What the heck are some people wearing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrerWayne

We were at HS once and there was a woman with her husband and kids and parents all with her she had on a completely sheer blouse and all she had on under it were 2 of those round Mickey Mouse stickers and her family trotting along beside her like it was nothing.
Would you happen to have a picture of this lack of taste and decency so that I may share in the outrage?

RonAnnArbor

As to the Epcot ejection - you were here during Food and Wine festival -- you have to be aware that a large portion of the F&W visitors are locals who attend to eat and drink, often payed by their university, sorority, fraternity, business, etc. It's basically an invitation to a party and some of the guests really don't care less about Disney or the Disney rules (there is a deep hatred of all things Disney by some locals)...Sounds like Disney did their job and ejected the inappropriately dressed person, but you've clearly never been at a Food & Wine saturday when (luck of the draw, since its never announced in advance) 90 busses arrive from FSU, UCF, and UF and thousands of fraternity and sorority kids swamp the festival - usually starting with shorts, shirts and ties for the guys, and matching shirts for the girls, and eventually leading to shirtless guys and bikini clad girls. I don't think Disney really cares on those particular days because they are making mega-bucks off those drunken parties. You've been warned. If you see those busses rolling in, change your plans.

teddy189

As to the Epcot ejection - you were here during Food and Wine festival -- you have to be aware that a large portion of the F&W visitors are locals who attend to eat and drink, often payed by their university, sorority, fraternity, business, etc. It's basically an invitation to a party and some of the guests really don't care less about Disney or the Disney rules (there is a deep hatred of all things Disney by some locals)...Sounds like Disney did their job and ejected the inappropriately dressed person, but you've clearly never been at a Food & Wine saturday when (luck of the draw, since its never announced in advance) 90 busses arrive from FSU, UCF, and UF and thousands of fraternity and sorority kids swamp the festival - usually starting with shorts, shirts and ties for the guys, and matching shirts for the girls, and eventually leading to shirtless guys and bikini clad girls. I don't think Disney really cares on those particular days because they are making mega-bucks off those drunken parties. You've been warned. If you see those busses rolling in, change your plans.

Of all the stories about drunks at F&W I've never heard about 90 buses of sorority and fraternity members arrive on the same day, they wear matching shirts and then get drunk and remove said tops.... Also find it hard to believe that they are "paid" by their university to come as well. Pics or it didn't happen lol :)

SSH

you've clearly never been at a Food & Wine saturday when (luck of the draw, since its never announced in advance) 90 busses arrive from FSU, UCF, and UF and thousands of fraternity and sorority kids swamp the festival
:eek::jawdrop: You had me at 90 buses from FSU, UCF and UF - I didn't even need to know what they were wearing. Yikes.

daringstoic

Omg I almost wish I'd seen that myself lol. We did a lot of silly things with Mickey stickers back in the day, but I don't think using them as pasties ever crossed anyone's mind.
We were at HS once and there was a woman with her husband and kids and parents all with her she had on a completely sheer blouse and all she had on under it were 2 of those round Mickey Mouse stickers and her family trotting along beside her like it was nothing.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Beside immodest clothing there is also the horror of just wearing the most boring drab clothing imaginable. Ninety degree heat and people are still wearing black T-shirts and black shorts. And the ones not wearing black are wearing grey. And the ones not wearing black or grey are wearing washed-out barely still blue.

It's like attending a BBQ wake.

Then there's the T-shirt a guy was wearing that said, "She wants the D" and the "D" was in the typography of the stylized D of Walt Disney World. :rolleyes:

And let me lob this Internet grenade: No one should be wearing yoga pants in public. Just because your spandex now looks like cloth, it's still too... much.

LUVofDIS

I think the reason this means so much to us is because we make it so. Remember, it is us humans that make nudity a sexual thing, not the act of nudity itself. There are cultures were bare skin is normal and acceptable, we make it a taboo. Wear what you want, if someone doesn't like, don't look.

Look at what all this fuss has done to breastfeeding. It is a shame.

But that being said, we do live in a culture of prudism in this country, and it is not widely acceptable, yet I see parents dress young girls up in these risqué outfits. I don't get it. let kids be kids. It seems every girl at a pool party for my niece had a bikini on. Seems weird.

I am Timmy

If that bothers you, do NOT go to Universal. It's the norm there, has been for years. Uni is like the wild partying sister to Disney. I guess it might be getting a little more common at DW, but still not the norm.

zurgandfriend

Ah, yes the Food and Wine Festival. I remember a year my DW and I attended. A woman in Mexico must have had one too many margaritas as she was lifting her T-shirt and flashing people. My wife got upset and said “will you look at that!” and I ordered a glass of milk, something Freudian there.
What people choose to wear and are comfortable is always subjective, just go to your local Wal-Mart on a Saturday. I am not sure when pajama bottoms became pants and fuzzy slipper became shoes but whatever.
I always wear a shirt with a collar, even at WDW, as my DW says I look like Geoffrey giraffe if I do not, but I digress. People think I am nuts but I feel much more at ease. I also wear a tie to work and shave every morning however; the “scruffy” look seems to be in for men. I do not get upset at what people choose to wear in public, poor hygiene however is another matter.

Shouldigo12

I think my favorite outfit I ever saw was a woman walking around with her husband and kids in tight leather pants and six inch heels (seriously, they were huge!). It didn't show much skin, but those pants had to be terribly hot and I shudder to think of how her feet felt after an hour of walking around.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom