What Ride would you replace ?

BrerMouse

Mr Toad

I would love to see us get a version of some type of submarine ride even if it's a Nemo. Bring back the toad and get rid of that eye sore Poohs Playful Spot.

SirGoofy

I would love to see us get a version of some type of submarine ride even if it's a Nemo. Bring back the toad and get rid of that eye sore Poohs Playful Spot.

I've got to disagree with you here. PPS is a nice little addition, and is in no way an eye-sore. It is beautifully themed, and looks really nice. Plus, it's not as if the space was being used.

The subs were never coming back here. Plus now there is room for a few new attractions, if they ever decide to loosen the purse strings.

There are tons of rides that need replacing or updating!

Magic Kingdom:
Enchanted Tiki Room: Under New Management
Methinks it's time to completely overhaul this show. I have heard that the stitch version in Hong Kong has gotten fairly good reviews so it could work.I say just get rid of the show!
Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse
Does anybody even visit this place anymore? Probably not!
Alladin, Dumbo, Astro Orbiter
Refurb anyone? Why would you replace them?
Pooh's Playground
If Disney tore this down that would be great. It is such an eysore as it is and the space could make for an entirely new dark ride to fit in with Fantasyland. For little ones
Toontown
There is so much Disney could do with Toontown. Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin is one of the things that come to mind as it could replace the Judge's Tent. This is a great land for the kiddies but deserves a bit of TLC as it is somewhat pointless. Above
Stitch's Great Escape
Is there anymore to say about this? Bring back AE!Don't bring back AE! Just Say "GOODBYE STITCH!"
Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor Comedy Club
In my opinion this ride would totally work better in the upcoming Pixar Place for DHS. I personally hope they bring back Timekeeper but since that is so unlikely an entirely new, Pixarless ride that fits in with the New Tomorrowland theme should be added.No clue!
Tomorrowland Indy Speedway
Was this the best they could do for futuristic?Looks Like a normal thing you would see in other parks to be honest!
Tomorrowland Transit Authority
TLC NOW! STEP AWAY FROM TTA!

Epcot:
Spaceship Earth
The ending should be re-worked with newer effects and the music volume should be raised.NO CLUE!
Ellen's Energy Adventure
While this is my favorite ride/show at Disneyworld I completely agree with a new film being brought in as energy is one of the country's biggest topics at the moment. Maybe some additions to the Diorama scene could be added as well as a new post show. NO clue!
Wonders Of Life
Anything but an empty pavilion, please. Hopefully another health related pavilion could be placed here. No clue
Test Track
Maybe a refurb and a new post show could help this one. Maybe?:shrug:
Journey Into Your Imagination With Figment
Disney really should bring back Dreamfinder. The ride should also be longer and have some imagination.No cLue
Honey I Shrunk The Audience
An entire new show and pre-show that doesn't feel like a lousy Kodak commercial.Keep the show except they do really need a new pre show!
Soarin'
Maybe a new film?Maybe but they probably won't do it because they got the idea from California, unless they do one of Florida and it ends at MK!
World Showcase
I would like to see a new pavilion show up and maybe even a ride, like the Matterhorn.NAH

Disney Hollywood Studios:
The Great Movie Ride
This ride should really updated with newer show scenes, a re-done finale, and maybe a little something else. Agree
Drew Carey In Sounds Dangerous
'The worst show behind Stitch's Great Escape' should really be removed. An entire new stage show could fit in this area and would actually draw in visitors.agree it could work!
Indiana Jones Epic Spectacular Stunt Show
This whole area setup should be torn down and make way for The Indiana Jones Adventure Ride like in Disneyland.We could use the ride or maybe a new thing like another movie topic!
Star Tours
This whole attraction should get a large refurb. New ride vehicles, new film, refurbed queue, all new post show, and even the gift shop could get a facelift.Agree
Muppets 3-D
A new film should replace the current one.NO CLUE!
Playhouse Disney Live
This show's about as old as 'Rich Chocolaty Ovaltine'. It is good for the little kids. We were leaving the shop from across it and heard music blasting! They were having a Party! I personally made me think of a night club for the little kids! I remember when we went and they taped "Bear in the big blue house" there!

Animal Kingdom:
It's Tough To Be A Bug
A nice 3-D show that doesn't traumatize your kids.Put the feet up! I did that for the Mice part in Honey I shrunk the Audience!
Dinoland U.S.A.
This area should really get a new attraction and/or expansion to it. The Nemo musical should also be moved to different area since it has nothing to do with dinosaurs. Agree! Nemo should go to Epcot so i can match that ride their!
Area
An entirely new land that could be related to either Jules Verne, The ocean, or even Dragons and mythical creatures should be added. YES!

No clue==Never been on ride!

disneyliv85

never been to WDW with a little one (yet!) but isn't Pooh's play area a good place to let kids just run around and be free? Most of the time they are in a stroller or sitting on a ride so wouldn't it make sense to have a place for them to play? It's better than having them climb all over the shelves in the shops or something :shrug:

Rides/attractions that I feel should be changed/replaced:

Magic Kingdom:

Stitch's Great Escape
I know I'm in the minority here, but I don't think this ride should be completely demolished. That would be a waste of some excellent animatronics. I say keep the animatronics, gut the ride, and make a better one.

Tomorrowland Indy Speedway
This ride never struck me as impressive to begin with. It can stand to be replaced.

Aladdin and Astro Orbiter
Dumbo can be kept, but the MK doesn't need 3 incarnations of the same ride.

Country Bears
Something less ... corny? ... perhaps?

Epcot:

Honey I Shrunk the Audience
Honestly, I never like this ride and the pre-show made me :hurl:

Journey Into Your Imagination
I agree with those who suggested bringing back Dreamfinder. Sadly, I've only experienced it once when I was 5 :(

Wonders of Life
It can definitely use ..... something .... anything :lookaroun

Ellen's Energy Adventure
I love this ride, but the movie can definitely updated to make it more relevant. But keep Ellen and the dinosaurs!

World Showcase
Maybe put a ride and/or film in the countries that don't have one.

Disney's Hollywood Studios

Animation Tour (or lack thereof :cry:)
In a perfect world, I would love to see a working animation studio on Disney property again. But that's a subject I probably shouldn't get into any farther :zipit:

Sounds Dangerous
Honestly, you could replace this with Wally's World of Drying Paint and I'd be happy.

Star Tours
This ride is extremely dated. A hardcore, technological revamp is in order.

Indiana Jones
I agree with those who suggested bringing in the Disneyland ride. Either that or update the show.

Great Movie Ride
This could benefit from a technological revamp as well.

Animal Kingdom

Dinoland USA
I feel like the whole "carnival" area throws off the theme of Dinoland. That portion could maybe be replaced with another ride, maybe something less intense than Dinosaur

Animal Kingdom as a whole could benefit from more attractions.

Also, there are a few rides mentioned that I haven't experienced (probably for good reason :lol:) and can't offer my opinion on.

Dragonrider1227

never been to WDW with a little one (yet!) but isn't Pooh's play area a good place to let kids just run around and be free? Most of the time they are in a stroller or sitting on a ride so wouldn't it make sense to have a place for them to play? It's better than having them climb all over the shelves in the shops or something :shrug:

My thought exactly. Kids need a place to let out some steam after standing in line for Peter Pan's Flight for over an hour. I know my autistic little brother would've benefited with a spot like that back in '90. (He was three at the time)

Aladdin and Astro Orbiter
Dumbo can be kept, but the MK doesn't need 3 incarnations of the same ride.

I dunno, those other incarnations are great for those of us who DON'T want to spend over an hour in line for Dumbo. Especially since plenty of people (including myself) actually like the Carpets and Orbiter better than Dumbo. Besides, Dumbo doesn't give you quite the view Astro Orbiter does ;)

disneyliv85

I'll have to put my vote in for Stitch. It was better as Alien Encounter but I'm sure something different could go in there now. Maybe they could keep some sort of alien theme. Who knows!

Courtney1188

I would say replace Country Bears Jamboree.:snore:
Pooh's Playful Spot....We've all have been arguing that it's a waste of space....
Sounds Dangerous with Drew Carey
Tom sawyers island, that place is a huge waste of space

^Agree with all of these!

^AH! But so out of place! Everyone complains about Buzz, Monsters, and Stitch taking over tomorrowland, they might as well just change the name to pixar place, retheme CoP to Wall-E, and Space Mountain to the Incredibles, turn cosmic rays into a ratatouille restuarant, and put a ton of balloons on top of Astro Orbiter and theme it to UP.
[/sarcasm]
Now don't go giving them ideas! Ha

Mission Space...:)
^WHAT?!

ssymes

Country Bears

The show is OLD and STALE. They need to make it into a 3d venue kinda like Philharmagic or at the very least, they could build new and improved animatronic bears. The sound needs to be completely overhauled. My wife asked if I was ready to leave after about the 3 minute mark. We stayed anyway...doh!

Tom Sawyer Island

I like the island, but it could really use a river rapid water type ride to enhance the atmosphere (think Splash mountain or Kilamanjaro). The landscape could use an overhaul as well.

Haunted Mansion

The ride is perfect! Just free up some space so it doesn't feel so cramped. I would like them to add a bigger couryard leading up to the entrance. One that would give the feeling that you are entering a large abandoned estate or something.

Tomorrowland

I like the idea of tomorrowland, but the area needs a complete overhaul. For some reason it doesn't feel very futuristic. :( They should have put Mission Space there.

Jasonflz

Tomorrowland

I like the idea of tomorrowland, but the area needs a complete overhaul. For some reason it doesn't feel very futuristic. :( They should have put Mission Space there.

Sorry but I have to disagree big time. Tomorrowland is, currently, made to be a future that never happened. MILF and SGE really don't elp with the land's current theme and how would Mission Space really make the land any more futuristic.

ssymes

Mission Space fits in with the whole space thing. Plus it has a neat thrill factor to it with landing on Mars and such. Maybe they could make make a thrill ride like Revenge of the Mummy with a revamped Alien Encounter theme.

Victor

Sorry but I have to disagree big time. Tomorrowland is, currently, made to be a future that never happened. MILF and SGE really don't elp with the land's current theme and how would Mission Space really make the land any more futuristic.

M:S going in Tomorrowland actually makes quite a bit of sense. It is essentially a souped of version of a former Tomorrowland attraction (Mission to Mars). Also, Imagineering intended M:S to be it's new hit attraction which would then be installed in other parks, but we all know what happened to that. If it were going to any other park, the only place it could go is Tomorrowland.

That all being said, the only two attractions that need to go are SGE and MILF in Tomorrowland. Not only due to themeing reasons, but they are just poor substitutes for what used to reside there.

ssymes

That all being said, the only two attractions that need to go are SGE and MILF in Tomorrowland. Not only due to themeing reasons, but they are just poor substitutes for what used to reside there.

I agree, if MILF must be part of WDW it should really be in DHS. They could move it near the MI rollercoaster that I have been reading about on this board.

marsrunner

Some of these posts about removing "stale" and "old" attractions and replacing them with more "thrilling" rides or "3d" attractions make me want to smash my head in with a brick.
But maybe that's just me.

Want to get rid of one attraction? SGE. Easy. I didn't mind MILF, my kids enjoyed it, but it definitely needs to be moved out of Tomorrowland to the Studios post haste.

ssymes

Some of these posts about removing "stale" and "old" attractions and replacing them with more "thrilling" rides or "3d" attractions make me want to smash my head in with a brick.
But maybe that's just me.

Want to get rid of one attraction? SGE. Easy. I didn't mind MILF, my kids enjoyed it, but it definitely needs to be moved out of Tomorrowland to the Studios post haste.

No reason to get your undies in a knot over ideas being tossed around. :p BTW, what is wrong with rides that contain some thrill in the presentation? Splash Mountain is a perfect example of both thrill and story.

The topic of this thread states, "What Ride would you replace?". Therefore those of us who have some thoughts on the subject came here to voice those opinions. MK has plenty of non-thrill rides that I just love. But, there is always room for progress for the ones that are stale and old. Country Bears for example. It is terrible. I remember there was a time when I liked that attraction, well that was before I knew any better ;)

poohfan94

I still personally think they could make much better use of Tom Sawyers Island. Also even though it was corny but bring back Mr. Toads wild ride and eliminate Pooh. In regards to Epcot they really need to add another country but thats a whole other thread I already know.

WHAT:fork:

poohfan94

oh and for the rides

close SGE for something Kingdom Hearts

replace speed way with autopia

put mr.toad in liberty square so all people will stop companing about pooh, also I think i would fit nicly here

and Pooh's hunny hut were current pooh is

David S.

I'd get rid of MILF, my least favorite attraction at all 4 parks!

As for CBJ, and Small World, both have always been and still are among my all-time faves :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom