What Things Today Would Walt Disney Have Never Done or Be Out RAGED ABOUT.

POLY LOVER

Original Poster
I tink Walt would take a stick to the head of any park that allowed broken effects or chipped paint on his rides to go unaddressed.

POLY LOVER

Original Poster
I borrowed this from another thread: How TRUE, bean counters take note.

I knew if this business was ever to get anywhere, if this business was ever to grow, it could never do it by having to answer to someone unsympathetic to its possibilities, by having to answer to someone with only one thought or interest, namely profits. For my idea of how to make profits has differed greatly from those who generally control businesses such as ours. I have blind faith in the policy that quality, tempered with good judgment and showmanship, will win against all odds."
Walt Disney

POLY LOVER

Original Poster
Bumping threads, is there some great gain about bumping a thread? Am I getting some reward I don't know about. This site is about Disney fans having thoughts, ideas, conversation about something we care about. our goal is to send a message to the corporate executives about things we are concerned about, praise them when they deserve it and take them to task when they stray from the dream. remind them that they are custodians of that dream and leave it in better shape than they found it when they pass it on. So bumping as some say I don't understand people trying to shut others down by using this term when they are trying to stimulate conversation.
its honest conversation nothing more or less. If you want to try and tackle a problem then maybe go after those that are sarcastic and try to run people off the board.

s8film40

Isn't there an unwatch thread option. He's adding content and continuing the conversation it's not like he's just bumping it.

Personally I find this topic interesting. One thing I look at is how Walt Disney's interests shifted. Once he moved from movies to theme parks he seemed to lose interest in movies. Obviously he kept the business going but it seems like his passion was in the park at that point. I think he was in the middle of another transition at the time he died. He seemed to be focusing more on city planning and didn't really have an interest in the theme park anymore.

POLY LOVER

Original Poster
Isn't there an unwatch thread option. He's adding content and continuing the conversation it's not like he's just bumping it.

Personally I find this topic interesting. One thing I look at is how Walt Disney's interests shifted. Once he moved from movies to theme parks he seemed to lose interest in movies. Obviously he kept the business going but it seems like his passion was in the park at that point. I think he was in the middle of another transition at the time he died. He seemed to be focusing more on city planning and didn't really have an interest in the theme park anymore.

I think maybe you are correct, EPCOT seem to be a city plan not a theme park? I guess we will never know what was in his mind. What we do know is he had a great passion for his creations and money was not number one. The money came naturally because the ideas were quality ones and people recognized the difference in his creations from others.

s8film40

I think maybe you are correct, EPCOT seem to be a city plan not a theme park? I guess we will never know what was in his mind. What we do know is he had a great passion for his creations and money was not number one. The money came naturally because the ideas were quality ones and people recognized the difference in his creations from others.
If you watch the EPCOT film I think there was only one sentence about a theme park, something like "and of course we'll have a theme park, but the heart of what we'll be doing...". I think it's very telling. I think had Walt lived longer he really wouldn't have cared much about what happened in the park side of things and of course WDW would have never had the opportunity to grow into the type of vacation resort it is today.

POLY LOVER

Original Poster
If you watch the EPCOT film I think there was only one sentence about a theme park, something like "and of course we'll have a theme park, but the heart of what we'll be doing...". I think it's very telling. I think had Walt lived longer he really wouldn't have cared much about what happened in the park side of things and of course WDW would have never had the opportunity to grow into the type of vacation resort it is today.

Maybe the Epcot community of the future would have had the theme parks as their recreation area? I don,t think they would have not continued to develop? Who knows for sure.

s8film40

Maybe the Epcot community of the future would have had the theme parks as their recreation area? I don,t think they would have not continued to develop? Who knows for sure.
That was the idea behind having the theme park. I believe I have heard somewhere that that Walt didn't really want a theme park in WDW at all but was persuaded that it would be easier to sell it to investors and the public if the park was included. The initial plan really didn't leave any room for other parks. I think had EPCOT been a success it's hard to imagine that Walt would expand and build a second park over expansion to EPCOT.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom