What ride is going to have the next big refurb.

Flswimmer

Original Poster
Alright, so just out of curiosity, i'm going to ask a question that I don't think anyone on here has asked yet. Besides Thunder Mountain and Test Track, what ride will have a major(not minor) refurb?

NoChesterHester

Alright, so just out of curiosity, i'm going to ask a question that I don't think anyone on here has asked yet. Besides Thunder Mountain and Test Track, what ride will have a major(not minor) refurb?

I hope it is Imagination, but I know there are plans for the Jungle Cruise.

stitch2008

Being with the competition, I've heard whispers here and there about their refurbishments.

We've heard that Splash Mountain is supposed to be up next. That one would take a couple months. They apparently want both Thunder and Splash to be finished before they start some other project in that part of the park.

MerlinTheGoat

Imagination needs a lot more than what i'd define as a refurbishment. Big Thunder is getting a refurb, maintenance. Imagination needs a gutting and reimagining, it doesn't just need a cleaning.

So what are we talking about here? If we're talking about a cleanup like Big Thunder seems to be getting, Splash Mountain is in pretty desperate need of it. Not to mention Dinosaur and Everest in AK.

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
No inside info here....but a Splash Mt rehab is a no-brainer, then followed by a thorough Jungle Cruise rehab (and plus). I'd love to see piranha (like DL's), added.

stitch2008

No inside info here....but a Splash Mt rehab is a no-brainer, then followed by a thorough Jungle Cruise rehab (and plus). I'd love to see piranha (like DL's), added.

I believe that one is next after Splash. Ive just been hearing Splash over and over again.

Being with the competition, I've heard whispers here and there about their refurbishments.

We've heard that Splash Mountain is supposed to be up next. That one would take a couple months. They apparently want both Thunder and Splash to be finished before they start some other project in that part of the park.

Frontierland/Tom Sawyer's Island expansion? :drevil:

WDW1974

There have been plans for a MAJOR rehab of JC dating back to 2005-06 ... and everytime it comes up at budget meetings, it gets pushed back.

Splash needs the love more. But Splash needs a good six-month closure minimally ... and I have no idea if Phil/TDO have the stomach for it.

~Change is coming. BIG, SPIRITED change!~

NoChesterHester

There have been plans for a MAJOR rehab of JC dating back to 2005-06 ... and everytime it comes up at budget meetings, it gets pushed back.

Splash needs the love more. But Splash needs a good six-month closure minimally ... and I have no idea if Phil/TDO have the stomach for it.

Well... it isn't Publix canned veggies. He probably doesn't have the stomach for it!

A new version of the Imagination pavilion is what everyone wants. Everyone wants a new and innovative experience that respects the original ideas that made it so great.....oh yeah and we want Dreamfinder.

RSoxNo1

If Splash gets a refurb, I would expect it to start in September/October as opposed to right after Thunder comes back online. While Splash is in a state of disrepair, I can't imagine TDO shutting it down during the summer.

Conversely, I could see Jungle Cruise going down for the summer.

Tom Morrow

The list of minor attractions that could use an update/refurbishment is too big to list. As for headliner E-tickets, I wish Tower of Terror would receive some love and some upgrades.

and Dinosaur.

mickeymiss

What's wrong with Splash Mountain? Last year, we encountered some momentary issues on the ride. But when it's operating normally, I love it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom