We needed to put down these heavy loads we were carrying! I think most rooms are ready by 1 PM, and it was just past this time.

It took a few minutes, but soon we found our new home. I ran right to the balcony. Look at this view!

IMG_2704_zpsf4dd5317.jpg

Hello Carnival!

IMG_2705_zpsd3b5a4b9.jpg

I'M ON A BOAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Our beautiful cabin! I was prepared for a matchbox, and this was huge! I thought we weren't going to be able to fit our suitcases anywhere, and would have no space to walk. I was pleasantly surprised with our room's size. It was just so cute!

IMG_2706_zps03d0141c.jpg

Look at poor Olaf, already passed out!

IMG_2712_zps9063d30d.jpg

This was our couch and desk area!

IMG_2713_zps62c57eaa.jpg

We had a split bathroom, one room had the shower and a sink, the other had the toilet and a sink. It was awesome because we both could get ready at one sink. Look at the detail on those towels. LOOK AT IT.

IMG_2714_zps966a0e44.jpg

IMG_2715_zpsb8b0b2de.jpg

I was amazed! From the shower curtain, to the towels, I was in Disney heaven!

IMG_2716_zpsa456adbb.jpg

Notice I'm still wearing my magic band! We were refusing to remove them, and saw a lot of families still rocking theirs! I must admit, I love the magic band when it comes to opening doors.. the card always gets lost in my purse!

IMG_2717_zps20871314.jpg

And of course, a picture of our crazy fridge. We didn't even make it close to cracking a dent into any of this! Hopefully our host threw a party after we left, LOL!

IMG_2719_zps745869f9.jpg

I was afraid I was going to be scared standing on the balcony, but no-sir-ree-bob! I was a champ! Right up to the edge I went. Those views. We waved to the people on Carnival, hello fellow cruise go-ers! We were screaming, and dancing, I think whoever saw us on our balcony must have thought we were crazy!

We kept waiting for the captain to announce, Room 9138 get into your cabin! HAHA

IMG_2720_zpsc571d5e7.jpg

My lovely impression of Vanna White, showing off our balcony!

IMG_2721_zps726acd7b.jpg

The best day ever!

IMG_2722_zpsd2da415d.jpg

Our humble abode! We kept saying we were going to bring magnets.. but we totally forgot! It was nice to look at everyone else's, and my next cruise my door will be decorated!

IMG_2725_zps71e016b0.jpg

We headed to Cabanas because we were starting to get some hunger pains. We can't go more than three hours without eating!

FOOD. Now where do I begin? You walk into this buffet, and it goes on forever. To infinity and beyond. Food. Trays and trays of glorious food. AND IT'S ALL YOU CAN EAT. Do you want five scoops of mac and cheese? You can have five scoops of mac and cheese. Do you want three plates? You got it. Was I in heaven?

The Dream was incredibly sanitary, and we all got hand wipes before walking in to eat. This was something I loved!

We filled our plates, there were so many options! Our plates look like children's plates LOL

IMG_2726_zps8df09dc9.jpg

IMG_2727_zpsa263e663.jpg

This was lunch. It was insanity! We stuffed our faces, and then rolled ourselves out to the deck. What cruelty is this that they feed you SO MUCH FOOD and expect you to wear a bathing suit the whole time?! AHHH!! LOL..

We had to go to our safety class, and then it was time for the sail away party! Bye Florida!!!

IMG_2728_zps2eb1e9e4.jpg

IMG_2729_zpsf1a576a7.jpg

The show was super cute, I had tears in my eyes. Looking out, I could not get over the fact that we were on a boat. It felt like a dance club!

IMG_2730_zps09e9cb81.jpg

I really started losing it when I saw Mickey in his Captain outfit. HOW ADORABLE.

IMG_2738_zps5f12b1ca.jpg

MICKEY WAS DANCING!!!!

IMG_2739_zps7c160cda.jpg

We joined in on the fun, dancing along to the music. No matter what age you are, the music just makes you feel alive. Life is so short, and there are only so many moments where you experience pure bliss, you have to make the most of them!

We had only been on the Dream for a mere 3 hours, and I was already hooked. We didn't even go anywhere yet!

Can I book my next cruise now?

IMG_2742_zps0d514d31.jpg

Leaving, the horns played Disney tunes!!! When you wish upon a star!! A pirates life for me! It gave me goosebumps. Only Disney could make a ship's horns musical! It was so surreal. We looked at each other and screeched. THIS IS SO COOL!

:)

coachwnh

Looking forward to the cruise stories! Loved your WL pictures. Totally agree about WL at Christmas. We stayed there for Thanksgiving last year and it was beautiful. The resort screams with that old Christmas feeling!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom