What size shells are they launching on the rooftops behind the castle?

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
Those are pretty big fireworks to be lancing in the center of the park, don't get me wrong I think it's awesome but are those legal LOL?

DisAl

I'm sure they would be illegal for you and me. BUT, if you have a permit and / or are a licensed professional then you can do it. No different doing it every day than doing it on the Fourth of July in towns all across the country. In my town even possession of sparklers are illegal now after some idiots started a couple of fires with fireworks last year.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
I'm sure they would be illegal for you and me. BUT, if you have a permit and / or are a licensed professional then you can do it. No different doing it every day than doing it on the Fourth of July in towns all across the country. In my town even possession of sparklers are illegal now after some idiots started a couple of fires with fireworks last year.
Even with permit Disney has had to compromise over the years over tightening regulations. Just imagine what fireworks in Disney would be like with today's shows if the magic kingdom could still launch 12 inch shells and even Epcot could launch the shells they used to every night. Im just surprised they can launch 3 inch shells over the castle, at least I'm pretty sure there 3 inch.

NelleBelle

Sparklers can be extremely dangerous. We would see really deep burns from them at my burn center. They can reach temperatures up to 2000 deg. And because people think they're not dangerous, they often hand them out to their kids. Nothing worse than a burn, especially that's 100% preventable.

trainplane3

That's insane but I'm pretty sure I've been burnt by sparklers more then anything else. And that's including roman candle/super small bottle rocket fights and launching a firework and having it prematurely blowing up 2 feet over my head. In PA, we can finally legally buy stuff that isn't sparklers/fountain crap as of this past Decemeber. No more runs to the fireworks store on the Ohio border anymore.

BoarderPhreak

The simple sparkler is quite dangerous. For one, it burns for quite a while, unlike most that go up and boom. It's basically burning aluminum and magnesium. Ouch - very hot.

A lot of places are clamping down on fireworks because of, well, fire hazards. Especially out west. One of Cali's worst fires (ever) was started by a couple of kids idiots throwing a smoke bomb into a valley filled with dry brush, in a public park no less.

Gelatoni

lol i figured it's pretty much the same at both parks. if you see the comments of the video it's like 100 people saying that.

Gelatoni

I'll put a trigger warning next I use something from dl not wdw. Didn't know the info would be rendered completely useless.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom