What should they do with Animation Courtyard?

Disgruntled Walt

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
It would. I’ve described it in another earlier thread.

The main gravity building was behind the studio building. The latter was queue /load / low speed ride /unload /shop
Ah of course, that makes sense. With that in mind, there probably is room for it in the Animation Courtyard plot, but again, seems like the Monsters Inc ship has sailed.

Too bad that both of the possible suspended roller coasters (this and Dragon Tower) were cancelled. Not to mention whatever Fire Mountain would have been. Oh for the days when these were the rumors, not just "Where is the next Moana-themed thing going?"

Phicinfan

Another thought, how about an updated revamped GMR? Take that whole area, and pay homage to old Hollywood and to those old movies and really do it right and keep the tie in with Walt's area already there. To me that would be sooo much fun and really bring the old feel back. Just me I guess.

Disgruntled Walt

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Another thought, how about an updated revamped GMR? Take that whole area, and pay homage to old Hollywood and to those old movies and really do it right and keep the tie in with Walt's area already there. To me that would be sooo much fun and really bring the old feel back. Just me I guess.
It would never happen, but I love the idea. There was so much they could have done to keep the Great Movie Ride just with updates for the inbetween scenes.

yensidtlaw1969

Ah of course, that makes sense. With that in mind, there probably is room for it in the Animation Courtyard plot, but again, seems like the Monsters Inc ship has sailed.

Too bad that both of the possible suspended roller coasters (this and Dragon Tower) were cancelled. Not to mention whatever Fire Mountain would have been. Oh for the days when these were the rumors, not just "Where is the next Moana-themed thing going?"
Having little to no idea what they're tossing around for Villains Land, I'd be surprised if they hadn't brought up the Dragon's Tower from Beastly Kingdom in discussions.

While I'm not sure that what the Magic Kingdom needs is another coaster, I could see them pitching a version themed to Maleficent and her Castle. Can't imagine a Villains Land wouldn't come with some sort of Animatronic Dragon along the way (Though maybe not one that breathes fire, given their track record).

Elijah Abrams

In the Parks
Yes
I would go with Toon Studios (unrelated to the one in Paris). It would represent both Walt Disney Animation Studios and Disney Television Animation, and feature a dark ride where guests go on a wacky tour of Disney’s cartoon studio.

I also like my idea of Marvel Studios Backlot, which would feature Marvel-themed rides like Avengers Quinjet and WEB Slingers and dining like the Pym Test Kitchen.

BlakeW39

My other issue with a DHS Marvel land is that I find the comics more visually interesting than the movies. So I prefer the 90s comics aesthetic found at IOA to the MCU aesthetic a DHS land would take. I also worry we would just get an east coast version of Avengers Campus which would just be 🤮 blegh

Phicinfan

I would go with Toon Studios (unrelated to the one in Paris). It would represent both Walt Disney Animation Studios and Disney Television Animation, and feature a dark ride where guests go on a wacky tour of Disney’s cartoon studio.

I also like my idea of Marvel Studios Backlot, which would feature Marvel-themed rides like Avengers Quinjet and WEB Slingers and dining like the Pym Test Kitchen.
Can't do WEB slingers in FL, nor Avengers. Due to Universal

Phicinfan

I was thinking Disney properties....
I don't think Indy land would work, as I would want the Indy ride from DL but we have similar in AK so no.
With TSL, I am kind of not thrilled with more animation focus, I get it as its a huge part of Disney, but there is more.

The more I think about it , the more I would love to see a retro-Disney area - bring out all the old "live action movies" before you had to distinguish it as live action. Which was why I was leaning on GMR.

In that area, you could do so much - Take the really great older movies - Mary Poppins, Witch Mountain, Bed knobs and Broomsticks, Apple dumpling gang, or Herbie - thinking it through Herbie could be a fantastic fun dark ride(no I don't want a test track clone...).

VotLM could be turned into a retro movie sing along similar to Frozen. Plus you could use or enhance the old hollywood architecture and it would be great for the older folks. and the kids.

Big_Shakalaka

A few thoughts...
This would be a PRIME spot for Marvel based attractions, including the Play and Dance building. Imagine walking through the archway into Marvel Studios Land. But, as we all know, there's that pesky theme park contract with Marvel and Universal. Now, next year, Disney and Comcast need to figure out what to do with Hulu. Could Disney find a way to get back some/all of those rights during these negotiations? Maybe?

Casper Gutman

A few thoughts...
This would be a PRIME spot for Marvel based attractions, including the Play and Dance building. Imagine walking through the archway into Marvel Studios Land. But, as we all know, there's that pesky theme park contract with Marvel and Universal. Now, next year, Disney and Comcast need to figure out what to do with Hulu. Could Disney find a way to get back some/all of those rights during these negotiations? Maybe?
I don't see how anyone who is a fan of either theme parks or of Marvel can look at Super Hero Island and Avengers Campus and hope Disney gets more control over the IP. The best case scenario is that Universal's ownership of the the theme park rights is somehow strengthened and they add a new Marvel ride in the Toon Theatre area.

As for Animation Courtyard, I love the idea of turning the space into a (Disney IP only) Maroon Studios, with a Roger Rabbit coaster and a dark ride through the studio populated by Disney characters both mainstream and obscure - but that is, of course, a pipe dream.

bmr1591

Having little to no idea what they're tossing around for Villains Land, I'd be surprised if they hadn't brought up the Dragon's Tower from Beastly Kingdom in discussions.

While I'm not sure that what the Magic Kingdom needs is another coaster, I could see them pitching a version themed to Maleficent and her Castle. Can't imagine a Villains Land wouldn't come with some sort of Animatronic Dragon along the way (Though maybe not one that breathes fire, given their track record).

I don’t see how you make a Villains land without a roller coaster. That’s much better than *another* dark ride taking you through the story. MK has so many of those.

Also, maybe I’m just greedy or maybe I get frustrated too easily, but why do we even want copies of what other parks have? Let Imagineers do their jobs and be creative for once. I’m tired of copy and pasting every new thing we get.

Elijah Abrams

In the Parks
Yes
A few thoughts...
The analysts did say Disney could trade Hulu to Comcast for the Florida theme park rights, along with the film rights to Hulk and Namor.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom