• Turn it into a new Critter Country ride

• Demolish it and build a show building for a better Pooh ride

• Demolish it and build something other than a ride

• Demolish it and build a show building for a different themed ride

• Leave it alone

• Turn it into a CBJ revival

Results are only viewable after voting.

socalifornian

Splashs line queue might start next to Mansion but the actual entrance and exit is across from Pooh. Separating the two rides into different lands doesn’t make sense. Whatever land Princess and the Frog occupies would have to be the same one Poohs area occupies

SuddenStorm

Aren't the animals in PatF also "critters"? I don't see a need to change the land name.

Yep- and I guarantee WDI hasn't put any more thought into this bastardization than 'we need to change Splash'. Nothing in the surrounding area will change except for the name of the Briar Patch store.

And I certainly don't want the WDI that delivered Pixar Pier touching what remains of the Bear Country facades/Hungry Bear restaurant.

jmuboy

Yep- and I guarantee WDI hasn't put any more thought into this bastardization than 'we need to change Splash'. Nothing in the surrounding area will change except for the name of the Briar Patch store.

And I certainly don't want the WDI that delivered Pixar Pier touching what remains of the Bear Country facades/Hungry Bear restaurant.

GOD NO! NO WDI Team responsible for any part of Pixar or Marvel over at DCA should be allowed inside DL! I'd take the BV Street or CarsLand Team 100% though!

Professortango1

I have to disagree a bit here. What sets the original version apart is the songs are used as an outlet to introduce and show the personalities of the characters. You can tell after a couple of seconds certain details such as that Big Al is lumbering buffoon or the sweet innocent nature of the Sun Bonnets. Many of the songs are heartfelt and relate-able, which really added to the charm of the show.

The Vacation Hoedown does not have Henry introduce the performers (although the Tokyo version would re-introduce this) and some of the characters are very different than how they were established in the original show. While some songs fit well like Teddi Beara and Big Al, others like Liver Lips and especially The Sun Bonnets feel really out of place to me. I also find their attempt to focus on more well known songs cheapens the show just a bit. While I do enjoy the Vacation Hoedown, and obviously prefer any Country Bears to none, I think it is a big step down from the original.

Having re-seen the original in WDW, I can say that I definitely preferred the VH version. The original feels very clunky and poorly paced.

DLR92

I would like to see it redone...but you know Disney is quite cheap these days.
Personally in a perfect world, I would like to see Pooh replaced with something else.

Rich T

Alternate answer:
B6A7178F-A38C-492D-B9FE-A92AABBFFC53.jpeg

cmwade77

My suggestion isn't really listed, I say build a new Winnie the Pooh in Fantasyland where it belongs and do it properly as a more advanced version of Tokyo's (over the old Motorboat lagoon area would work) and then using the existing ride space for something that fits in with New Orleans and make the whole area and expansion of New Orleans.

Californian Elitist

My suggestion isn't really listed, I say build a new Winnie the Pooh in Fantasyland where it belongs and do it properly as a more advanced version of Tokyo's (over the old Motorboat lagoon area would work) and then using the existing ride space for something that fits in with New Orleans and make the whole area and expansion of New Orleans.

Pooh and Fantasyland don’t mix very well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom