what old attractions do you miss the most and what new ones can you live w/o??

Disney2002

Rides I miss the most is

Mr. Toad
Horizons
Original Imagination.
Hunchback Show

Rides I can do without

Tiki Room
Great Movie Ride (augh!)
the last 10 minutes of Ellen's Energy Ride (love the attraction, but it is way too long!)

I know you asked for attractions, but the things I miss most are two parades -

The first is my all time favorite Tapestry of Nations then Dreams and I also loved the Mickey Mania ( I think that is what it was called) parade they had at Magic Kingdom a few years ago. By the way does anyone have the soundtrack from that parade. I would love to know if it exists and what it is called.

I also miss Horizons - I was one of the lucky ones that got to ride it with my grandson the last day of operation.

I also can do without Food Rocks (gone) and Enchanted Tiki Room. Most of the rest either I or one of my kids or grandkids seem to enjoy to I would vote to keep for now.

One thing is that progress must go on, as Walt explains in COP, so I guess we must all be willing to allow change.

SewIn2Disney

I don't know if this counts since I never rode it, but I wish they would bring back the "flying saucers" from disneyland. I've read so much about it, and I'm sure with technologly today, they could make it work better.

I also wish they could bring back Tapestry of NATIONS (not dreams)

I could do without:
Journey into Your Imagination
Snow White's Scary Adventures
Indy Speedway
Aladdin's Magic Carpets/that same ride in DinoLand....seriously, do we really need 4 of those type rides (3 in the same park??) Dumbo, and Astro Orbiters have a nastalga feel, but we can do away with the other two.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Originally posted by DisneyGrandma
Mickey Mania ( I think that is what it was called) parade they had at Magic Kingdom a few years ago. By the way does anyone have the soundtrack from that parade. I would love to know if it exists and what it is called.

I also miss Horizons - I was one of the lucky ones that got to ride it with my grandson the last day of operation.

It was called Mickey Mania. Its available on the Disney-Central mIRC. Or PM me.

You rode Horizons the last day? I`m Jelous!

cloudboy

I really miss...

World of Motion
Horizons
Old Tiki Room
Dream Flight and If You Had Wings
Tapestries
20,000 Leagues

I could do without these new attractions...

Test Track
Missions: Space
Alien Encounter (well, I guess we already are)
The New Journey Into Imagination
The New Tiki Room

Other Attractions which I would be willing to trade for something good...
Living Seas
Whole Wonders of Life Pavillion
Honey I shrunk the Audience
Land Boat Ride
Tom Sawyer's Island

I'd be very upset if they removed/changed...
Spaceship Earth
Malestrom
Pirates
Peter Pan
Swiss Family Tree House

cherrynegra

I miss:

Alien Encounter

I would not miss:

Country Bear Jamboree
Tommorowland Speedway
Tarzan Rocks
All of Dinoland except Dinosaur
That god awful ride in Mexico at Epcot.

Chape19714

I miss:

-Dreamflight (although i do enjoy Buzz Lightyear!)
-Mr. Toads Wild Ride
-Food Rocks (well, i miss watching my friends suffer listing to the music!!)
-Diamond Horseshoe Review
-Original Enchanted Tiki Room
-Horizions
-World of Motion (never rode it, but really wish i made the effort to after hearing how great it was form all these Forums!)
-CoP I wish that the 2 songs would "alternate" so you could hear both, and it should be open more often.
-Tapestry of Dreams Parade

I could live without:

-Pooh
-Snow White
-Tiki Room, Under new Management
-Mission:Space
-Body Wars (well, they could restore it or digitally re-master it or something)
-Goofy's Musical Review
-El rio de tiempo
-Haunted Mansion Sets
-Tarzan Rocks!

dox

I can't get over the number of you that hate the New Tiki Room and Snow White!!?? Are you folks nuts? Do you even remember how dull the original Tiki Room was?? I'm glad it is being kept as is at DL, but even happier it got changed. New version is so much fun, it has become a must see. where b4 it was a must avoid. What is the problem with Snow White?? Is it the new and improved version y'all hate or either version?? Either way Snow White is so enjoyable and definitely deserves a place at this park.
Same goes for Buzz. Yeah not great, but definitely a lot of fun. I also don't understand how someone could mention Soarin when it hasn't even opened.

Things I miss::(

Horizons
Mr. Toad's
Superstar Television
Kitchen Kabaret
If You Had Wings
Original Journey Into Imagination
Time Is Now version of COP

Don't Miss:

Original Tiki Birds
World of Motion
Mission to Mars (UGH!! - worst attratction ever)

Could Do Without:hammer:

New Journey Into Imagination
Pooh (I would accept it if it hadn't removed Toad and was the TOKYO version)
Dino O Rama
Aladdin
Indy Stunt Show
New version of Animation
Current version of COP

Dont' Touch or I will Scream List

Spaceship Earth
Peter Pan
Pirates
Haunted Mansion
Splash Mt.
Tower of Terror (ok to add more drops and effects though)

J

joviacdan

I agree - I love the Snow White ride. Sure, it's nothing special, but it really gives you this old amusement park feel.

I also agree - If they ever touch Splash Mountain, I'll lose it!

J

joviacdan

Originally posted by cherrynegra
I miss:

Alien Encounter

I would not miss:

Country Bear Jamboree
Tommorowland Speedway
Tarzan Rocks
All of Dinoland except Dinosaur
That god awful ride in Mexico at Epcot.

HEY - I love that god awful ride in Mexico. It's just one of those first day rides for me that makes me feel like I'm in Disney World.

LONG LIVE EL RIO DE TIEMPO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SirGoofy

Miss:
:cry: Journey Into Imagination Version 1:cry:
AE(although I do think Stitch will be good)
Seacabs
Horizons
20K(so sad that I never got to ride it)
WEDway Peoplemover(same ride, but this is such a cooler name:D )
Mr. Toad's
Body Wars. I have an odd feeling that this will be gone soon and I wont be able to ride it before it is.
Mickey's Star/Birthdayland. I liked these way better than Toontown Fair

Can do w/o
The movies in WS
HISTa. This is getting stale. I think it's time to put a Figment 3-D show in there.
Indy Stunt Show. I want the Temple of the Forrbiden (insert object here).
Backlot Tour. Without Residential Street the ride is lacking, and there is so mouch room back there for expansion.
IASW
Snow White's Scary Adventure. This thing needs a major rehab.
Winnie the Pooh
Indy Speedway
Alladin. Everytime I see it I want to scream:fork:

I miss Super Star TV (I was once chosen to be the butler who got hit in the face with a Three Stooges pie... It was great!!!!)
Horizons
Diamond Horse Shoe Review

Things I won't miss
Tarzan Rocks
Body Wars

Becky

Originally posted by marni1971
and lots of little things too (Cronkite and Tomorrows Child,

And don't forget "Just make believe you're a tiny little seed".:cool:

Don't get rid of the French movie. By the time I make it to France I need a place with nice comforable seats so that I can sleep for 15 minutes before heading off to the Rose and Crown for Half and Half:D (or the politically incorrect version Black and Tan:lookaroun )

(From Mr. Tom Morrow)
6. Toontown – needs help stat!

Agreed.:) Bring it back as Mickey's Birthday Land:cool: I assume Mickey has a birthday every year so they never needed to change it from MBDL. Loved hearing the music as the train approached "We're on the way to Mickey's Birthday Land"

And the cupcakes at MBDL were to die for:D

SirGoofy

Originally posted by Becky
(From Mr. Tom Morrow)
6. Toontown – needs help stat!

Agreed.:) Bring it back as Mickey's Birthday Land:cool: I assume Mickey has a birthday every year so they never needed to change it from MBDL. Loved hearing the music as the train approached "We're on the way to Mickey's Birthday Land"

I have to agree with this. MBDL was way better than Toontown Fair. But if they ever do convert it back, Barnstormer and Donald's boat must stay.

P.S. What was occupied the area of Donald's boat and Barnstormer when it was MBDL?

WDWhumanmap

Original Poster
mickey mania man i miss that parade what about disney mania the show the was preformed by the kids of the kingdom i was in the merchant of venus and heard the main song but couldn't find it one cd at any of the stores anyone w/ info on either of these let me know thanks

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom