What other hobbies or interests do you have besides Disney?

Speedo Bob

Original Poster
Other hobbies that I have besides Disney are:

1) Belly flopping: Yes I am a belly flopping champion at my local swimming pool. You should see the air time I can get going off of one of those Spring boards. With all of my weight the board almost touchs the water.

2) Lawn Bowling: I know it is a sport for older people but my parents got me into it and boy oh boy it can be a Rowdy good time.

3) Ringette: To answer all of your questions? Yes this is the girls version of hockey. The thing was when I was a kid growing up I loved hockey, but the thing was when I was a kid there was only one hockey team and you had to try out for it. Year after Year I would not make the team so the hockey coachs would feel sorry for me and let me play Ringette with the girls. I played for 10 years and now I coach my local team.

4) Country Line Dancing: I am the king of Billy Ray Cyrus's Achy Breaky Heart, There is no one that I know of that can dance the Achy Breaky as good as myself.So don't tell my heart my Achy Breaky heart I just don't think you'd understand.

Any ways what other hobbies or Interests do all of you fellow Disney Fanatics have?

Erika

Everyone pretty much knows about my love of animals :) John and I have 3 kitties and I volunteer at a local shelter a few times a month.

I also love stupid movies (usually starring former castmembers of SNL :rolleyes: ) and tend to watch them until I have all the lines memorized. We bought Old School last week so that's the newest one.

I have a very bad habit of singing at the top of my lungs, usually in the car or the shower.

I like to paint. I'm starting to do murals for kids' rooms.

Now that the weather is nice I have been doing some gardening.

I also have a few foster kids that I sponsor (a la About Schmidt) and still keep in touch with the family of my first one, who graduated from the program a couple of years ago. I made a pretty lame website about my experiences but it needs some heavy duty updating!!! So anyway, I try to write all the kids once amonth and send care packages or whatever. School supplies and stuff. It seems weird to a lot of people but I like it anyway.

So that's me :)

Well I don't have much time for hobbies or other interests since I am trying to finish grad school to be a physical therapist.

But...
I do volunteer at a pro bono clinic in Chicago that provides medical care free to the community
I am trying to succeed in not killing an African violet plant that a patient gave me :brick: (trying but I think it is dying:rolleyes: )
I am starting to plan my wedding (April 2005) and I entered a drawing to win a $40,000 wedding (wish me luck:p )

And I am going to alot of Cub games in my free time! Next one I'll be at is against the Sox, its gonna be fun!:sohappy:

Kristen;)

kellydisney

Interesting post, I often wonder what everyone else is doing other than surfing these boards and being a disney geek like me :)

I love Guinea Pigs. I currently own two, Twinkie and Gretel, and would love to adopt many more once we move into a house. They are one of the animals that are bred and there are an overabundance of them bought by people who don't understand how much care it takes in having them and end up giving them to shelters, so if you are thinking of adopting a piggy, go to a shelter and get one that could be put to sleep or worse "rescued" by those who own cold blooded reptiles... :(

I am in the process of learning how to train myself to like exercise and am proud to say that I can run 3 miles but am definitely the queen of excuses not to go to the gym... hehe I do manage at least 4 days a week, I'm aiming for more.

I love all things weddings and am so organized in my professional life that my dream job would be a wedding planner and I plan on having a Disney wedding in the next couple of years :)

I love scrapbooking, taking pictures, writing poetry, singing and throwing awesome parties! My last one was this past Saturday. I love hanging out with my friends and the older you get, the farther away you are from each other... so I love to throw the parties to keep us together!

I think another good question is why do you love Disney so much?

I love Disney so much because I did the WDW college program in 1999 and met the man of my dreams (who is also from Boston, fate!!) and we have been together ever since! So I am a corny believer in the saying "dreams really do come true in Disney World". At least they did for me :)

Erika

Originally posted by Don L Duck
I nominate Sister Erika for sainthood :lol:

Not quite. I forgot to add drinking and telling dirty jokes to my list :lol: Oh, and laughing at inappropriate times :lookaroun

Dayma

I am Currently finishing college......been 8 years since I started. Hard to finish when you have a career, family and work on average 50hrs a week.

For fun I collect toys ( Disney, Star Wars, Military, SciFi Playmobil etc etc...) and play video games like DAOC, Planetside and BF1942. I will forever be a kid at heart.

I am also a avid DVD watcher. This is my current expensive hobby. I have my 57" widescreen sony tv and Pioneer Elite AV and DVD. I also have Polk audio for the sound. Its also fun to play the X-BOX on it :)

Photography is something that I love but I run out of interesting landscapes where I live so I havent taken much in the last year. I currently own a N80, F100 and Coolpix 3100.

kellydisney

Kristen

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!! What a great way to propose! Have you checked out having it in Disney? If you are in school this next week and not working on Friday at 2pm (Eastern) on TLC there is going to be a Wedding Story on a Disney Fairy Tale Wedding. Check it out if you're interested.

:)

WDW-Imagineer

I am a third generation volunteer firefighter, so for the past year & a half, that has pretty much been my life. In just 1 year, I have completed over 115 hours of training and have about 50 hours ahead of me this summer.

Aside from the FD I enjoy fishing, golf, and off-roading with my Jeep (some combination heh?) My FD also recently started a softball team, so there goes another hobby. Whats left of my time is filled with listening to music, playing my guitar, or sitting on my computer.

surfsupdon

I am a hurdler at school and I enjoy staying in shape by lifting and running at my college. Sports are cool. I am also an Ambassador of my college.

I love the beach and all things summer, and snow too.

I work in a fish market and I smell fishy all summer long, its a smell that reaks.

SirNim

Originally posted by surfsupdon
...I work in a fish market and I smell fishy all summer long, its a smell that reaks....
:lol: :lol: :lol:

You phrased that line almost like a line of poetry! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Very funny :lol:

surfsupdon

If you could smell me, you wouldnt be laughing buddy!! After work, I have tot ake my shoes off outside, and only walk on our wood floors, no area rugs, if I need to get something inside, then immediately take a shower in our outdoor shower. It's a great summer job, my 5th summer, but its so stinky at the same time!!

Another hobby I have is also surfing, as I am sure you can tell by my screenname.

I also have this "thing" for Christmas time....:xmas:

mkepcotmgmak

Originally posted by Erika
Everyone pretty much knows about my love of animals :) John and I have 3 kitties and I volunteer at a local shelter a few times a month.

I also love stupid movies (usually starring former castmembers of SNL :rolleyes: ) and tend to watch them until I have all the lines memorized. We bought Old School last week so that's the newest one.

I have a very bad habit of singing at the top of my lungs, usually in the car or the shower.

I like to paint. I'm starting to do murals for kids' rooms.

Now that the weather is nice I have been doing some gardening.

I also have a few foster kids that I sponsor (a la About Schmidt) and still keep in touch with the family of my first one, who graduated from the program a couple of years ago. I made a pretty lame website about my experiences but it needs some heavy duty updating!!! So anyway, I try to write all the kids once amonth and send care packages or whatever. School supplies and stuff. It seems weird to a lot of people but I like it anyway.

So that's me :)

i love superstar

Bagheera

Um, well, I used to do community theater, read lots of SF, and was on the board of a local network users group. I participated in a couple of other user groups, and had a side business that was starting to grow. I was also on the Board of Trustees at my Temple.

Now? Well, just about all of my time is taken up by one "hobby". His name is Joshua, he's four-and-a-half, his dance recital was last Friday, and his music recital is coming up next Tuesday.

Oh, when I can squeeze it in, I still help out on governance issues at the Temple, and maintain a couple of web sites. The rest of the hours between Joshua's bedtime and my bedtime? It's in my signature.

rokcandy

You mean that I actually enjoy obsessing over something other than Disney? Actually...yes.

I am big on Sanrio stuffs (you know, Hello Kitty) and have been since I could walk (I had a HK puchcart lol). And I cannot stop buying cute stuffed animals; meaning I still buy an occasional Beanie Baby.

I've always loved learning about dinosaurs, and I draw a lot. Plus I design and maintain 6 websites...3 of which are dedicated to a somewhat dying obsession for me: the Backstreet Boys. Yes, I'm an 18-yr old teenie! LoL But hey, I love many different kinds of music and play the piano. Learning guitar is my next musical goal.

For sports, I play softball, basketball, badminton, and, sometimes, golf. Besides that, I plan on majoring in design, what type I'm not sure, but I still have time right? ;)

cookiee_munster

being english n'all i dont get to visit disney world as much as i would like :( so instead i obsess about my local park Alton Towers which i could say i have an even bigger love for, possibly visiting around 5 times a year. I also had my first stay at the hotel this yr for a surprise birthday :)

I also looove music and buy CD's 24! i love music! I also enjoy art and my likes can range a lot, at the moment i also really enjoy to look at disney concept art, so i pop down my local library and order some imagineering books out :animwink:

edit - oh and that is why i made my sig like that :) if you haven noticed its the "air" simbol from alton towers but i thought i'd just jazz it up and turn it into a D like disneys, just to show my love for both parks :)

pisco

My wife and I show our Peruvian Paso horses. Except for this year when my wife blew her ACL. Didn;t leave me with enough time to get both horses ready for show season.

I am also very interested in photography and am a huge soccer fan. I drive my wife nuts following Major League Soccer as well as a number of leagues around the world. She finally drew the line on Dutch soccer. :animwink: :lol:

I am also a (very) amatuer musician. Any more I just play the electronic drum set that I built with a midi sequencer to amuse myself. My days of being in a band are long gone.

We also are breeding Shiloh Shepherd dogs. But I would consider this as much a business as a hobby.

On the rare occasions I have some free time I really like to read. But I am currently only getting through 3-4 books a year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom