What new things are you going to do your next trip

Flyersgirl17

I have been to Disney World 4 times throughout my life, (I know...very unimpressive compared to a lot of people on here lol). We are going again in September and we will be staying on property for the first time ever. Which means it will also be a first that one of our kids wants to do the Jedi Training Academy, (I am pretty sure I am more pumped about this though - even though he is super excited!). It will also be our first time @ T-Rex, Ohana, Garden Grill, Crystal Palace, Be Our Guest, Boma, Biergarten, Sci-Fi, and Prime Time. We have the DP which is also a first - bonus that we got it for free although I planned on purchasing anyway. I plan on doing Characters in Flight for the first time, first time on Toy Story Mania and it will be my son's first time to DW ever. Oh and first time going to Blizzard Beach! My kids don't know it yet but I also have a welcome celebration set up too, which would also be a first :) CAN"T WAIT!
Just a little bit of advice. Get there EARLY if you want to do the jedi training and as soon as DHS opens, run (and i mean RUN) for registration. We did that and we got the last slot for the that day since the park was closing early due to the marathon

Upvote 0

OSUgirl77

Stayed at Riverside Nov 2014 staying at French Quarter in Jan 2016 Love both of them. French is so quiet and easy to get around.
First, welcome to the forums!

I've wanted to stay at Riverside since it was called Dixie Landings, but tend to stay at either WL (which I love) or offsite. I'm excited to finally stay there!

Upvote 0

JennSmith

Just a little bit of advice. Get there EARLY if you want to do the jedi training and as soon as DHS opens, run (and i mean RUN) for registration. We did that and we got the last slot for the that day since the park was closing early due to the marathon

Yes! I have heard this is the case. I have already told my family that as soon as we get in, my son and I need to run to the registration! Thank you!!

Upvote 0
First, welcome to the forums!

I've wanted to stay at Riverside since it was called Dixie Landings, but tend to stay at either WL (which I love) or offsite. I'm excited to finally stay there!
Thank you for the welcome. And I want to stay at wilderness next trip. Wife loves the French Quarter. Thats why we do whispering Canyons every trip so I can get my Wilderness on.

Upvote 0

SnowWhite1015

We're doing a lot of new things this trip! It's our first stay at Pop and our first MNSSHP and Food and Wine fest. We're trying a bunch of new restaurants and doing the Wild Africa Trek and Behind the Seeds. I've never been on TSMM, Test Track, Soarin', Peter Pan's Flight, SSE, and I've never seen a castle show, Wishes in any form, or any parade or street show so hopefully I can cross most if not all of those things off this time around! I also would love to close out MK and get a shot of the castle from an empty Main Street but I don't know if that will happen.

Upvote 0

Rogue21

We're doing the Wild Africa Trek and the Wishes Fireworks Cruise for the first time.

We are going on the Wild Africa Trek for the first time.

We're trying a bunch of new restaurants and doing the Wild Africa Trek

We've done both of these over the past couple of trips. Loved the Wild Africa Trek! A giraffe got so close to our safari truck, I could see her eyelashes. Beautiful! And lunch on the savannah was wonderful.

I can't say enough about the Wishes Fireworks Cruise. It will spoil you for firework viewing on all future trips. :) I surprised my folks with one back in 2012 and they still talk about it. Near brings a tear to my eye. This past trip we did the Illuminations trip and that was equally memorable.

Upvote 0

Cosmic Commando

Next trip is the first time that we're going to have an entire day of the trip without going to the parks. The only park-free days in the past have been partial days when we arrive and leave, but we're going for 13 nights and you can only get 10 day tickets for some silly reason! This trip, we're going to take off the highest crowd calendar day, which also happens to be roughly in the middle of the vacation.

I'm also going to try to do more low-key touring. I'm normally one who "attacks" the parks, but I'm really looking forward a bit more relaxed pace. My wife would certainly appreciate it; she does not like "theme park commando". Of course, I say this now... :angelic:

Upvote 0

disneyfirstLJ

New things for our next trip:
Staying at Pop Century
All 4 parks in one day
Eat at a table service restaurant in Epcot (not sure which one yet)
Do the Behind the Seeds Tour
Spend more time in Animal Kingdom (I hope!)
Flying out of a different airport due to a great price
Fantasmic
Wishes
Festival of Fantasy Parade
Taking an entire day off in order to do night time activities
Hopefully going to the outlets to do some off property shopping
Visit The Polynesian Village Resort and do more resort hopping

Upvote 0
We're doing a lot of new things this trip! It's our first stay at Pop and our first MNSSHP and Food and Wine fest. We're trying a bunch of new restaurants and doing the Wild Africa Trek and Behind the Seeds. I've never been on TSMM, Test Track, Soarin', Peter Pan's Flight, SSE, and I've never seen a castle show, Wishes in any form, or any parade or street show so hopefully I can cross most if not all of those things off this time around! I also would love to close out MK and get a shot of the castle from an empty Main Street but I don't know if that will happen.
If you want a really good close out photo then eat at Crystal Palace at the last seating and linger as long as you can. We did this were like the last few family's out and got a few great shots. Also got a early breakfast there and got shots before the Kingdom opened.

Upvote 0

awheartsdw

Trying a new resort- Polynesian
Trying club level for the first time
Dining at Kona Cafe (dinner), 1900 Park Fare (breakfast), Be Our Guest (dinner, we've had lunch there) and the first time for our daughter dining at Crystal Palace (dinner)
Meet the Characters at the Adventurers Outpost in AK
Meet Anna and Elsa at Princess Fairytale Hall
Fantasmic
And anything else that may be new to us along the way-we are always game for anything at Disney!

Upvote 0

PrincessNelly_NJ

Seeing the Frozen Fireworks... all of frozen fun really.
Trying Shula's, Ohana, & The Boathouse for the first time. Hoping to check out Trader Sam's too!
Lot's of first for my fiance though, his first time...
staying at POFQ.
riding 7DMT
going to Universal.
trying Tusker House, Shula's, The Boathouse, & Ohana
on the Dining plan.
*says* he is going to try RnR for the first time too, we shall see.

Upvote 0

aw14

We always try to get a few new restaurants and a new resort each trip. Recently it was
  • Sanaa (amazing)
  • Teppen Edo (very good)
  • Contemporary (love it)
  • Animal Kingdom Lodge (great)
This trip in 2 weeks we are staying at the Poly and trying Crystal Palace, Be Our Guest and Kona Cafe for dinner.

Good to try some different ones, but can't hurt to have a few old faithfuls there as well

Upvote 0

littlered

We are eating at Rose & Crown for the first time and we are changing up our normal character breakfast from 1900 Park Fair to O'hana, oh, almost forgot I was also able to score Be Our Guest for dinner, it's only taken me 3 trips to finally get that resi

Upvote 0

mattdenine

New things for our trip are
1) Staying at AOA
2) Dinner at BOG
3) Brunch at Chef Mickey's
4) Mine Train
5) MNSSHP
6) Food and Wine

Lots of new stuff this trip really looking forward to it.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom