What Order Do You Visit The Parks?

wolf359

It depends on the Extra Magic Hour Schedule. I usually break up my days into two halves, avoiding the park with early EMH and ending the day at the park with late EMH.

However, nothing really says "I'm at Walt Disney World" quite like being at the Magic Kingdom, so on the trips where we're not starting off at the MK I always plan an arrival night dinner at one of the MK-area resorts and an evening of fireworks.

We always start with Epcot on Day 1, its a nice park to begin with and eases us in and sets the pace for the rest of the holiday.
Its usually DHS next then AK finishing with MK.

But we always visit each park at least twice while we're there, even if its just going back to ride one thing again and do a bit more shopping.

Susan Savia

We arrive mid day and after checkin, head straight for Epcot for a few hours to stretch our legs after sitting so long in the car. First full day is always Epcot, the entire park. Our last day is always Epcot. MK is usually the second day unless it has EMHs at it. We usually do Epcot more then the other parks. On days when we are at HS or AK and so leave the park early, its back to Epcot! :)

MrsHarvie08

We drive down from SC, so we usually arrive around 3:00 in the afternoon. After checking in we throw our suitcases in the room and then head straight for MK. EMH usually determines what order we do the rest of the parks. We always end our trip with MK, though.

DisneyDreamer08

We don't really have a set order but we always end up at AK first. We always arrive on the weekend and AK is usually the least crowded then. Also it usually takes us a day or two to get into the Disney swing of things (waking up early, staying out late) so AK is a good place to start because they usually have the earliest closing so its a good way to ease in :)

WDW2010

Since I've never stayed on property yet for my first 2 vists, I am hopefully going in November-December this year and plan to stay on property. My first 2 trips we basically picked to go to the parks on the days they were open the latest. AK was open until 7, DHS 9, EPcot, 9, and MK 11. So we planned accordingly to the hours set for the parks each day. Now if I stay on property it depends on the days I am going, I would probably go to MK the first day and last though.

For us it really depends on what we feel like doing and what is going on at each park.. This year we are arriving on the last weekend of the Flower and Garden Festival, so we will be hitting up Epcot first thing Saturday morn (we won't get to our resort 'til later Friday evening). Any day after that is just a toss up. We do what we feel like that given day.

Patrick_Ears

I would think alot of people arrive during the weekend Fri-Sun. I know MK is crazy at times for the weekend but we still head there first. We feel that the MK is the heart of Disney World and it would be hard for us to pass this park first.

knnyrobb

It really depends on extra magic hours and also dining reservations. We always start our trip at Magic Kingdom. We watch the park open and that makes us excited for our stay! After that it just depends on park hours and stuff. We also like to end the trip with at least a little time at MK. This year we will end with Epcot since it is the only day we could fit Illuminations in. As long as I have at least 2 full days at MK and Epcot and 1 at HS and AK I am happy. :)

cynic710

typically, i start with A.K, honestly just to get it out of the way, plus the early closing makes it easy to have a downtown disney night on the first night. then i do H.S, M.K then Epcot.

when i go again this november, we are taking my best friends wife who is 25 and never been to the kingdom. So we will be starting with M.K as i think its the best park for new comers, and sets the standard of what it means to be in a park, then we will follow with H.S, A.K and EPCOT.

draybook

I usually plan for the MK to be the first and last park on the trip but this September it won't be possible. MK HAS to be the last park though, because I make sure that to end the trip I am the LAST person on the HM, besides the hostess/host that rides after.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom