What restuarant should I NOT miss?

AbbyDisney

We've booked our first family disneyworld vacation for April 28th to May 7th. Yes, that's 10 full days! :) So that's a lot of meals! What restaurants should I NOT miss?? and why?

Abby

LouDisney

There are so many good ones not to miss..ok, I am only going to name a few...

LeCellier/Epcot
Sci Fi/MGM
50's Primetime/MGM
Flame Tree Barbeque/AK
Concourse Steakhouse/Comtemporary

Upvote 0

SpenceMan01

Lauriebar said:
Hoop-de-doo Revue!!!

I'll "4th" it! Hoop Dee Doo is amazing. It's a dinner show at Fort Wilderness. All you can eat western style food (ribs, chicken, corn, baked beans, salad, YUMMY bread) served family style....with strawberry shortcake for dessert! :sohappy: Unlimited beer, pop, wine, and sangria too. The show is very funny and entertaining. It's totally worth every penny. Make sure you get Priority Seating way in advance.

Linkies: http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/dining/diningDetail?id=HoopDeeDooMusicalRevueDiningPage
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wd...rt?id=HoopDeeDooMusicalRevueEntertainmentPage

I also recommend the1/2 Rotisserie Chicken with mashed potatoes at Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe in Tomorrowland at the Magic Kingdom. It's so yummy that you'll forget you're eating theme park food!!

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
A lot of good ones have been mentioned, but before I answer, what are your preferences, are you looking for fine dining, nice buffet, value, entertainment, unique experience, ethnic, character meal?

Two suggestions I would make that cross a lot of those categories, Hoop de do review and 50's Prime Time. They are both unique, great family interactive fun and good food that fits most tastes.

No matter what, eating in the parks is an adventure that I do love.
Ok, help me narrow this down for you...

Upvote 0

disneyhope

Ohana at the Polynesian Resort is my personal favorite... it's the first place I ever ate shrimp, and I've loved it ever since! I suggest eating light (if at all) before eating there, however...:slurp:

Upvote 0

IWorkWTeeth

Here are our families favorites: In Disney Studios definately hit 50's Prime Time Cafe!. The food is home cooking...real comfort food! Breakfast at Chef Mickeys or in the Wildreness Lodge....both are all you can eat! We're not "expensive" dining type of people when we are in Disney. My daughter doesn't eat meat and we find it hard sometimes to please her at dinner so we usually keep them relatively cheap unless the husband and I are going out to dinner alone.
If you want a GRAET dessert, gather up a bunch of family or friends and go to Beaches N Cream and order the kitchen sink! Every topping in the house and a whole can of whipped cream!!!
Don't attempt that one alone...........

Upvote 0

OrlandoGuy

egionet said:
One restaurant that hasn't been mentioned is Jiko at AKL. It's expensive, but it's soooo good. Also, like everyone else said, Ohana, Whispering Canyon, and the Hoop-Dee-Doo. Hope this helps!
I second that Jiko is a great place to eat Dinner. Worth the trip out to the AKL

Upvote 0

MGMBoy

If you don't mind a bit of a drive, The Catfish Place in St. Cloud is a great local place. Have everything from hush puppise and catfish to turtle and gator. Don't go there if you have a thing against deep frying though. :p

Upvote 0

Ellajoan

I vote for Boma, but you do need to be willing to be a bit "adventurous" and try new things. They do, however, have plenty of straight forward food for the kids.

Cinderella's Royal Table any time of day--the food there was superb

MGM was a ton of fun, and the food was plentiful and very good

Enjoy all of the fun and new cuisine there!!! :slurp:

Upvote 0

Ellajoan

I vote for Boma, but you do need to be willing to be a bit "adventurous" and try new things. They do, however, have plenty of straight forward food for the kids.

Cinderella's Royal Table any time of day--the food there was superb

50's prime time was a ton of fun, and the food was plentiful and very good

Enjoy all of the fun and new cuisine there!!! :slurp:

Upvote 0

imamouse

Cinderalla's Royal Table is great for any meal of the day. Our family always eats there at least once per trip.

We also love the ribs at Flame Tree at AK, but almost as good is the seating area there. Keep going until you are down near the water. The barge with a steel drum band may come by, complete with Chip and Dale.

For fun, we enjoy the Sci-Fi Diner at MGM. Our kids love eating in the cars.

I've taken my mom to the Garden View Lounge at the Grand Flordian for afternoon high tea. It was a very nice experience. We booked a late PS (4:30ish) and the tea service was so filling that it doubled as our dinner.

With the exception of Hollywood and Vine at MGM, where our teen-age son got such a bad case of food poisoning that we had to take him to the ER, we've never had a bad meal at WDW, and have eaten almost everywhere. Good luck and enjoy! :wave:

Upvote 0

calidisneygirl

Whatever restaurants that you decide to visit, make your priority seatings NOW! We have gone in the past w/out p.s. and couldn't get in to some restaurants. We have a 6 year old, so we do alot of family friendly meals. We love Alfredo's in Italy @ Epcot, Cape May cafe @ beach club, Chef Mickey's for a great character b-fast, The Flying Fish Cafe on the Boardwalk for a wonderful grown up meal (we always take our daughter here, she's eaten @ FF since she was 2), California Grill @ the Contemporary for a gourmet treat and Fireworks and the Rose and Crown in Great Britain @ Epcot (eat on the patio to see Illuminations). If you have admission to Disney Quest, they have some of the best fast food ever! Have a great trip!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom