What Resort Not To Stay At.!

real mad hatter

Hi Folks. You know there's always plenty of members,new & old,asking for advice on what resorts are our favourites.However very few ask where would you not stay. So here's my question today.Is there a resort at WDW that you don't fancy for a particular reason? For example,if I could,which I can't.Afford to stay our 14 days,at a deluxe,( unless the wind of fortune changes ) I would not pick AKL for one particular reason,it's in the middle of nowhere land,on the edge of the magic bubble,yes it's got some of the best restaurants on Disney property,but due to its location,it gets the No Vote from me.And the only other deluxe that I wouldn't like to stay at ( Heres where the heat gets turned up ) is GF. Now before all you GF fans reach for your bow & arrows,let me explain why it's not for me. I'am not the bow tie & afternoon tea kinda guy,I would feel out of place.Theres a Disney brochure here in the UK that shows a picture of mummy with her little angel having petit fours at lunch.( Yeh,like Thats gonna happen ) The La de da scene just isn't my cup of Kona,trust me,I wouldn't feel relaxed...Example..True story time..Many years ago,an up and coming Scottish comedian called Billy Connelly was at a Golf charity event when he bumped into a old school buddy ( who was now a big time lawyer ) He said to Billy " Are you still trying to be a stand up comic? " to which Billy quietly nodded his head.He then went on to say,in his best posh accent,which he never had at school." You know Billy,we bought our villa three years ago for $350.000 and its now worth $700.000, double the price we paid for it,what would you get if you sold your house?" Billy just looked at him and said," Oh about six years.". The moral behind that story is I'am yer working man,the GF isn't for me.:)

thomas998

Kind of amazed at the number of GF haters. I never noticed the people being stuffy there, maybe people see what they expect to see... Unless of course you are staying at the AKL and expect to see animals... For me that is the worst deluxe hotel in existence, premium prices for a view that more likely than not will never appear.

Upvote 0

ccym

Hi Folks. You know there's always plenty of members,new & old,asking for advice on what resorts are our favourites.However very few ask where would you not stay. So here's my question today.Is there a resort at WDW that you don't fancy for a particular reason? For example,if I could,which I can't.Afford to stay our 14 days,at a deluxe,( unless the wind of fortune changes ) I would not pick AKL for one particular reason,it's in the middle of nowhere land,on the edge of the magic bubble,yes it's got some of the best restaurants on Disney property,but due to its location,it gets the No Vote from me.And the only other deluxe that I wouldn't like to stay at ( Heres where the heat gets turned up ) is GF. Now before all you GF fans reach for your bow & arrows,let me explain why it's not for me. I'am not the bow tie & afternoon tea kinda guy,I would feel out of place.Theres a Disney brochure here in the UK that shows a picture of mummy with her little angel having petit fours at lunch.( Yeh,like Thats gonna happen ) The La de da scene just isn't my cup of Kona,trust me,I wouldn't feel relaxed...Example..True story time..Many years ago,an up and coming Scottish comedian called Billy Connelly was at a Golf charity event when he bumped into a old school buddy ( who was now a big time lawyer ) He said to Billy " Are you still trying to be a stand up comic? " to which Billy quietly nodded his head.He then went on to say,in his best posh accent,which he never had at school." You know Billy,we bought our villa three years ago for $350.000 and its now worth $700.000, double the price we paid for it,what would you get if you sold your house?" Billy just looked at him and said," Oh about six years.". The moral behind that story is I'am yer working man,the GF isn't for me.:)

Upvote 0

ccym

Upvote 0

Shadowgate

Grand Floridian. I have stayed at all of the Disney hotels except for the value resorts due to hearing about the over crowded buses. Grand Floridian is as others have said very stuffy and the rooms are no nicer that the moderate hotel rooms. I do like the design and being on the monorail but that is nowhere close to justify the cost. Actually as it stands right now I don't think I would stay at any of the monorail hotels other than the Contempory; at least until the Polynesian is updated. I am fine with staying at POFQ and it's foodcourt and quick uncrowded bus service.

Upvote 0

NiarrNDisney

I'm not a fan of any of the All Stars but if they were the only rooms availible the one I would not step foot in would be Sports for a few reasons #1. Pop Warner #2. The theme #3. The cafeteria #4. It's ugly #5. Seems unclean and needs a major refurb

Upvote 0

Mrsdonaldduck

I just love that Disney has resorts that meet the needs of just about everyone! I hope we are blessed with more trips to Disney and have the opportunity to stay at more of them. We have stayed at poly and gf. We are big monorail fans and with 3 little ones it suits us well to stay at a monorail hotel.Née can roll the double stroller on and off the monorail and not wrestle with folding it up. I just love the gf and we are by no means stuffy :) I love the beautiful grounds, the tranquility of the courtyard pool the excitement of the beach pool, the band playing in the lobby, how the entire hotel smells so sweet!!! I love hearing the walt disney world railroad and seeing cinderella's castle from the resort! We spend more time at the hotel than at the parks because the kids (and Adults)get tuckered out. it so nice to hop on the monorail and be back at the hotel within minutes. Also, the kids are young so it is nice to watch the fireworks From the hotel. Magic kingdom is the park we visit most and when we stay at the gf we feel like we are a part of the magic kingdom. We always go during value season and we are able to take advantage of some awesome discounts. Maybe when the kids get older we will experience some of the resorts by Epcot!!!

Upvote 0

awoogala

I just love that Disney has resorts that meet the needs of just about everyone! I hope we are blessed with more trips to Disney and have the opportunity to stay at more of them. We have stayed at poly and gf. We are big monorail fans and with 3 little ones it suits us well to stay at a monorail hotel.Née can roll the double stroller on and off the monorail and not wrestle with folding it up. I just love the gf and we are by no means stuffy :) I love the beautiful grounds, the tranquility of the courtyard pool the excitement of the beach pool, the band playing in the lobby, how the entire hotel smells so sweet!!! I love hearing the walt disney world railroad and seeing cinderella's castle from the resort! We spend more time at the hotel than at the parks because the kids (and Adults)get tuckered out. it so nice to hop on the monorail and be back at the hotel within minutes. Also, the kids are young so it is nice to watch the fireworks From the hotel. Magic kingdom is the park we visit most and when we stay at the gf we feel like we are a part of the magic kingdom. We always go during value season and we are able to take advantage of some awesome discounts. Maybe when the kids get older we will experience some of the resorts by Epcot!!!

in minutes? having just stayed at the contemporary and been held up multiple times by monorails breaking down and being "stopped", this is kind of humorous to me. We walked faster then the monorails most nights.

Upvote 0

disneysince71

I agree with you! :)

Upvote 0

Mrsdonaldduck

in minutes? having just stayed at the contemporary and been held up multiple times by monorails breaking down and being "stopped", this is kind of humorous to me. We walked faster then the monorails most nights.
We too are from NJ and always go the end of August before kids go back to school but, we haven't had problems with the monorail. The monorail is just so much easier for us then the busses. Love not having to fold up the strollers. We haven't stayed at the contemporary but walking to the park sounds very appealing!

Upvote 0

fireworksandfairytales

In the Parks
No
From personal experience: I'd say the All-Stars are a last resort (no pun intended ;)).
Also, not too fond of Caribbean Beach, because I think as far as moderates go my stays at both POFQ and Riverside have been much more magical.
I wouldn't choose the Contemporary either, though I've never stayed there. Out of all the deluxe resorts it's last on my wishlist. I just think it has a very boring look to it compared to the theming of the others.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom