What should they do with Animation Courtyard?

Haymarket2008

This would've been a great idea. IDK how I feel about it in a post TSL world though, that feels like too much Pixar. Maybe add one more Pixar IP & then I'd spread the love among other IPs tbh.

Definitely agree. At this point, they may as well go all-in on the immersive lands and spread the wealth to other IPs.

My vote for Animation Courtyard is either Zootopia or a mini-Indiana Jones land.

(As much as I enjoy the stunt show, it's tired and I think it is time to move on. Put an expanded Indy presence there.)

Skibum1970

Definitely agree. At this point, they may as well go all-in on the immersive lands and spread the wealth to other IPs.

My vote for Animation Courtyard is either Zootopia or a mini-Indiana Jones land.

(As much as I enjoy the stunt show, it's tired and I think it is time to move on. Put an expanded Indy presence there.)

I would take the Indy stunt show out and convert that area to a Lucasfilm area or an Indy ride. I am a little tired of minilands that take up lot of space but have little to show for it. For Animation Courtyard, they could do a Frozen land or make it an area for other Disney animation movies like Encanto, Coco, or others. Again, fitting the theme to a Disney studio area (Disney Animation, and area for Lucasfilm, an area for Pixar, etc.) and just ignore Touchstone.

SpectreJordan

I think the Stunt Show can coexist with a land. The parks need more shows/other live entertainment in general; taking away one of the best shows isn't a good idea IMO.

Bocabear

There is a sort of natural division at the studios... as you enter the park, the left side had been live-action film, and the right side with the Animation Courtyard was divided off for Disney Animation/fantasy... Keep that model and expand... right now Animation Courtyard is basically a placeholder for the next thing... Lean into the original idea and build a Toontown...or other Animated films based land... Toontown could at least cover several IPs and keep it from being Fantasyland in feeling.

Disgruntled Walt

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
There is a sort of natural division at the studios... as you enter the park, the left side had been live-action film, and the right side with the Animation Courtyard was divided off for Disney Animation/fantasy... Keep that model and expand... right now Animation Courtyard is basically a placeholder for the next thing... Lean into the original idea and build a Toontown...or other Animated films based land... Toontown could at least cover several IPs and keep it from being Fantasyland in feeling.
This could actually work really well, because they no longer have a Toontown in MK.

Cmdr_Crimson

God awful rock soundtrack?!?! The soundtrack in Marvel's Superhero Island is amazing! It captures the edge of Marvel Comics so well, instead of pretending like it's DC with those boring instrumentals. And worse theming than Avengers Campus?? 😭
Given the fact that most of their animated shows had the same vibe..

Bocabear

…they just rearranged 3/4 of the perimeter of the property for 10 years…

…do you think you’re getting anything?
That’s a legit question.

They “fired”…and missed
I don't expect any more changes there for a very long time...but the subject was "What to do with the Animation Courtyard"...hence the discussion...not that any of us believe that anything is going to be happening soon....lol
While the Galaxy's Edge is just OK to me, I would not call the whole thing a "miss"... They need to add a few more things, some kinetics to the land and some whimsy. It is too dry.... TSL is too "One Note"...they both feel like ideas that were not quite thought out.

Cmdr_Crimson

Oh right…filling the whole and the water thing?

When did that start?

And pop quiz beyond: what is under construction for wdw beyond that?
Start date? Estimated opening date?

The questions get more difficult after that…
I'm thinking we won't expect too much with the issues coming up with the state of Florida and Disney right now. Who knows where that $17 million is going..

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I don't expect any more changes there for a very long time...but the subject was "What to do with the Animation Courtyard"...hence the discussion...not that any of us believe that anything is going to be happening soon....lol
While the Galaxy's Edge is just OK to me, I would not call the whole thing a "miss"... They need to add a few more things, some kinetics to the land and some whimsy. It is too dry.... TSL is too "One Note"...they both feel like ideas that were not quite thought out.
Their pattern has been “rot” for going on 30 years…if you need benchmarks…it lines up almost 1:1 with Euro opening, wells going heliskiiing and Eisner going to the ER…

They really haven’t shown much of any Desire to refresh parks since.

Mgm is the poster child for this…not in a good way either

Disgruntled Walt

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I'm thinking we won't expect too much with the issues coming up with the state of Florida and Disney right now. Who knows where that $17 million is going..
Honestly, with Iger's IP obsession, I don't know that I really want $17 million of new additions in WDW right now. It would probably all be things I don't like replacing things I do like.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
This is what I have been warning about with igers “construction strategy” for 15 years…

It’s worse than I thought. They’re complelely flat footed and incapable of doing ANYTHING that is functional/appropriate.

You got a big dog moving into town…why aren’t you putting in B/C rides right now? Like yesterday?

ARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH!!! 🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Oh about “superhero island”

It was kinda avant-garde 25 years ago when conceived and built. And any land that has Foo on the soundtrack is thumbs up.

It’s being made fun of because it’s old and we’re mining the past for current grievances.

Nobody makes fun of Peter Pan or small world for being “ancient”…but they are.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom