• EPCOT

Votes: 47 29.4%
  • Animal Kingdom

Votes: 14 8.8%
  • Hollywood Studios

Votes: 8 5.0%

• Total voters

crxbrett

It has always been MK for us, but, during our last visit last fall, over our 8 day stay we spent our first and last day at MK, plus half of our second day at MK as well for MNSSHP, so my DW is determined that we will only be headed to DAK for our first day of our trip next fall, and only to MK for MVMCP and for our last day. Not really thrilled about this idea-the biggest highlight, for me anyway, of our trips to WDW is walking down MS and getting that first glimpse of the castle at the start of our first park day. Maybe it won't feel that different starting at DAK (or DHS or Epcot) but I know I won't really feel like I'm at WDW until I see that castle.

That's the dilemma I am having as well since I am staying at AKL when I start my trip. It's going to feel odd for me not jumping on the Monorail and seeing Seven Seas Lagoon and the castle on my first morning/day there.

larandtra

Depends on the time of year, what I am there for, where I am staying, whether or not IM on property and using EMH hours. Sometimes Ill go just to go to a specific event or park most of the trip. Used to be Epcot, but, as many times as I get down there, that has changed drastically.

MichiganDisneyDad4

We have ALWAYS started with MK...but our upcoming trip next year we will be staying at the BC (reason being, EPCOT has turned into our favorite park), so with that being said, EPCOT will be our first park of the trip :)

KBLovedDisney

We always go to Magic Kingdom first, after an early flight in, and then usually have dinner at somewhere in MK or at one of the resorts on the loop.
For some reason, every time we start at the Magic Kingdom the first day, we either a) go to the Poly before to have breakfast or b) go to the Poly after the park for dinner:)

Amos1784

We used to ALWAYS start with MK, there was no question. But recently we have wanted to start with Animal Kingdom. Magic Kingdom has just become SO crowded and congested that we prefer to do it at night. So we start with AK in the morning, there's nothing better than some Everest, Pandora, and a Safari to start your trip. Make a stop at Nomad or Dawa, lunch somewhere in AK THEN head to MK. Second day then being a full Epcot day.

DfromATX

We like to save the best for last so we're doing Epcot and HS first, then 2 days at MK and finally AK. Normally, AK would be in the middle, but due to Pandora and planning for our fast passes, we made that one last.

Goofyernmost

We really don't a choice any more. First up is can we get FP's to the attractions we want in each park?

We avoid EMH because that is where the crowd goes.

I like MK at night so I always plan MK for a night with a late close.

Epcot is a half day and so is DHS so they just get fitted in or we don't go to those parks. We always go to AK.

It's really a matter of missing crowds and trying to figure out FP's. Epcot is useless without FP's and I don't usually waste FP's there's. We also don't go to WDW for more then 3 days at a time. 3 days of theme parks is enough. Other then that I live in the South no need to hang out in Orlando, much better places to go to just hang out. Cheaper too.
Of course it is up to you, but, how can Epcot be a half day. It is a whole day just doing Futureworld. You must be missing some good stuff. But, whatever makes you happy, I guess.

Walt Disney1955

I know the travel agents tell you not to, but if we show up to Orlando on a Saturday we take the full day Sunday to relax and then go to Magic Kingdom on Monday. I know, I should wait until Tuesday because EVERYONE hits the Magic Kingdom first, but I don't.

JIMINYCR

We have always started out with MK but this trip DS will be joining us and EP is going to open this trip up with a partial day. The first full day will be MK..

FettFan

WHAT?!?!?! How can you say that? What do have against animals? :jawdrop:

Absolutely nothing.

Which is why if I want to spend a whole day at a glorified zoo, I make the drive to Tampa.

maxresdefault.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom