What size shells are they launching on the rooftops behind the castle?

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
I'll put a trigger warning next I use something from dl not wdw. Didn't know the info would be rendered completely useless.
Same concept except they don't get to watch the fireworks from the roof, there underground at Disney world. It's also a lot different that Disneyland launches them by air even you know he demonstrated a black powder lift.

Jwhee

The stuff shot off the rooftops in the park is all close proximity stuff- mines, comments, some small (probably 500 gram consumer grade cake) shells. Most of it- like the mines and comets- can be brought even closer to a crowd if they wanted to.

POLY LOVER

Those are pretty big fireworks to be lancing in the center of the park, don't get me wrong I think it's awesome but are those legal LOL?

No, Disney is firing 88 size shells from the battleship New Jersey and risking the lives of thousands. This is a bizzillion dollar business do you think they would be firing illegal size shells? Lawsuits lawsuits lawsuits.

Phonedave

The simple sparkler is quite dangerous. For one, it burns for quite a while, unlike most that go up and boom. It's basically burning aluminum and magnesium. Ouch - very hot.

A lot of places are clamping down on fireworks because of, well, fire hazards. Especially out west. One of Cali's worst fires (ever) was started by a couple of kids idiots throwing a smoke bomb into a valley filled with dry brush, in a public park no less.

I hate sparklers for just that reason. People give them to kids, kids run around with them in the dark, and then drop the hot wires who knows where (at least the wooden ones are a little better) but everybody things they are so tame. They really are not, they burn like crazy. They require just as much caution as any other firework.

Oddly enough, NJ has gone the other way. In NJ you never were able to buy anything - no sparklers, no snakes, not even those snap pops you throw - all illegal. Last year they changed the law to allow the above, and even some ground effect fountains and such (sort of like PA used to be)

-dave

NelleBelle

My "favorite" burn injury around fireworks were the ones where, to use a pp term, idiots would tie a bunch of sparklers together and then light them all at the same time :eek:. Gees!!! Talk about Darwin awards :rolleyes::banghead:. Drives me nuts that fireworks are illegal in our county but people will go out to the Indian reservations and buy them and then let them off regardless.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I hate sparklers for just that reason. People give them to kids, kids run around with them in the dark, and then drop the hot wires who knows where (at least the wooden ones are a little better) but everybody things they are so tame. They really are not, they burn like crazy. They require just as much caution as any other firework.

Oddly enough, NJ has gone the other way. In NJ you never were able to buy anything - no sparklers, no snakes, not even those snap pops you throw - all illegal. Last year they changed the law to allow the above, and even some ground effect fountains and such (sort of like PA used to be)

-dave
It's like giving a kid a road flare to play with.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom