Trip Report What time is it? MICKEY TIME. August 2014

Is it entirely possible to have two extremely amazing Disney trips in a row? One would think the first trip’s fun and happiness could not be duplicated again…

Unfortunately, I am home. Real home. Not my Disney World bubble. Getting over this harsh reality is like a kick straight to the stomach, after eating a really gigantic meal. What is this life I live? Why am I not waking up on property? Oh the harsh truths we must face when exiting that bubble! Writing a trip report will help cure my Disney depression, it’s a statement I keep uttering to myself while I slowly grip the fact that my trip is OVER. WHAT?! Months of planning and excitement and poof! DONE. GONE. Is it time to go back yet? PLEASE?! Peeling the magicband off my wrist was painful.. PAINFUL I TELL YOU!!

imagejpg7_zps1262d39b.jpg

My name’s Nicole and I am a Disney freak. (I’m the girl on the left.) If there ever is a rehab program for people who are overly obsessed with Disney, you can bet some of my friends, my boyfriend, and my family would check me right in. I love the little mermaid, and change my favorite park depending on the day. I don’t know what my favorite ride is, some days it’s Soarin’, some days it’s Splash, sometimes it’s even Tower of Terror. Whatever is the last ride I’ve been on, that’s the one I will probably tell you. Ugh, I’m indecisive!

b02728cf-23d5-46e2-acf1-6a26b9d6b599_zps5fe4c65c.png

For those who didn’t follow along on my pre-trip report, here’s a quick recap. I flew to Disney World August 17th, and stayed at the Wilderness Lodge until August 21st. The lovely people of WDWmagic convinced us to upgrade from Art of Animation since we had a pin code. From there it was off to Port Canaveral, for my first ever Disney cruise, let alone cruise. Had three nights on the Disney Dream, and then back to Orlando for a day at Downtown Disney. I came home late August 24th, which gave me 8 full days immersed in Disney. This trip was the second trip with my best friend; we went last July for 10 days and had a wonderful, unforgettable time. We knew Disney missed us. :)

Originally, we were supposed to go in June and stay at Art of Animation, then go on the Dream, but due to massive amounts of snowstorms in lovely New Jersey this past winter, we had to postpone to August. Now everyone was warning me about the heat, and let me just tell you all, YOU WERE RIGHT. It may have been the hottest, sweatiest (sorry!) trip of my life, but it was one that I will never forget.

Shall I begin?

It all started not too long ago, at the wee hours in the morning.

IMG_1685_zpsa8effceb.jpg

I slept at my friend’s house so her parents could take us to the airport for our flight at 5:59 in the morning. We would be in Disney at 8:30 A.M. Who needs sleep?

Made it though security fairly quickly, and decided it was perfectly acceptable to eat our first meal of the day at 4:30 A.M.

First food picture of the trip! LOL.. and it’s in bags.. Big fail, Nicole.

IMG_1686_zps100779e9.jpg

IMG_1687_zpsca936d7d.jpg

IMG_1688_zps99d8f598.jpg

Probably not a good idea to drink iced coffee when you are aiming to sleep on the flight down, but with all that excitement I guess it didn’t matter! Do you guys remember the commercial with the little boy who says, “I’m too excited to sleep!” Yep, that’s me in a nutshell on Disney eve.

We took so long eating, we didn’t realize our plane had already boarded and as we were walking to the gate, we heard them announce the final boarding call. We booked it! Could you imagine if we missed our flight? Oh the horror! I don’t know why we didn’t realize that you’d need to be on the plane prior to 5:59 in order for it to take off. Hey, it was early. I’m using that excuse :)

IMG_1691_zps52acb54c.jpg

IMG_1692_zps857b0b68.jpg

We made it on and were off! My friend slept for maybe 20 minutes, I didn’t sleep at all. Too much excitement! We read and chatted about what was yet to come.

We landed early (YESS!!!), and navigated our way like champs to the B side of the airport. Last year we got lost…this year we were pros. Haha.

IMG_1693_zpsfabcc90a.jpg

We scanned our matching pink magic bands at the magical express counter, saw that first mickey head light up green, and we’re off! It was time for our first Disney ride of the trip…a bus ride!

IMG_1696_zps0d56d9a9.jpg

Wilderness Lodge, get ready for us!!

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
You two look fantastic in this...

How did you time that?

It's friggin perfect!

It's an app called video star and you take a song from your music library and you can make a video!

I love all your videos I'm watching them all now haha

Last edited:

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Drink collage made me jealous.
Hat collage made me laugh.
Bourbon comment made me feel old.
Giant picture of school bread made me drool.

So let's review: Your most recent updates have turned me into a jealous old, drooling fool.
You proud of yourself!!???

Who am I trying to kid? I was all of those things before I started reading this.

Carry on!!!

I love your comments they really crack me up! :)

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
I am majorly impressed with all the drinks and food you had! I don't think I would make it past 2 countries (in fact last time we attempted we only made it to Mexico and England…to be fair we had a lot to drink in Mexico haha)

Mexico is the worst! We wanted to start in canada because we knew if we started in Mexico we would never leave!! They have the best most potent drinks! Lol

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Still loving this!

I would've been passed out after one drink! Hahaha I'm so lame :D

Our upcoming trip I want to "snack" around the world since we will be there during F&W. I want to try the school bread!!! And the cronut!!!!

I wanted the Cronut so bad!! I'm so mad at myself for not going back there!! Ughhh guess it's an excuse to go back!! Lol

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Still loving this report. I Have an Alex and Ani bracelet on my list to buy this year. It's not something I was aware of before these forums as I have not heard it in the UK but definitely getting one. I didn't realise there were character ones so will look around before I decide which ones to buy. Loving the videos and collage photos.

Thank you so much to continue to follow along! You must get an Alex and ani bracelet! They are really popular around where I live but I didn't get into them until I saw they had disney ones!! I love looking down at Ariel's face everyday!

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Great collages! Pretty impressed with how much you drank, and I used to be in a frat. These days, if I drank that much I would have been in the bathroom half of the time.

report continues to be awesome!

Haha I have faith that you could still manage! Thanks for reading

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Day four!

After a crazy day spent at Epcot, we still managed to wake up super early the next morning! Go us! None of the parks were opened past 10 the whole time we were visiting, so I think that helped with our early morning makeup routine. Early to bed, early to rise. :)

This is the effects of drinking around the world the day before!

IMG_2441_zps362a1d48.jpg

We took our usual morning photo, we joked that this was the only picture we'd look presentable in before we stepping into the sauna that is Orlando, Florida! No matching headgear today, I was Ariel and she was Aurora! Show your Disney side :)

IMG_2444_zps9f7ff3f4.jpg

We had important business to attend to once we hit Magic Kingdom, so there was no time for breakfast just yet! We hurried to the dock and waited for our boat to arrive! I loved taking the boat, definitely a pro of Wilderness Lodge!

IMG_2445_zps31c08850.jpg

Another gorgeous day in paradise!

IMG_2446_zpsf699119e.jpg

IMG_2447_zpsb8b8647f.jpg

The princesses are coming! :)

IMG_2449_zps0f5eeb5f.jpg

And after a quick ten minute boat ride, we were back home! The Magic Kingdom! It was a bittersweet feeling. We knew we had an amazing day planned ahead of us, yet it was our last real park day of the trip. That made me sad! The first part was almost over! Why does it have to end?! I may have had a slight anxiety attack as this thought filled my mind. We had been looking forward to this trip for so long, and I don't think it hit me that I was going on a cruise as well until this very moment. I assured myself, I would enjoy today to the fullest, and stop thinking about what was to come. You can't enjoy today, thinking about tomorrow!

IMG_2450_zpsdc64b88e.jpg

We were in time for another welcome show! Two times in one trip, I am thrilled with our punctuality!

IMG_2451_zps39bbd51d.jpg

It was a mad rush into the park, and we joined in with the masses. We had places to be!

Oh castle, your beauty never ceases to amaze me.

IMG_2452_zps10267ac3.jpg

IMG_2454_zpsbe04fc14.jpg

We power walked through the castle, and came upon Princess Fairy Tale Hall! You must know where this is going now. :)

IMG_2465_zps097ae06f.jpg

Since we got in line right as the park opened, we only had to wait a mere 30 minutes for... Anna and Elsa! Being early is key!! Pick one thing you want to do at park opening, and get there! The wait by the time we got out of line was 120 minutes. The early birds catch the worm, or the Frozen sisters!

Chatting it up like the best friends with are with Anna!

IMG_2471_zpsea4d04c8.jpg

IMG_2473_zps1441ec77.jpg

She was such a good Anna! She told us a story on how Olaf wanted to become a dolphin so he could go swimming with the little mermaid. I got extremely starstruck meeting her, but she chattered away and made it seem like we were the three best friends that anyone could ever have. Oh Anna, I love you!

Next up was Elsa!

IMG_2474_zpsebe61315.jpg

IMG_2475_zps906c6a08.jpg

We complimented her dress and told her how much we enjoyed her making it snow at DHS. She promised she would try to keep her powers at bay while we visited the Bahamas!

After such a great meet and greet with the Frozen girls, we finally could eat! My stomach was rumbling, all my nerves were gone! We decided to try and find somewhere to get some breakfast, but were sidetracked for a bit watching this show.

IMG_2476_zpsa492f3b9.jpg

IMG_2477_zpse8580242.jpg

IMG_2478_zpsd756ea41.jpg

They were funny and sang happy birthday to a guest that was watching along with us. I swear, birthdays at Disney must be the best birthdays ever!

Couldn't resist a castle photo shoot!

IMG_2479_zps5348382c.jpg

And maybe my all time favorite picture...

IMG_2480_zpsc413cd55.jpg

Don't I just look like I belong?! :)

Mom@disney

That is so great! Good timing to get to the meet and greet with Anna And Elsa! My daughters are ecstatic to meet them. I think you should get that picture with you and the castle blown up and hung on your wall...not very many times can you get a picture like that with no one else in the background. Love the Ariel tiara.

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
I just love how this picture turned out! We really look like we own the place! If only this was true!

IMG_2483_zpsc9248270.jpg

And then people got all up in our shots! Oh well, it was nice while it lasted! :)

IMG_2486_zps4cab7978.jpg

We headed over to Liberty Square in search of something to eat. Sleepy Hollow sounded like a wonderful idea. And a cookie sandwich for breakfast?! Why not! Oh Disney :)

IMG_2487_zps3ab70ffd.jpg

IMG_2488_zps2630adf7.jpg

This was the best breakfast of my life. It may have melted all over me, but it tasted sooooo good I didn't care! I was a mess at the end, but I was a satisfied mess. Food coma, here I come again.

My friend got something that could pass for breakfast, mine not so much! She had a waffle with fruit and nutela! I had a bite and man was it tasty! These are two breakfasts that I could get on board with :)

IMG_2489_zps7b5d52e3.jpg

We sat and talked for a little, and digested. My main problem is that I inhale my food, and this was no exception with a melting ice cream sandwich. My friend ended up getting her sunglasses caught in her hair, and the two of us could not get them to come loose! I was hysterically laughing and just could not get them out. The family next to us started laughing too, we just were such a comical pair. My friend finally ripped them off her head, and we were on our way to Enchanted Tales with Belle!

IMG_2492_zps579818d7.jpg

IMG_2493_zpse66a4454.jpg

IMG_2495_zpsee6cceed.jpg

The whole concept of this attraction is so wonderful! The kids were so excited, especially the ones picked to be part of the story. I remember one of my first visits to Disney, I listened to a story from Belle on the right hand side of the castle, on a bench. Look at how far this has come! You are immersed into Belle's world. I loved it!

IMG_2497_zps7d9bef58.jpg

IMG_2500_zps8f9402b1.jpg

IMG_2504_zps03fe6054.jpg

After the show, you get to meet Belle. We were the oldest in line by far, but hey, we are young at heart!

IMG_2505_zps008c65b4.jpg

This was the only picture that came out... we all look pretty funny LOL

IMG_2506_zps06c56917.jpg

After conversing with Belle, I felt as though I had to go meet my one true idol, Ariel! The wait time said only twenty minutes on the app, so off we went in search of my favorite princess :)

Old chums :)

IMG_2507_zpse1caa6ea.jpg

I was loving this moment!

IMG_2508_zps4c30d88a.jpg

I think this is the best I have ever done at meeting Ariel! We talked about my crown, and I gushed that she was my hands down favorite. She may have thought I was crazy, but hey, I am. What are you gonna do?!

IMG_2509_zpsd4b90572.jpg

All together now!

IMG_2510_zps7de09a19.jpg

We asked if we could take a selfie with her, we had been dying to this with a character all trip! She was so cute and said "Oh, I love Shellfies!" How do they come up with this stuff on the fly? I LOVE YOU, ARIEL!

6D5D24AD-1154-4C50-B0AC-F15A065FAA94_zpsfyeah1io.jpg

I don't think you can even tell up apart, we look so similar :) :) :) LOL

After I returned from Cloud 9, we continued on our journey to Storybook Circus! Can you guess what our first ride of the day was?

IMG_2512_zpsbc312b1e.jpg

IMG_2514_zpsd2f620a9.jpg

I believe I can fly!!!

I have been reading your trip report every night for the past few days and I LOVE it! We are totally obsessed with Wilderness Lodge! It's my favorite place on earth. Love your report - looking forward to hearing more!

I have been reading your trip report every night for the past few days and I LOVE it! We are totally obsessed with Wilderness Lodge! It's my favorite place on earth. Love your report - looking forward to hearing more!

mrdrift

You have some really good pictures with the different princesses that now my daughter has me planing all the meet and greets so she can do the same as you two have. Thats all good but the ice cream cookie sandwich looks really good for breakfast. Waffle with nutela is to die for. Keep the great food pictures coming.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom