What "ride" do you ignore?

phlydude

I avoid Body Wars. Not because of :hurl: but because I was seated in the back row once and the capsule jerked forward and then back and my big fat head whacked the back wall.:brick: I wound up with a nasty headache and felt sick afterwards (might have been a concussion, who knows!). I still managed to get through the remainder of the day despite not feeling well for about 1/2 hour.

Star Tours didn't make me sick so I know it wasn't the motion simulator and I don't mind blood and stuff like that.

MKCP 1985

MKCP 1986 won't be found in the following locations:

Magic Kingdom: Hall of Presidents
ECPOT: Universe of Energy
Disney-MGM Studios: Millionaire
Animal Kingdom: Kali River Rapids

The first two are similar: Boring time wasters.

Millionaire is the only one I haven't done before judging. There is just not one single element of that attraction that appeals to me. 'Nuff said about that one.

As for Kali, I just don't like to get soaked and then walk around the park all soggy for the rest of the time I am there. Kali, a clone of many similar raft rides at parks around the country, would be better for me if you had the threat of a good soaking without actually experiencing gallons of H2O dumping on your head. A little water is fine, but getting completely drenched is a bummer.

stitch62678

As for me...it has to be Small World. I don't know why...I think it's the reason the same song is played over and over and over and over again...and those dolls kind of scare me. I also tend to stay away from HOP...I think the reason for that one is that we did it once...and two minutes into it...we were looking at our watches...

This past December trip we did the American Adventure at EPCOT...that was a waste of time if you ask me. I understand that it was history...but it was dull...I agree with the Tom Saywer Island and the Riverboat...nothing exciting happens there...

That's all I can think of right now...

*MichelleP*

Speedway -- lines are too long and I get more excitement on I-75

Tom Sawyer Island - been there, done that!

Jungle Cruise -- I don't ignore it all the time, but it's not one I can do every visit. Or even every other time!

stitch62678

I just remembered some more...at EPCOT...we stay away from that ride in The Land...I can't think of the name of it...but it's BORING!!!! Then there's the show at China...never did...not really wanting to either...we did the France show...it was ok...but not worth a second viewing. At MGM...the Drew Carey show...Sounds Dangerous...I don't like him so that automatically makes it one to avoid. Body Wars...to me the ride seemed too small...and it made some of my family feel claustrophobic...so we stay away from that one too...

BenS

In general:
-Any Roller Coaster/ride with large drops on it. Drops make me throw up. (spinning is fine though, weird huh?)
-All of the non-night shows (Tarzan, Little Mermaid, etc.)
-Parades (except SpectroMagic)

Magic Kingdom:
-Alladin
-Everything in Fantasyland except Philharmagic, Peter Pan (I'm always dragged on Small World though)
-Country Bear Jam-bore-e

Epcot:
-The Living Seas
-All World Showcase movies except American Adventure
-Food Rocks (haven't been there since it was eliminated, so I'm listing it)
-Circle of Life
-The Making of Me (get enough of that from Health Class)
-Body Wars (never been a fan of simulator rides, dunno why)

Disney-MGM Studios:
-Sounds Dangerous
-Star Tours (see Body Wars)

Disney's Animal Kingdom:
-Unless I have over five full days in WDW I don't even go. (and even then I only spend about an hour and a half there)

oochr1soo

Jungle Cruise
Tom Sawyer Island
Rockin ROller Coaster
Tot
Space MOuntain
Splash Mountain..
Teacups

Doesnt break my heart if i miss any of those.. actualy i wont ride a majority of those..

Chris

Raven66

Indiana Jones Stunt Show.............I liked it the first time, I tolerated it the second time for my daughter, but I refused to do it this trip.

RnRc..........tried it. Didn't like it. I don't like the feeling of going upside down.

Indy Speedway.........lines too long and the cars are just too hard to steer.

Tom Sawyer Island..........never had a desire to do it.

I think that's about it!:)

DigitalDisney

As much as I love WDW, this list is longer than I'd like...

MK
- New Tiki Room (I saw the older one semi-frequently)
- Country Bears
- Hall of Presidents
- Small World
- Carousel
- Dumbo
- Tomorrowland Speedway
- Timekeeper

EP
- Ellen's Energy Adventure (once again, I went on the previous one frequently)
- The Making of Me
- Circle of Life (I only saw Symbiosis once, and that was to tape it)
- Wonders of China
- American Adventure (good show, but too long)
- Impressions De France
- O Canada

MGM
- Doug Live or whatever is in that building now. I miss Superstar Television
- Voyage of the Little Mermaid
- Beauty and the Beast Live on Stage

AK
- Tarzan Rocks
- Legend of the Lion King
- Rafiki's Wild Planet (although I still visit the stupid place once in a while, for some reason)

stitch62678

I usually avoid the stage shows. I think it's the reason that I came to the parks to have fun...not to really sit and watch people perform...although it's fun to watch the little kids run up to the characters...The stage shows aren't really my top priority...

ZHoyt

Originally posted by MKCP 1986

As for Kali, I just don't like to get soaked and then walk around the park all soggy for the rest of the time I am there. Kali, a clone of many similar raft rides at parks around the country, would be better for me if you had the threat of a good soaking without actually experiencing gallons of H2O dumping on your head. A little water is fine, but getting completely drenched is a bummer.

Couldn't agree more. Maybe it would be nice on a hot summer day, but for most of the year, I can't stand it.

AndyP

All the dumbo type rides, not because I think they shouldn't be there, and not because i wouldn't have a lugh if i went on them, but they just baren't worh the large queues they normally have, I'd rather go on a larger attraction for a second time, etc.

Walter

There aren't really that many. I'm not listing ones that I'm afraid of, or get me sick (there aren't any of either of those,) nor because the lines are long. I'm just listing the ones that I don't like.

MK-
Speedway
All of Toontown
Astro Orbitor
Carpets of Alladin

Epcot-
Mission: Space
Test Track

D/MGM-
Soon to be the Motor Stunt Show.

AK-
Kali River Rapids
It's Tough to be a Bug (Blech!)

John Baynes

Re: What ride do you ignore?

The thing that I was always least interested in was conservation station in AK. Then I went on it and found that it ok. Don't want to go back, but would go if asked. So now the only rides that the wife and I really ignore are Dumbo and the carpet thingee in AdventureLand. Use the Tiki Room for the AC break. The Hall of Presidents for a real quick nap, also do the same thing in American Adventure. Normally, I can find a use for everything in WDW. :D

CrackerJack

"Sounds Dangerous" should be retitled "Sound Like a Complete Waste of my Time". Will never frequent that "ride" again. :snore:

I would like to do Indy Speedway, but refuse to wait for it. This is an attraction that truly needs a FastPass line.

Reading through the posts in this thread, it truly goes to show how different people are. One attraction I will never pass up is the China pavilion movie. I find it utterly fascinating. But I guess its different strokes ...

... [humming] he's a man of means,
and along come two,
they've got nothing but their dreams ...

Boo's Mom

it would be easier for me to list the ones i always go on instead of the ones i ignore. so here goes:
MK:
small world, space mountain, buzz lightyear, tta, tea cups, haunted mansion, pooh, splash mountain, big thunder
MGM:
ToT (times 10 +), RnRC, great movie ride, muppets
Epcot:
SSE, Test Track, Mission Space, Imagination, Living Seas, Maelstrom
AK:
Kilomanjaro Safari, Primevil whirl (?spelling?), Dinosaur (occationally)

LoriMistress

MK: Tom Sawyer Island, Indy Raceway, Dumbo's Flight, Aladdin's Carpet Ride, Swiss Family Treehouse, Teacups (I love this ride, but I have no one to go on with me...and I won't go on the ride by myself), Tickie Room, Astro Orbitor, Hall of Presidents, Jungle Cruise (Believe me, I love MK park.)

Epcot: Test Track, BloodWars? (pretty much a rip off of Star Wars except it's more crappy and in a person's body instead of space), Circle of Life

MGM: Studio Stunt Show, Sounds Dangerous,

AK: Dinosaur, Primevil Whirl

That's all I can think of right now of the rides that I cannot stand.

Lennyg512

The attractions I always ingore at Walt Disney World are:

Magic Kingdom:
- The Timekeeper
- Carousel of Progress
- Tomorrowland Indy Speedway
- Enchanted Tiki Room Under New Management
- The Hall of Presidents

Epcot:
- The Universe Of Energy Pavillion
- The Wonders of Life Pavillion
- The Land Pavillion
- Wonders of China Circlevision Movie
- Impressions de France Circlevision Movie
- The American Adventure

Disney-MGM Studios:
- Beauty and the Beast Live on Stage
- Playhouse Disney Live on Stage
- Who Wants To Be A Millionare? Play It!
- Disney-MGM Studios Backlot Tour
- Sounds Dangerous Starring Drew Carey

Disney's Animal Kingdom:
- Festival of the Lion King
- Pocahontas and Her Forest Friends
- Flights of Wonder
- Tarzan Rocks!
- Dinosaur!
- Rafiki's Planet Watch at Conservation Station

MadameCheshire

Let's see.. I also have to say that I have ridden most of them..

MK
-Hall of Presidents
-Astro Orbitor (never knew it was there)
-Indy Speedway
-Tom Sawyer Island
-Country Bears (you can see their strings and their movements are extremely robotic.. yes I know they are robots, but I think they could have done a better job)
-The New Tiki Room

Epcot (I really like epcot actually.. for the most part)
-Making of me
-Body Wars
-The ride in Mexico (I am drawing a blank.. sorry)
-Test Track (I have ridden it several times, and it has lost its enjoyment.. exspecially for a long wait)

MGM
-Doug Live
-Who wants to be a Millionaire
-Sounds Dangerous
-Playhouse Disney

AK
-Pocahontas and her Forest Friends

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom